my friend spent a million baht on a girl he met online

Rangsitreppin

He must be a happy man to be able to love so deeply and enjoy helping those close to him.

One is a victim only by choice; one is happy only by choice.

How to adapt and live happily in Thailand......

-when angry, punch a pillow in private, or learn better anger control.

-love your partner, wife, etc. for themselves, not as you wish them to be.

-always have a Thai citizen "front" for you for everything from ordering food to dealing with Thai government.

-never expect a Thai to follow your orders to the letter and do not give more than one request at a time.

-kindly laugh WITH a Thai asking for too much money, like tuk tuks, and compliment him on his sound capitalist ways.

-at least read about Buddhism so you can see it is a rational life philosophy with many good aspects and not superstitions.

-realize you live in Thailand primarily TO RELAX... this is your central life goal here and main reason to reside here.

Add your favorite..........................biggrin.png

• Like 1

I married a 20 year factory lady, 40 years old, bought her folks a 900K house, we are here in the US for now, happy as clams mostly. I'm 55. Life has no guarantees.

All good at least theres one success story on TV

not just one...you are a success story as well,innit?

25,000 Euros was around a year ago 1 million Baht. You can't even buy a decent garage in Munich for that price and surly the landlord lady isn't included as well.

For my lassie I burned too 1 million Baht for a house and even bought her a new nose.

Bought myself as well a Bangkok condo in my name and the SUV is also in my name.

For the OP he should enjoy the rides.

Edited by MobileContent

Why do people continue to post these pathetic stories? If I was stupid enough to be ripped off like this I would not be telling others about it, nor would I be recounting friends' similar experiences.

most guys i know or have met have the same story and have wifes maybe its like a kind of thing blokes do over here in thailand to get accepted by othe expats

Rangsit,
quite obviously, many here didn't find it necessary even to read your post, and many can't understand it, or simply don't want to.
You care about your friend, the OP is not about your own personal situation.
If I were in your shoes, I would inform my friend now about the OP as long as his identity is not unrevealed.
There is nothing wrong about an online chat with a girl, in fact, many long-distance relationships go on like this over the years. And many end up in fear when the sponsor runs out of money and maybe gets a little bit jealous, maybe he gets pissed by all these rumours spread about Thai bargirls.
We don't even know if the lady in question was or is a bargirl, we only know Farangs' paranoia about Thai bargirls. A bargirl is a job like any other job, or do you call Farang bargirls prostitutes in Europe or USA? I know many bargirls in Pattaya that work hard for their living (and for their children), most of them save money for their families. Some have a Farang sponsor, some have not. Some change their jobs, some do not. Some even care for their Farang boyfriend when he runs out of money, and they still don't mess around with other men.
I would advise your friend to be honest to his girl. Either she accepts him and the situation he's, then everything is fine. Or she runs away, then he is free for other girls. She might tell him to <deleted> off, I would give her a few days to reconsider her decision and get out of what psychologists call "cognitive dissonance"
Just an advice from an ignorant reader, the final decision is, of course, up to your friend.
Good luck

• Like 1

OP really does post the most boring topics. Probably got a 'D' in troll school.

The mark of a boring troll is the replies are not even worth reading, and I don't mean to offend those other posters, they just have to work with what they've got.

Still, boring troll and successful troll are not the same thing: that's why we see so many saying "I only got a 'D' in troll school yet my threads are in double figures."

The 'self-made troll' strikes again....

• Like 1

The mark of a boring troll is the replies are not even worth reading, and I don't mean to offend those other posters, they just have to work with what they've got.

Still, boring troll and successful troll are not the same thing: that's why we see so many saying "I only got a 'D' in troll school yet my threads are in double figures."

whats that got to do with LOS

Understandle. When I came back from Thailand the first time in summer of 2013, all my best girlfriends were from Asia, my favourite woman an immigrant from Assam, India. Must be something too strange about brown-skinned women, in fact most white Farang women hate them and treat them like enemies - until they meet one.

Well come on squeegee, let's help him out, get those grades into at least the 'B' category. After all, living in Rangsit can't be much fun. Perhaps he hangs out at the railway station, wistfully watching travelers heading to the bright lights of Bangkok or alternatively envying those heading for the fresh air and space of upcountry.

The problem is he's painted himself into a corner( just outside 7-11), where topics are limited to girls and getting wasted. He needs to expand his repertoire.

I recommend he peruses all the forums to gain some fresh ideas, but of course he needs to remain in the general or farang pub forum as there is not enough traffic in Thai language, farming or golf etc to interest him.

I'm beginning to realize being a successful troll is no piece of cake, it requires a fine balance, perhaps years of study.

Oh well, have a glass or bottle of Hong Thong on me Rangsitters old bean.

PS I'm sure Rangsit is familiar with the sounds in the last 30 seconds of this sketch.

Sometimes I'm glad I'm an orphan, so I don't have to ask my mother anymore. My blood sister ran mad about my Thai gf when she found out I was sincere.

And my bank account? Sad story, my bank consultant ran mad when she found out I had get engaged with my gf and felt insulted. She immediately ran to police and told them I personally insulted, threatened and tried to blackmail her while I was in Thailand. And the bank took this as an excuse to finish my bank account, so I couldn't get my pensions for 2 months.

I had time to learn my lesson: never trust a Farang, never trust authorities, never trust a bank, and never trust yourFarang family when you're in love with a Thai woman and run out of cash. I never got any credit from any Farangs, but Thai people trusted me even though they were quite poor. My gf's family took care for me, Thai Airways took care for my luggage after I had returned to BKK.

Now I don't care anymore, folks and institutions in Old Heidelberg did not want me, and I don't want them. I only want what they're all after. I want what they wanted for me or from me resp. I want my best: my money.

I think we can write the next instalment of the story ourselves where the woman's Thai husband boots the farang out of his house and threatens to kill him, if he doesn't stop bothering his wife. LOL.

Can't have been much of a house or maybe some other farangs also contributed.