Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Selling Berbatov for over 30m and Carrick for 18m does'nt make us a "selling" club. That's jus great business and would be stupid to tur. Plus thefact that Carrick is a Man Utd fan and wanted to go and we all know that if a player does'nt want to play for you there's no point in keeping him.

Berbatov is just a moody petulant wa#$ker

wa#$ker :D did you mean wa#ker :D

You know it. :D

Yep a wanke_r with a EPL title to his name. :D

Does'nt make him any less of a wank#r in my book :)

Suggest that the Berb was a special player in a mediocre/decent Spurs team, great business selling him for 30m and doesn't standout or fit with the United style of play, would take him back for $15m though (not such a wan$er IMHO)

Let's make a deal

We give you Berba, Carrick, Nani and Foster / Kucheck and you give us Defoe, Modric, Palacios and Dawson.

Suggest that the Berb was a special player in a mediocre/decent Spurs team, great business selling him for 30m and doesn't standout or fit with the United style of play, would take him back for $15m though (not such a wan$er IMHO)

Let's make a deal

We give you Berba, Carrick, Nani and Foster / Kucheck and you give us Defoe, Modric, Palacios and Dawson.

Nani and Foster / Kucheck!! take the rough with the smooth right? wouldnt swop Berba for Defoe or Moderic for Carrick, how about Keane (he goes well in the North East) for Berba?

How can you say youre not a selling club when you sell all your best players, and they all cant wait to leave, its a complete contradiction, if you sell your best players then there is no doubt in my or anyones mind that Spurs are a selling club.

Lets face it, apart from man city, chelsea, barcelona and real madrid every club in the world is a selling club, even Man u.

I don't think selling 3 big players in 5 years equates to selling all our best players, if this had happened we wouldn't be in the top 6 now.

How do you know "they all can't wait to leave" do you have some inside info that you can share with us :)

another poster coming out with a completely idiotic sentence.

i think you need to use the word all a little bit less you nob.

WOW arent you the touchy one, you should use the word (k)nob a little less when it comes to talking about football for someone who nowadays only watches it on TV you get a bit over emotional, do you get so angry when others mock your favourite Thai soap opera?

You can add Liverpool to that list they havent sold Gerrard when crazy money was offered, and id take a punt that selling Ronaldo was a one off for ManU.

But the fact youve now gone and admitted that every club in the world bar a few are selling clubs has shown you agee with me, yet are still arguing shows insight!

Selling Berbatov for over 30m and Carrick for 18m does'nt make us a "selling" club. That's jus great business and would be stupid to tur. Plus thefact that Carrick is a Man Utd fan and wanted to go and we all know that if a player does'nt want to play for you there's no point in keeping him.

Carricks from Newcastle not Manchester, of course it was great business as neither of them have shown they are world class players despite being sold for world class fees.

But lets be perectly clear and i will write this slowly so you can understand it, if you keep on selling your best players which you have then you are a selling club.

Carricks from Newcastle not Manchester, of course it was great business as neither of them have shown they are world class players despite being sold for world class fees.

But lets be perectly clear and i will write this slowly so you can understand it, if you keep on selling your best players which you have then you are a selling club.

maybe you should read as slowly as you write :)

So what if he's fom Newcastle. If you knew what you were talking about then you would know he's a lifelong Man Utd fan. Hopefully that's slow enough for you

How can you say youre not a selling club when you sell all your best players, and they all cant wait to leave, its a complete contradiction, if you sell your best players then there is no doubt in my or anyones mind that Spurs are a selling club.

Lets face it, apart from man city, chelsea, barcelona and real madrid every club in the world is a selling club, even Man u.

I don't think selling 3 big players in 5 years equates to selling all our best players, if this had happened we wouldn't be in the top 6 now.

How do you know "they all can't wait to leave" do you have some inside info that you can share with us :)

another poster coming out with a completely idiotic sentence.

i think you need to use the word all a little bit less you nob.

WOW arent you the touchy one, you should use the word (k)nob a little less when it comes to talking about football for someone who nowadays only watches it on TV you get a bit over emotional, do you get so angry when others mock your favourite Thai soap opera?

You can add Liverpool to that list they havent sold Gerrard when crazy money was offered, and id take a punt that selling Ronaldo was a one off for ManU.

But the fact youve now gone and admitted that every club in the world bar a few are selling clubs has shown you agee with me, yet are still arguing shows insight!

