Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I think that result DEFINATELY means you are going to win the League or at least finish Top 4.

Irrespective of how you get on when you play a decent Side like Arsenal, Chelsea or Man United....

You must be a happy man this morning Mr Singh. :)

I'm over the Moon Toady, i've only kicked the Dog 3 times & tried to run over 4 Construction Workers, better than the average Monday morning i tell you.. :D

My Facebook is a really welcoming place too today...LOL

It was a truly horrific evening for me last night & every time i turned over that poxy Channel, they scored, it was awful.. :D

Edited by MSingh

Just wondering, when you went 8-1 did Arry give Pav a run out? Not likely.

He's a grown man, why does he have to feel sorry for him ?

Anyway there could be many reasons as to why he didn't bring on Pav :

1. he simply doesn't like him.

2. he had already made 2 substitutions.

3. he was knackered from playing midweek even though he didn't play a full game.

4. it's a premiership game, not some sunday morning kids game.

5. he had a tenner on defoe scoring 6.

6. he can't bring on every substitute.

Edited by alfieconn

Just wondering, when you went 8-1 did Arry give Pav a run out? Not likely.

He's a grown man, why does he have to feel sorry for him ?

Anyway there could be many reasons as to why he didn't bring on Pav :

1. he simply doesn't like him.

2. he had already made 2 substitutions.

3. he was knackered from playing midweek even though he didn't play a full game.

4. it's a premiership game, not some sunday morning kids game.

5. he had a tenner on defoe scoring 6.

6. he can't bring on every substitute.

In reply to each of your points..

1. we know this already

2. saving the 3rd in case Defoe got injured?

3. come on he is the most rested spur after bentley, hardly need to rest him for the world cup

4. i guess at however million he cost, the premiership is too big a step for him

5. most probably reason yet :)

6. one in particular :D

I think that result DEFINATELY means you are going to win the League or at least finish Top 4.

Irrespective of how you get on when you play a decent Side like Arsenal, Chelsea or Man United....

You must be a happy man this morning Mr Singh. :D

I'm over the Moon Toady, i've only kicked the Dog 3 times & tried to run over 4 Construction Workers, better than the average Monday morning i tell you.. :D

It was a truly horrific evening for me last night & every time i turned over that poxy Channel, they scored, it was awful.. :D

I switched it off at half time - logged onto Facebook this morning to see it plastered on my wall from one of my Spuds mates. :)

You must be a happy man this morning Mr Singh. :)

We can take it then that you don't enjoy seeing an ex-player doing so well then :D

You must be a happy man this morning Mr Singh. :D

I switched it off at half time - logged onto Facebook this morning to see it plastered on my wall from one of my Spuds mates. :)

Not directly Spurs related, but does anybody else find F Book to be a good place to post photos and not much else?

Nice to see Harry showing some compassion towards his opposite number in his post match interview, this is obviously a measure of the man :D

Not in my book .

When I ran a golf mag in the UK I approached him to be our special guest at a charity event I was organising, despite writing to tell me he was coming he never showed up. No excuses, it was the close season.

People had pledged a lot of money to play a round of gold with 'arry, all that money WOULD have gone to CLIC. :)

Cheers for that Harry :D

He did not even bother to let me know he could not make it and he knew about the charity thing

Nice to see Harry showing some compassion towards his opposite number in his post match interview, this is obviously a measure of the man :)

You can bet your house it was because it brought memories of young 'arry's first day as a manager flooding back. Small mater of a 9-0 defeat.

Nice to see Harry showing some compassion towards his opposite number in his post match interview, this is obviously a measure of the man :D

Not in my book .

When I ran a golf mag in the UK I approached him to be our special guest at a charity event I was organising, despite writing to tell me he was coming he never showed up. No excuses, it was the close season.

People had pledged a lot of money to play a round of gold with 'arry, all that money WOULD have gone to CLIC. :)

He did not even bother to let me know he could not make it and he knew about the charity thing

Obviously he had more important things to do,such as taking sandra shopping, going to the horses, counting his money.........

Not in my book .

Obviously he had more important things to do,such as taking sandra shopping, going to the horses, counting his money.........

Alfredo's bang on.... :D

Furious Tottenham Hotspurs fans are forming-up to march on the DW Stadium in Wigan to deliver their demands for a replay in light of the shocking handball which gifted Austrian midfielder Paul Scharner a goal in the hard-fought 9-1 win on Sunday.

