Vigil for Charlie Hebdo massacre victims in Bangkok

webfact

France colonized half of Africa. They, like Britain have a responsibility to these colonies, whether the like it or not.The colonies, like the rest of the radical islamic world require prosperity, promise of a better tomorrow, which they simply do not have. Hence the frustration and hatred. I might be wrong, and indeed have been told to the contrary, but I don't believe wealthy kids strap on C4 vests and blow themselves to bits. Nor do the wealthy aspire to a lifetime in solitary in some 4sq meter cell. It does not add up. Even up the disparity of global wealth and this rage will abate. I blame Thatcher, Reagan, and a pi$$ weak Tony Blair for this current situation. More specifically, Thatcher's Poll tax. There you go... the conspiracy is out of the bag.

"Yes, freedom of speech is extremely important, it's worth fighting and dying for, we must have the right to mock anybody, it's one of the cornerstones of our society, we must fight to preserve this right".

Er, is THIS what we're really trying to say ? Or is this really about looking at the crime, and using it to have a pop at Muslims ?

Bluespunk How would you feel around 1937-8 concerning The rise of Nazism in Europe? "Condemning a whole political ideology because of the actions of a few extremists" there may only be a few Islamic psychopaths as I am sure there were only a few Jew hating fascist psychopaths BUT there were enough! and it certainly appears that there are more than enough murderous Islamic scum today. Please don't turn into the Neville Chamberlain of TVF Mate

PS I am from North Yorkshire.

Well France has allowed the scum of the world to stand on it's soil and now the scum are spilling French blood on that same soil. Will France do something now?

Damn right - all major Western cities are now filled with these Muslim fanatics - they're so easy to spot, even the moderates ones need to go. If I can spot them, why's it so hard for the governments?

GET. THEM. OUT!

USE FORCE!!!!!!

I feel that condemning a whole religion because of the actions of bigots who wrongly claim to represent it and kill in the name of god [any god or philosophy] is wrong.

You mention the IRA. I come from an Irish Catholic family and believe me the prejudice was there in the 70s and less so in the 80s. The mid 70s in particular were not good. Families moved because of the feeling all micks/paddies/white niggers were the same. A lot of good people despised violence, yet they were Irish, so they were just as guilty in the eyes of some. Not all, not the majority, but it was there. There was a good reason they always lived in predominantly Catholic areas.

There is no justification to blame a whole faith because of the crimes of some scum acting in it's name [any faith or philosophy]. That is why I call this fear irrational and unjustified.

Unless we all stop hating the violence will never end.

PS I've lived and worked in both Bradford and Luton.

You are omitting the fact that the IRA did not infest the Rest Of The World with their terror tactics. The problem with Islam is that they're bloody everywhere. And I am half Irish (non partisan) and had Muslim friends in my home country. Educated ones. Wherein lies the difference.

But I retain my disgust for the Imams who are just now reluctantly putting on a show - a few utterances 'condemning' these atrocities, and the governments and their open door policy and feeble kowtowing to adherents of just this one particular religion. Why?

Bluespunk How would you feel around 1937-8 concerning The rise of Nazism in Europe? "Condemning a whole political ideology because of the actions of a few extremists" there may only be a few Islamic psychopaths as I am sure there were only a few Jew hating fascist psychopaths BUT there were enough! and it certainly appears that there are more than enough murderous Islamic scum today. Please don't turn into the Neville Chamberlain of TVF Mate

BS.

Hitler and the nazis were nationalistic bigots and part of a wider network of fascist groupings across the whole of europe, most notably italy, spain, poland and in france to a lesser extent.

They were all extreme forms of right wing political thought, but had little in common outside of militarism and authoritarianism.

They oppressed their fellow countrymen and persecuted all who stood against them as dictatorships the world over have done.
They were overwhelming Christian [mostly Catholic, funny that]
But they were also a minority.
Not all Spaniards were franco
Not all italians were mussolini
Not all germans were hitler
Not all frenchmen were part of croix de feu
Not all poles were pilsudski
Just as all muslims are not terrorists and do not support terrorism.
I have at no point condoned or supported terrorist scum, ever.
I also do not condone the bigotry that some exhibit towards Islam.
  • Like 1

BS.

