ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

I see two good spirits of the 4 choices....another is maudlin.....with another disguised mean spirited and haughty....as D48 has already won went with Mr. C....

Sir, cut the cheap philosophy and go and vote for Costas.

The Best of All.

The saviour of Thai Visa..........

Vote for Costasthumbsup.gif

Huh?

Who else on the list is Mr. C.....?

Always a humorous rejoinder that guy....

This is the spirit, wise members.

My count is going up................

84 to go.......it's nothing.......you can do it.

Keep voting for Costasthumbsup.gif

Keep changing your votes to Costasthumbsup.gif

That's the spirit!

Indeed smokie, indeed it is.

A little bit of the spirit of Poty's past has come to the thread now that one negative poster has stopped for the moment.

Maybe there is some hope left after all.

I can't do it to them fletch.........or can I?

Sure you can... wink.png Life's full of surprises.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know it makes sense: Vote None of the Above1.

1. A real alternative to: Mrs Doubtfire; Rainbowdash the prancing pony; Costas (aka Tony Conti) the Greek gigolo; and "Saint" David

That's the spirit!

A little bit of the spirit of Poty's past has come to the thread now that one negative poster has stopped for the moment.

I could smell the desperation and fear yesterday. :o

I love it. :D

I can't do it to them fletch.........or can I?

Sure you can... wink.png Life's full of surprises.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. A real alternative to: Mrs Doubtfire; Rainbowdash the prancing pony; Costas (aka Tony Conti) the Greek gigolo; and "Saint" David

I suppose I might save on the tacos bill

• Like 1

I am disapointed this year in the way this contest has developed. In the past it was a way for regular posters to have a little dig at each other and give recognition to the enjoyment some of the posts have given. The end award was never taken seriously by anyone.

This year it has changed. It has in the end become a contest by someone who must have the award to add to the collection on the mantlepiece.

It is sad, the award is worth nothing and never has been. What is priceless it the raport between people who may never see each other but have become friends in some way through this forum.

The end of an era I guess.

Surely it's time for a new candidate? and a return to the past. I propose the addition of: "None of The Above", to the candidacy list smile.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LPdTXRjIKQ

Smokie/ Admin could it be done? smile.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fletch, wait for me to open my new account with TV "Costas the Hansum" and then we can talk about your suggestions.

If you don't like none of the above go for a walk as far as you can till you get lost.

The alternative is...........

That's the spirit!

I could smell the desperation and fear yesterday. ohmy.png

I love it. biggrin.png

You could smell it also?......Amazing.........

Wife kept going out of the room all night..............

• Like 1

Could someone please point me toward Costas's badger milking threads so I can get up to speed. His reputation hasn't spread as far as Chiang Mai. Apparently the critters don't live in the mountains.

Mancy,

Costas might like to let you play with his super sized TGAU.

Are you familiar with the product?

He he

No, I must admit that I'm not familiar with a TGAU. Can you enlighten me?

But, I'd bet that Costas has never been propositioned by Alan Hall to invest his life savings in some shady investment deal that promised 20% return in a Channel Island bank I'd never hear of. Oh and we could have immediate access to our money any time we wanted. True story. Alan tried that when we were fresh off the boat.

Since real banks in the rest of world were only paying about 6 - 7% (at most) we laughed him off. We figured everyone else did. Guess not. And now somehow it's my fault.

See, each candidate has their own "local" stories.

so youre there to give advice to expats but when you KNOW there is a shark cruising among your members you dont bother raising an alarm?? lol

o

Lack of knowledge of what a TGAU is shows how little the candidate actually knows about the forum. She may know ChiangMai and I cannot deny she does good work there in real life but this is a forum issue and I think she shows herself lacking in this.

None of the above! None of the above! None of the above!!

Have you got a stuttering, Sir?

Don't worry, it can be fixed

IF you

better yet, why dont you shut your gob for awhile.

Why?

Don't you like my music?

I'll put something else for you

• Like 1

IF you

Why?

Don't you like my music?

you yap like a sh*itzu

IF you

Why?