Scharner’s blatant handball in the lead-up to his goal for Wigan against Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday was even more obvious than Thierry Henry's “Hand of Gaul” against Ireland.

The goal came at a crucial point in the match, with Spurs defending a narrow 3-0 lead at home. Wigan’s subsequent performance clearly showed that Scharner’s strike had given them the confidence and self- belief to keep the Spurs score in single figures.

With the English Premier League at its most open in years, Spurs are said to be gutted that the record now shows they did not keep a clean sheet.

In the aftermatch of the Ireland scandal, Niall Quinn said the decision in France was the biggest injustice in the history of sport. The timing of Scharner’s offence will surely mean it is seen as the worst event in the history of everything.

Scharner is expected to admit his guilt as soon as the governing body has confirmed there is absolutely no chance of the match being replayed.

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp is expected to call again for video evidence to be used. After the Ireland match he said: “We've put a man on the moon and we can't see if the ball has hit a hand.” He may now be preparing to lobby the Premier League to appoint NASA scientists to work on a solution.

The London club may need to offer Robbie Keane counselling after the Republic of Ireland international was forced to witness his second injustice at the hands of officialdom in the space of five days. The striker was named on the bench for his club’s game at the weekend after the controversy and disappointment of the match in Paris and saw a repeat of Wednesday’s horrific decision.

The controversial goal has had implications far beyond the clubs involved. Roy Keane is said to be physically flagellating himself into a frenzy ahead of a press conference where he will criticise Spurs overall performance, tell them to “get over it” and offer a square-go to London.

Gordon Brown is also expected to weigh into the debate, calling for the rules to be changed immediately. Once the rules have been amended, the Prime Minister will then allow them to be applied retroactively, leading to a planned replay of every football match ever played.

Unofficial referee’s watchdog Sir Alex Ferguson ignored the incident but commented that Spur’s final and decisive goal coming in the fourth minute of added time showed that they were already showing all the hallmarks of a ‘Big Four’ club.

Furious Tottenham Hotspurs fans are forming-up to march on the DW Stadium in Wigan to deliver their demands for a replay in light of the shocking handball which gifted Austrian midfielder Paul Scharner a goal in the hard-fought 9-1 win on Sunday.

Scharner's blatant handball in the lead-up to his goal for Wigan against Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday was even more obvious than Thierry Henry's "Hand of Gaul" against Ireland.

The goal came at a crucial point in the match, with Spurs defending a narrow 3-0 lead at home. Wigan's subsequent performance clearly showed that Scharner's strike had given them the confidence and self- belief to keep the Spurs score in single figures.

With the English Premier League at its most open in years, Spurs are said to be gutted that the record now shows they did not keep a clean sheet.

In the aftermatch of the Ireland scandal, Niall Quinn said the decision in France was the biggest injustice in the history of sport. The timing of Scharner's offence will surely mean it is seen as the worst event in the history of everything.

Scharner is expected to admit his guilt as soon as the governing body has confirmed there is absolutely no chance of the match being replayed.

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp is expected to call again for video evidence to be used. After the Ireland match he said: "We've put a man on the moon and we can't see if the ball has hit a hand." He may now be preparing to lobby the Premier League to appoint NASA scientists to work on a solution.

The London club may need to offer Robbie Keane counselling after the Republic of Ireland international was forced to witness his second injustice at the hands of officialdom in the space of five days. The striker was named on the bench for his club's game at the weekend after the controversy and disappointment of the match in Paris and saw a repeat of Wednesday's horrific decision.

The controversial goal has had implications far beyond the clubs involved. Roy Keane is said to be physically flagellating himself into a frenzy ahead of a press conference where he will criticise Spurs overall performance, tell them to "get over it" and offer a square-go to London.

Gordon Brown is also expected to weigh into the debate, calling for the rules to be changed immediately. Once the rules have been amended, the Prime Minister will then allow them to be applied retroactively, leading to a planned replay of every football match ever played.

Unofficial referee's watchdog Sir Alex Ferguson ignored the incident but commented that Spur's final and decisive goal coming in the fourth minute of added time showed that they were already showing all the hallmarks of a 'Big Four' club.