Hitler and the nazis were nationalistic bigots and part of a wider network of fascist groupings across the whole of europe, most notably italy, spain, poland and in france to a lesser extent.

They were all extreme forms of right wing political thought, but had little in common outside of militarism and authoritarianism.

They oppressed their fellow countrymen and persecuted all who stood against them as dictatorships the world over have done.

Then please inform me, why don't the moderate Muslims rally in the streets all over Europe to protest against the fanatics using Islam as a cover for their cowardly acts??

That would prove once and for all that they (the moderates) are part of the society they are living in.

I know that a few imams have condemned the terrorists, IMO only lip-service to keep government money flowing to their communities.

I feel that condemning a whole religion because of the actions of bigots who wrongly claim to represent it and kill in the name of god [any god or philosophy] is wrong.

You mention the IRA. I come from an Irish Catholic family and believe me the prejudice was there in the 70s and less so in the 80s. The mid 70s in particular were not good. Families moved because of the feeling all micks/paddies/white niggers were the same. A lot of good people despised violence, yet they were Irish, so they were just as guilty in the eyes of some. Not all, not the majority, but it was there. There was a good reason they always lived in predominantly Catholic areas.

There is no justification to blame a whole faith because of the crimes of some scum acting in it's name [any faith or philosophy]. That is why I call this fear irrational and unjustified.

Unless we all stop hating the violence will never end.

PS I've lived and worked in both Bradford and Luton.

You are omitting the fact that the IRA did not infest the Rest Of The World with their terror tactics. The problem with Islam is that they're bloody everywhere. And I am half Irish (non partisan) and had Muslim friends in my home country. Educated ones. Wherein lies the difference.

But I retain my disgust for the Imams who are just now reluctantly putting on a show - a few utterances 'condemning' these atrocities, and the governments and their open door policy and feeble kowtowing to adherents of just this one particular religion. Why?

Just never enough for some people. Islamic teachers and centers of learning condemn the violence but it's not enough. Why do I think nothing ever will be for some.

As for religious terror,

The LRA, christian I believe

Buddhists in burma and sri lanka

Hindu nationalist groups in india

Yes Islam has it's share of bigots, so do all faiths.

No one is kowtowing to anyone. The laws that protect islam in europe apply to all faiths.

• Like 1

BS.

Then please inform me, why don't the moderate Muslims rally in the streets all over Europe to protest against the fanatics using Islam as a cover for their cowardly acts??

That would prove once and for all that they (the moderates) are part of the society they are living in.

I know that a few imams have condemned the terrorists, IMO only lip-service to keep government money flowing to their communities.

They were there as part of the rallies condemning these cowardly actions across France and in the UK for starters. You know, as part of the wider community, you know, as part of an integrated society, you know, what you've been going on about all day, you know, integrated, part of the community.

Love the 'they said it but didn't mean it' sentence at the end. Classic.

Nothing is ever good enough for some.

Never will be i suspect.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Well France has allowed the scum of the world to stand on it's soil and now the scum are spilling French blood on that same soil. Will France do something now?

Damn right - all major Western cities are now filled with these Muslim fanatics - they're so easy to spot, even the moderates ones need to go. If I can spot them, why's it so hard for the governments?

GET. THEM. OUT!

USE FORCE!!!!!!

Get those gas showers back to running spec, eh. crazy.gifsaai.gif

• Like 1

These terrorist don't benefit from support from the moslem people living in France, except for a few very active networks. They (and also those who go to fight in Syria) are a bunch of losers who have believed what they have been told. They have been toild that they have been chosen, that they are heroes of Islam, and that they will go to the equivalent of paradise and that they have70 girls waiting for them there.....

Update:

3 hostage takers known to have been killed, 4 hostages killed and 2 policeman injured at the supermarket.

3 "terrorist heroes" dead, 210 young virgin girls to find up there for them smile.png

It`s too late now, the western world has managed to breed it`s own home grown terrorists that are spreading like a cancer around the world. This has been a dormant volcano now starting to erupt. At least during WW2 the allies knew the enemy that were on the outside trying to get in. Now they have a much more difficult dilemma, the enemy within, psychopathic suicidal fanatics that want to take as many people as possible to hell with them that can crawl out of the woodwork at any time at any place.

I believe this is a dawning of a new era of the ultra extremist terrorist, possibly the worse threats of danger towards the west since WW2. The world could be heading for a war between East vs West.