Me personally have never denied that a Spurs are a selling club :D

Did Liverpool not sell Alonso then ? if so, that makes them a selling club :D

You really need to check your facts before you start spouting :D

So are we agreed that the 4 teams on my list are the only non-selling teams in the world :D a simple yes will suffice :D

Edited by alfieconn

Ok in the last 20 years or so the only real top class players youve had have gone Gascoigne, Waddle, Sol Campbell, Berbatov, Carrick (even Keane who isnt top class but was part of a your best attacking line up for years) ... please will you add the rest im sure there is a few more, the only top player that i can think of that youve kept is Ledley King and that because the mans broken, again tell me of anymore genuine top players that youve managed to keep.

Of course all clubs will sell if the money is right, but Spurs do it on a constant basis, you even accept Midgetboy will go if ManU so much as ask for his services.

Anyway youre all deluded one and a half relatively good seasons for your standards in about 15 years, and you think youre world beaters.

Yes Liverpool and Man U sold players who both wanted to leave this year, but they buy the top players from teams like yours thats the ifference.

OK if will make you lot happy we can call Spurs a feeder club as opposed to a selling club! :)

Edited by whichschool

Ok in the last 20 years or so the only real top class players youve had have gone Gascoigne, Waddle, Sol Campbell, Berbatov, Carrick (even Keane who isnt top class but was part of a your best attacking line up for years) ... please will you add the rest im sure there is a few more, the only top player that i can think of that youve kept is Ledley King and that because the mans broken, again tell me of anymore genuine top players that youve managed to keep.

Of course all clubs will sell if the money is right, but Spurs do it on a constant basis, you even accept Midgetboy will go if ManU so much as ask for his services.

Anyway youre all deluded one and a half relatively good seasons for your standards in about 15 years, and you think youre world beaters.

Me personally have never denied that a Spurs are a selling club :D

I ain't being funny mate but i think you have lost the plot and need to keep off the booze :)

Edited by alfieconn

As someone said earlier all clubs are selling clubs and there are no exceptions

if A/ the player wants to leave

B/ the deal suits both parties

And that includes man utd , who could be called a feeder club for real Madrid. ronny, becks, van the man spring to mind. probably excludes man city as ,they are fresh and flash new money boys and yet to learn the concequences of being so. Ie the minute they show interest in a player the prices jump up by 20 -25 %, as Chelsea found out the hard way.

The other issue for players leaving Spurs is the lure of the Champions league, it not only puts its contestants in a different league financially which teams out side just cant match. but every player wants to play in it. And we just havnt been able to provide it as yet.

^^^

With the exception of Ronny Man U were more then happy to get rid, i wonder if he'd have left if they Americans didnt buy the club on finance though!

Look when i was growing up not too long ago Spurs were viewed as the main London team, but it was the case the other year when you had the chance of becoming a far better team and become a Champions League team when you sold your best forward line, granted the money paid for both has now been shown to be far too much and in hindsight you were right to sell, but all the top clubs know you dont get to the top by selling your best players, and Spurs do seem to time and again lose their best players for whatever reason.

With regards to Alonso at Liverpuddle he's less of a 30 million pound player then Berbatov at least he actually was the main man at Spurs.

So a few players leave and some stay, thats football, when a player wants to leave what can you do?, but ultimately let him. and move on. As hope fully this thread will do.

As for tottenham being the top london club, quite frankly I dont really think it matters , As long as were playing good football and the teams improving, thats good enough for me.

^^^

With the exception of Ronny Man U were more then happy to get rid, i wonder if he'd have left if they Americans didnt buy the club on finance though!

Look when i was growing up not too long ago Spurs were viewed as the main London team, but it was the case the other year when you had the chance of becoming a far better team and become a Champions League team when you sold your best forward line, granted the money paid for both has now been shown to be far too much and in hindsight you were right to sell, but all the top clubs know you dont get to the top by selling your best players, and Spurs do seem to time and again lose their best players for whatever reason.

With regards to Alonso at Liverpuddle he's less of a 30 million pound player then Berbatov at least he actually was the main man at Spurs.

Are you bored, drunk, or just challenged? Oh, and by the way, guesswhere Vidic is off to soon, and while we are about it, will Torres be inScouseland if they finish 5th. Doubtful at best.