If it wasn't for that last Paragraoh, i would have believed every word of that... :)

As a matter of interest,what was the reason behind Scharner's hair style?Was it because Wigan were playing Spurs or was it for a bet?He's supposed to be an intelligent man but all it did was to make him the centre of attention and highlight what a below average player he is.Perhaps he will sport red and white when they face Sunderland next Saturday!

As a matter of interest,what was the reason behind Scharner's hair style?Was it because Wigan were playing Spurs or was it for a bet?He's supposed to be an intelligent man but all it did was to make him the centre of attention and highlight what a below average player he is.Perhaps he will sport red and white when they face Sunderland next Saturday!

He was trying to do a Petr Cech thing and distract his opponents with that awful paint job. Sadly though it only appeared to catch out his own keeper.

He was trying to do a Petr Cech thing and distract his opponents with that awful paint job. Sadly though it only appeared to catch out his own keeper.

Certainly distracted the referee from his hand job :)

While we might have not have won on paper it was certainly a moral victory IMHO.

Against a side generally relying on the long ball and set pieces we certainly out played them in football terms and i thought our ball retention in the second half was superb.

Comparing the 2 teams we certainly look like the favourites to break into the top 6.

Edited by alfieconn

While we might have not have won on paper it was certainly a moral victory IMHO.

Against a side generally relying on the long ball and set pieces we certainly out played them in football terms and i thought our ball retention in the second half was superb.

Comparing the 2 teams we certainly look like the favourites to break into the top 6.

I thought you played Villa off the park & should have won the Game to be honest...

All jokes aside, at the moment, in my opinion, you lot are one of the best 4, let alone 6, Footballing sides out there..

& i think you're completely aware of that too Mr Conn... :)

We certainly played lovely attacking football yesterday and In the second half did nothing but batter their goal. Got to hand it to villa thought they put a tremendous defensive display on. I'm not a great fan of Dunne, but its these sort of games that you see his worth.

Edited by rijit

I thought you played Villa off the park & should have won the Game to be honest...

All jokes aside, at the moment, in my opinion, you lot are one of the best 4, let alone 6, Footballing sides out there..

& i think you're completely aware of that too Mr Conn... :D

Thats very complimentary of you Mr Singh :) and i would like to return the compliment by suggesting that you will certainly finish in the top seventeen of the league :D .

& i think you're completely aware of that too Mr Conn... :D

Thats very complimentary of you Mr Singh :) and i would like to return the compliment by suggesting that you will certainly finish in the top seventeen of the league :D .

:D with the way our defence is, i'll take that all day long.. :D

According to the bbc Dos santos is fit and in the running for a game against utd tonight

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/l...cup/8386148.stm

think that we've missed a left handed attacking option since modric got injured

good game to give the reserves 90 mins , pavlech, bale, hutton ect ect should be an interesting line up .

Interesting Reserves yeah, especially when you consider........

1 ) Pavlyuchenko = 14m

2 ) Bale = Up to 10m

3 ) Hutton = 9m

Total = 33m OF THE FINEST GREAT BRITISH POUNDS

Not bad if you've got it i suppose & still, that's Peanuts for a " Big Club " i would have thought, especially one as successful as the Spuds... :)

Edit : Silly me, i forgot the Mexican Messi who cost you 8.6m, taking the total of these Reserves up to a mindblowing 41.6m OF THE FINEST GREAT BRITISH POUNDS, that same Mexican Messi who looked more comfortable at Portman Road than White Hart Lane last Season but there we go..

Edited by MSingh

• 2 weeks later...

What can you say, Tonight will probably confirm we're going through a 'sticky patch'. Dont like playing against hughes teams at the best of times although they win, have tendency to be rather direct and , shall we say be over physical. Tonight Ive no doubt we will collect a few cards and injuries and may well ship a few goals in, with out woodgate and or ledley weve looked a little vulnerable at the back.

Missed the Everton and Wolves games due to sitting on a river bank in India without any internet connection or phone and disappointed to see the results.

Spurs have always been a buying club and can't see why January should be any different so what's the projections for the shopping list? For me a right full back / central defender / striker would do nicely with Corluka (no apologies never rated the bloke but expect Hutton to hit the door first) / Bentley and Pav heading out to make way.

Your opinion?

Cheers mr bo,very nice of you to say so didnt see the game but reprts make you about right.

and mah seer, you sound about right on the transfer front, I reckon,barring the corluka front, IMO he suits us, in that we don't want anything but a defending full back they would and have cramped lennons style. come on you spurs.