The situation has become dire, for which I blame the policies of consecutive western governments, not only as regards Immigration policies but also for intervening into the affairs of middle eastern politics believing these countries would be a pushover mostly for the purposes of domination over oil supplies.

How the west is going to get it`s self out of this mess, I have no idea?

• Like 2

"not only as regards Immigration policies but also for intervening into the affairs of middle eastern politics believing these countries would be a pushover mostly for the purposes of domination over oil supplies"

I would rather say "particularly for intervening into the affairs of middle eastern politics believing these countries would be a pushover mostly for the purposes of domination over oil supplies"

In particular in Irak, in which a secular society has been tranformed in a religion-based system, which could only lead to the current situation.

BS.

"Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are harsh

to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who

are near to you, and let them find harshness in you,

and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty"

Qur'an, Sura 9:123

These Shooters are doing exactly what their holy books tell them to do.

BS.

"Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are harsh

to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who

are near to you, and let them find harshness in you,

and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty"

Qur'an, Sura 9:123

These Shooters are doing exactly what their holy books tell them to do.

Nope.

My 2 cents. I will never condone bowing to terror and hope that they are eliminated speedily whenever they emerge. I believe firmly in freedom of speech - as long as it is not intended to provoke. I can't agree with the intentionally provocative editorial policies of that magazine. If I stir up a friendly dog he will likely play tug'o'war with me, roll about and play with me as long as he's happy to do it. But if I do the same with a known vicious one or even a rabid one I can expect to be savaged. It's in the nature of the dog and I know it. These "journalists" know very well the nature of the terrorists, yet they go out of their way to provoke them and have succeeded. They share some of the blame for the deaths of the innocents. IMO.

Terrorism is a rapidly and perhaps an exponentially growing threat to us, no matter what cartoons or comments are published. But don't put intentionally targets on people who have done nothing.

Reading through the posts there seems to be some confusion by apologists that these people are somehow acting outside the laws or constraints of Islam. . They were not. They were following it to the letter. The Quran is not a philosophical document. it is by and large highly prescriptive and reads as a legal document. For those who do not understand. Here is a brief on what those guys were fighting for. Sharia For Dummies. Then you can decide for yourself if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

1- Jihad, defined as "to war against non-Muslims to establish the religion," is the duty of every Muslim and Muslim head of state (Caliph). Muslim Caliphs who refuse jihad are in violation of Sharia and unfit to rule.
2- A Caliph can hold office through seizure of power meaning through force.
3- A Caliph is exempt from being charged with serious crimes such as murder, adultery, robbery, theft, drinking and in some cases of rape.
4- A percentage of Zakat (charity money) must go towards jihad.
5- It is obligatory to obey the commands of the Caliph, even if he is unjust.
6- A caliph must be a Muslim, a non-slave and a male.
7- The Muslim public must remove the Caliph if he rejects Islam.
8- A Muslim who leaves Islam must be killed immediately.
9- A Muslim will be forgiven for murder of: 1) an apostate 2) an adulterer 3) a highway robber. Vigilante street justice and honor killing is acceptable.
10- A Muslim will not get the death penalty if he kills a non-Muslim, but will get it for killing a Muslim.
11- Sharia never abolished slavery, sexual slavery and highly regulates it. A master will not be punished for killing his slave.
12- Sharia dictates death by stoning, beheading, amputation of limbs, flogging even for crimes of sin such as adultery.
13- Non-Muslims are not equal to Muslims under the law. They must comply to Islamic law if they are to remain safe. They are forbidden to marry Muslim women, publicly display wine or pork, recite their scriptures or openly celebrate their religious holidays or funerals. They are forbidden from building new churches or building them higher than mosques. They may not enter a mosque without permission. A non-Muslim is no longer protected if he leads a Muslim away from Islam.
14- It is a crime for a non-Muslim to sell weapons to someone who will use them against Muslims. Non-Muslims cannot curse a Muslim, say anything derogatory about Allah, the Prophet, or Islam, or expose the weak points of Muslims. But Muslims can curse non-Muslims.
15- A non-Muslim cannot inherit from a Muslim.
16- Banks must be Sharia compliant and interest is not allowed.
17- No testimony in court is acceptable from people of low-level jobs, such as street sweepers or bathhouse attendants. Women in low level jobs such as professional funeral mourners cannot keep custody of their children in case of divorce.
18- A non-Muslim cannot rule -- even over a non-Muslim minority.
19- Homosexuality is punishable by death.
20- There is no age limit for marriage of girls. The marriage contract can take place anytime after birth and can be consummated at age 8 or 9.
21- Rebelliousness on the part of the wife nullifies the husband's obligation to support her, gives him permission to beat her and keep her from leaving the home.
22- Divorce is only in the hands of the husband and is as easy as saying: "I divorce you" and becomes effective even if the husband did not intend it.
23- There is no community property between husband and wife and the husband's property does not automatically go to the wife after his death.
24- A woman inherits half what a man inherits.
25- A man has the right to have up to 4 wives and none of them have a right to divorce him -- even if he is polygamous.
26- The dowry is given in exchange for the woman's sexual organs.
27- A man is allowed to have sex with slave women and women captured in battle, and if the enslaved woman is married her marriage is annulled.
28- The testimony of a woman in court is half the value of a man.
29- A woman loses custody if she remarries.
30- To prove rape, a woman must have 4 male witnesses.
31- A rapist may only be required to pay the bride-money (dowry) without marrying the rape victim.
32- A Muslim woman must cover every inch of her body, which is considered "Awrah," a sexual organ. Not all Sharia schools allow the face of a woman exposed.
33- A Muslim man is forgiven if he kills his wife at the time he caught her in the act of adultery. However, the opposite is not true for women, since the man "could be married to the woman he was caught with."
34-It is obligatory for a Muslim to lie if the purpose is obligatory. That means that for the sake of abiding with Islam's commandments, such as jihad, a Muslim is obliged to lie and should not have any feelings of guilt or shame associated with this kind of lying.

