Hua Hin & Surrounding Areas Condos

InSiSongkram

Hi,

I`m looking for some advice from those in the know of the property market in Hua Hin & Surrounding Areas for condos. I`m looking to buy something for myself and my family to use as a holiday home and possibly rent out for the rest of the time.

I`ve been there a few times but I`m not over familiar with the areas but our budget is between 3 - 3.5M Baht, ideally not something too far away from the beach, golf courses, shopping centers and restaurants we have our own car so don`t mind to be 15 or 20 mins away.

Ideally off plan and new but would also consider places that are a year or two old from trusted developers with a good track record. Any advice highly appreciated and links to developers projects etc.

Thank you.

Lumpini Beach Park Cha am. Full pricing to be released next month for phase 1. Directly on the South end of Cha am Beach. Completion 2017. I personally feel Lumpini are one of the best Thai developers with complexs in both BKK and Pattaya already. Good construction and modern design. Cha am is a low rise 5 storey with one and two bed units starting at 28sqm. The 56sqm 2 bed should just be in your price range. Perfec t location and amenities for you and your family to enjoy holidays. Don't expect much ROI by way of rental but surely enough to pay maintenance costs etc. They have showrooms already and you can register to be updated on full release details. Go take a look.

• Like 2

I live in Hua Hin and know the market a bit

With that budget you never get a condo right at the beach

But you can get a one bedroom condo near the beach

Have a look at Kao Takiab, very near from Hua Hin town but much quieter

Several condos still available there

Advise you to rent at least one month in the area you choose...

Good luck

• Like 1

It is very rare for condos to appreciate significantly anywhere outside Bkk and I imagine part of the reason you are buying is to see some capital gain that I doubt will happen because Thai developers cant help themselves and oversupply , and body corps ( and sinking funds ) usually eventually get rorted somehow , and maintenance plans fall to pieces

The other problem is a lack of development controls meaning someone can start a garbage dump nearby and you as a foreigner can do virtually nothing to stop it

I would be advising you to avoid this market altogether

• Like 1

Renting is the Best, that way you can change your mind about location. You can rent villa's with pool for about 600.00 month US Dollar or less if you decide to stay a year. Lot's to look at. We own in Nonthaburi a LPN condo 3bdm 3bath, but come to Hua Hin often to get away from the noise and pollution. Good luck with your search.

• Like 1

It is very rare for condos to appreciate significantly anywhere outside Bkk and I imagine part of the reason you are buying is to see some capital gain that I doubt will happen because Thai developers cant help themselves and oversupply , and body corps ( and sinking funds ) usually eventually get rorted somehow , and maintenance plans fall to pieces

The other problem is a lack of development controls meaning someone can start a garbage dump nearby and you as a foreigner can do virtually nothing to stop it

The Thais have the same problem, they cannot stop it either, unless they are at the very top of the hierarchy.

Easy to buy, difficult to sell, especially now the AUD, EUR, RUB, GBP and all the Scandie currencies have taken a big hit in the last year.

Rent first, take your time, don't get too excited about any one condo, and pop in some very very low balls. I moved out of Hua Hin years ago, couldn't take the traffic anymore. Weekends and holidays it is one humongous traffic jam.

There are much nicer places to live.

• Like 1

12DrinkMore if you`ve lived in Hua Hin and there are nicer places to live can you share these with me?

The Thais have the same problem, they cannot stop it either, unless they are at the very top of the hierarchy.

Easy to buy, difficult to sell, especially now the AUD, EUR, RUB, GBP and all the Scandie currencies have taken a big hit in the last year.

Rent first, take your time, don't get too excited about any one condo, and pop in some very very low balls. I moved out of Hua Hin years ago, couldn't take the traffic anymore. Weekends and holidays it is one humongous traffic jam.

• Like 1

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I have a condo in Cha-Am and think twice about going to Hua Hin because of the traffic jams. Reminds me too much of Bangkok where I normally live !!

• Like 2

What not Rent at the Tira Tira for exapmple, but not on the RailAway side, pool side si quiet. Its a very modern secure building, very quiet, lots of scandinavian golfers. Shops nearby, night market down the road 5 mins walk, good cheap restaurants. Tescos and Villa market a short drive, or the local bus stop is a walk away. No need for a car there. The pool. An be a bit cool as its in the shade sometimes. Don't buy, try. First. They do short locations. Well equipped kitchens, flat screen TVs, comfy furniture, good bathrooms, pool side is lovely. I stayed there 2 years. Hua hin too quiet for me tho. They have an agency in town and are online if you fancy a look.

• Like 1