Don't you like my music?

And what support did you give me in "Knob of the year" Sir Costas?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/786889-we-should-of-had/

None, but I won anyway. thumbsup.gif

harrry, I liked your post a lot.

When I saw a Mod in the Pattaya thread endorsing the Campaigning style, in this case, Jingthing, I reposted your quality words there.

Sadly, this was the reply.

This is a Post from the POTY Thread worth, I believe, reading ...

I am disapointed this year in the way this contest has developed.

In the past it was a way for regular posters to have a little dig at each other and give recognition to the enjoyment some of the posts have given.

The end award was never taken seriously by anyone.

This year it has changed.

It has in the end become a contest by someone who must have the award to add to the collection on the mantlepiece.

It is sad, the award is worth nothing and never has been.

What is priceless it the rapport between people who may never see each other but have become friends in some way through this forum.

So, referring to an above post (endorsing campaigning ... my addition for relevance) ... IMHO, begging and campaigning is unbecoming.

For goodness sake, David why don't you just leave Jingthing alone? You've gone out of your way to bait and antagonize him during the entire campaign -- about his sexual and religious orientation. Yet, when anyone says anything about your personal life you cry foul. You're the good little family man, above reproach. What a hypocrite! If that isn't dirty campaigning, what is it?

Why don't you do what Jingthing and I have done -- go onto your local forum and campaign, remind your friends that you're in a contest and you'd like to win. What's the matter with that? It's not begging, it's not groveling. It's just making them aware there's something going on elsewhere on ThaiVisa in a forum they may not otherwise visit.

Or is it that you don't have a home forum, no place where people appreciate your posts? No place where people think "gee, that David48, really shared some valuable information" I guess not.

Is this the NancyL we have become to know?

It seems the Spirit of the POTY has not touched everyone ... rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

For goodness sake, David why don't you just leave Jingthing alone? You've gone out of your way to bait and antagonize him during the entire campaign -- about his sexual and religious orientation. Yet, when anyone says anything about your personal life you cry foul. You're the good little family man, above reproach. What a hypocrite! If that isn't dirty campaigning, what is it?

Why don't you do what Jingthing and I have done -- go onto your local forum and campaign, remind your friends that you're in a contest and you'd like to win. What's the matter with that? It's not begging, it's not groveling. It's just making them aware there's something going on elsewhere on ThaiVisa in a forum they may not otherwise visit.

Or is it that you don't have a home forum, no place where people appreciate your posts? No place where people think "gee, that David48, really shared some valuable information" I guess not.

Sorry, dbl post.

Mods. please delete/hide.

Thanks

Edited by David48

BTW Slightly off topic - unlike 3000 other replies - but how do you insert a video as a picture instead of just a link when posting?

If it's YouTube, just copy the URL in the address bar. Then do nothing except paste that into your post. Once I paste that I like to center it. There's nothing else to do. For some reason it pulls the video into your post.

• Like 1

harrry, I liked your post a lot.

When I saw a Mod in the Pattaya thread endorsing the Campaigning style, in this case, Jingthing, I reposted your quality words there.

Sadly, this was the reply.

This is a Post from the POTY Thread worth, I believe, reading ...

I am disapointed this year in the way this contest has developed.

In the past it was a way for regular posters to have a little dig at each other and give recognition to the enjoyment some of the posts have given.

The end award was never taken seriously by anyone.

This year it has changed.

It has in the end become a contest by someone who must have the award to add to the collection on the mantlepiece.

It is sad, the award is worth nothing and never has been.

What is priceless it the rapport between people who may never see each other but have become friends in some way through this forum.

So, referring to an above post (endorsing campaigning ... my addition for relevance) ... IMHO, begging and campaigning is unbecoming.

Is this the NancyL we have become to know?

It seems the Spirit of the POTY has not touched everyone ... rolleyes.gif

Thanks for posting that David and great post Nancy. Nancy has said what everyone else was thinking.

IF you

Don't you like my music?

you yap like a sh*itzu

Careful.....they can bite your balls and then you will be crying..........

If you want me to shut it..........