Reading through the posts there seems to be some confusion by apologists that these people are somehow acting outside the laws or constraints of Islam. . They were not. They were following it to the letter. The Quran is not a philosophical document. it is by and large highly prescriptive and reads as a legal document. For those who do not understand. Here is a brief on what those guys were fighting for. Sharia For Dummies. Then you can decide for yourself if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

1- Jihad, defined as "to war against non-Muslims to establish the religion," is the duty of every Muslim and Muslim head of state (Caliph). Muslim Caliphs who refuse jihad are in violation of Sharia and unfit to rule.
2- A Caliph can hold office through seizure of power meaning through force.
3- A Caliph is exempt from being charged with serious crimes such as murder, adultery, robbery, theft, drinking and in some cases of rape.
4- A percentage of Zakat (charity money) must go towards jihad.
5- It is obligatory to obey the commands of the Caliph, even if he is unjust.
6- A caliph must be a Muslim, a non-slave and a male.
7- The Muslim public must remove the Caliph if he rejects Islam.
8- A Muslim who leaves Islam must be killed immediately.
9- A Muslim will be forgiven for murder of: 1) an apostate 2) an adulterer 3) a highway robber. Vigilante street justice and honor killing is acceptable.
10- A Muslim will not get the death penalty if he kills a non-Muslim, but will get it for killing a Muslim.
11- Sharia never abolished slavery, sexual slavery and highly regulates it. A master will not be punished for killing his slave.
12- Sharia dictates death by stoning, beheading, amputation of limbs, flogging even for crimes of sin such as adultery.
13- Non-Muslims are not equal to Muslims under the law. They must comply to Islamic law if they are to remain safe. They are forbidden to marry Muslim women, publicly display wine or pork, recite their scriptures or openly celebrate their religious holidays or funerals. They are forbidden from building new churches or building them higher than mosques. They may not enter a mosque without permission. A non-Muslim is no longer protected if he leads a Muslim away from Islam.
14- It is a crime for a non-Muslim to sell weapons to someone who will use them against Muslims. Non-Muslims cannot curse a Muslim, say anything derogatory about Allah, the Prophet, or Islam, or expose the weak points of Muslims. But Muslims can curse non-Muslims.
15- A non-Muslim cannot inherit from a Muslim.
16- Banks must be Sharia compliant and interest is not allowed.
17- No testimony in court is acceptable from people of low-level jobs, such as street sweepers or bathhouse attendants. Women in low level jobs such as professional funeral mourners cannot keep custody of their children in case of divorce.
18- A non-Muslim cannot rule -- even over a non-Muslim minority.
19- Homosexuality is punishable by death.
20- There is no age limit for marriage of girls. The marriage contract can take place anytime after birth and can be consummated at age 8 or 9.
21- Rebelliousness on the part of the wife nullifies the husband's obligation to support her, gives him permission to beat her and keep her from leaving the home.
22- Divorce is only in the hands of the husband and is as easy as saying: "I divorce you" and becomes effective even if the husband did not intend it.
23- There is no community property between husband and wife and the husband's property does not automatically go to the wife after his death.
24- A woman inherits half what a man inherits.
25- A man has the right to have up to 4 wives and none of them have a right to divorce him -- even if he is polygamous.
26- The dowry is given in exchange for the woman's sexual organs.
27- A man is allowed to have sex with slave women and women captured in battle, and if the enslaved woman is married her marriage is annulled.
28- The testimony of a woman in court is half the value of a man.
29- A woman loses custody if she remarries.
30- To prove rape, a woman must have 4 male witnesses.
31- A rapist may only be required to pay the bride-money (dowry) without marrying the rape victim.
32- A Muslim woman must cover every inch of her body, which is considered "Awrah," a sexual organ. Not all Sharia schools allow the face of a woman exposed.
33- A Muslim man is forgiven if he kills his wife at the time he caught her in the act of adultery. However, the opposite is not true for women, since the man "could be married to the woman he was caught with."
34-It is obligatory for a Muslim to lie if the purpose is obligatory. That means that for the sake of abiding with Islam's commandments, such as jihad, a Muslim is obliged to lie and should not have any feelings of guilt or shame associated with this kind of lying.

And yet the actions of these cowardly, despicable attacks were condemned by Imams and leading centres of Islamic learning, wow they must really not understand their faith and what it allows.

Perhaps they should contact a learned fellow such as yourself to get a true understanding of their faith.

One they have devoted their whole lives to, wow, how could they have got it so wrong?

Quick pass on your dummy's guide [just to clarify the dummy part, was that "for" or "by"?} before it's too late.

Thank goodness you're here to put them right.

Edited by Bluespunk

How can the French govt know which of its citizens are going to turn to scum?

Or are you just claiming all members of one faith are scum.

Nah, doubt any one could be that bigoted.

From the BBC today

"Dr Shuja Shafi, secretary general of the Muslim Council of Britain, also condemned the attack - believed to be in response to cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

"Nothing is more immoral, offensive and insulting against our beloved Prophet than such a callous act of murder," he said.

A group of 15 UK imams released a statement saying "cold-blooded murder such as this is the antithesis of Islam and its tenets".

There was an equally outright condemnation from one of the leading centres of Sunni Islamic teaching in Egypt yesterday.

Yes these killers are scum.

However they are not representative of any faith.

Empty words. They made similar statements when Lee Rigby was slaughtered in Woolwich. Because they speak these words we're supposed to believe them? How about these words then? He spoke them so they must be true, right? He speaks for ALL Muslims, he says. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe9suuordxY

Yeah sure, Alwyn

Isn't it kinda special on TV when you can commingle all the anti-Islamic stuff together and then a few minutes later parge it with a rendering of hatred based subtexts ?

I guess that's because it's become so mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful to hate Islamic people.

But hey, thanks for all your exquisitely banal observations and perceptions.

This is almost as productive as "the Piece Process".

• Like 1

Some good news!!

The editorial staff that survived the cowardly attack on their colleagues on Charlie Hebdo are already working on next weeks issue!!

Long live free speech and people who are not intimidated!!

Nice words of peace from many Islamic leaders. But can be taken somewhat skeptically considering the obvious desire to reduce a backlash. The question is where is their FOLLOW THROUGH after events like this in their communities, after this event and previous ones? I think skepticism about their real sincerity to actually DO ANYTHING about it is well justified.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

The Onion had a very interesting article on how one might possible see things in a way desperately avoiding to show offence to people who take offence so easily (allegedly that is).

"It Sadly Unclear Whether This Article Will Put Lives At Risk"

http://www.theonion.com/articles/it-sadly-unclear-whether-this-article-will-put,37715/

• Like 1