Please stay on this forum i'm enjoying reading your pearls of wisdom. If this the first season that you took up an interest in the game? :):D

Oh and before i forget, did'nt Terry Henry do one to Barca and Owen to Real. Ronaldo was off wether SAF liked it or not. And if i remember correctly and that i do, SAF did'nt want Heinze to go either. (incase you don't know he went to Real aswell)

Oh and before i forget, did'nt Terry Henry do one to Barca and Owen to Real. Ronaldo was off wether SAF liked it or not. And if i remember correctly and that i do, SAF did'nt want Heinze to go either. (incase you don't know he went to Real aswell)

Carmine im presuming you must be a bird who should stick to girly things, if youre trying to compare either Liverpools or ManUs selling policy to that of the yids from white hart lane.

Henry had, had his best years and that was the final year theyd get a decent fee, Heinze wanted to go to Liverpool but fergie wouldnt let him go to a rival English club and Owen well hes a money grabbing little midget who wont be going to SA next year, and the other 2 Torres and Vidic well thats just part of your yidish storytelling as theyve not happened have they sweetheart.

Carmine instead of offering you mockney devastating wit, will you just tell me one top player youve managed to keep hold of throughout their prime in the last 20 odd years, as im pretty sure you havent.

Edited by whichschool

Carmine im presuming you must be a bird who should stick to girly things, if youre trying to compare either Liverpools or ManUs selling policy to that of the yids from white hart lane.

Henry had, had his best years and that was the final year theyd get a decent fee, Heinze wanted to go to Liverpool but fergie wouldnt let him go to a rival English club and Owen well hes a money grabbing little midget who wont be going to SA next year, and the other 2 Torres and Vidic well thats just part of your yidish storytelling as theyve not happened have they sweetheart.

Carmine instead of offering you mockney devastating wit, will you just tell me one top player youve managed to keep hold of throughout their prime in the last 20 odd years, as im pretty sure you havent.

My my such bravery in the anonimity of the forum :)

Gorgeous, ANSWER THE FCUKEN QUESTION, just one top player the Yids have kept hold oof in the last 20 odd years, im saying none other then Ledley King and only him because he's broken.

This more then anything proves you are a selling club, as all other top clubs have kept their best players through their prime.

Gorgeous, ANSWER THE FCUKEN QUESTION, just one top player the Yids have kept hold oof in the last 20 odd years, im saying none other then Ledley King and only him because he's broken.

This more then anything proves you are a selling club, as all other top clubs have kept their best players through their prime.

Ofcourse you have forgotten that we are one of the biggest spending clubs over the last ten years are when you buy big there are times when you have to sell lest you end up with a squad of over a hundred.

Berbatov for 34m Defoe in for 9m

Carrick for 18.6m Palacios in for 10m

If that makes us a selling club then long may it continue :)

Ok we have established that Tottenham are a selling club, we have also established liverpool and man u are selling clubs which you have tried unsatisfactory to disprove, you can put forward as many theories and try to change the focus of the argument as much as you like but we still come back to the fact that chelsea, man city,barcelona and real madrid are the only non-selling clubs in the world :)

Would you agree with this ?

Edited by alfieconn

Chelsea and City are just bizarre so we'll not include these teams, without a rich benefactor Chelsea would have been the next Leeds and would have had to sell everyone, the only reason they bought under Bates was due to him spending money they could never pay back.

I cant agree that Man U are a selling club or Liverpool for that matter, as theyve kept players needed to continue winning trophies that is the difference and theyve kept the best players with the exception of Ronaldo in ManUs case, and Owen in Liverpools (had to leave because he was waiting on a Bosman) whilst they were in their prime. If Spurs had sold these players but ha carried on winning things you could call it good business as opposed to being a selling club!

30 million for Alonso is twice his value, Heinze was sold as he wasnt the same after injury and went where fergie wanted he was 2nd choice Left back, Becks was not wanted and sold due to his superstardom, Van Nistleroy had his best years at Man U and that was the last season theyd have got such a large fee for him

Though with the debt they have and the money needed for the new stadium this may change in Liverpools case should they not get into the top 4, and they will see that selling your best players and not winning battling at the top of the game are directly linked hence Tottenhams lack of success.

Chelsea and City are just bizarre so we'll not include these teams, without a rich benefactor Chelsea would have been the next Leeds and would have had to sell everyone, the only reason they bought under Bates was due to him spending money they could never pay back.

I cant agree that Man U are a selling club or Liverpool for that matter, as theyve kept players needed to continue winning trophies that is the difference and theyve kept the best players with the exception of Ronaldo in ManUs case, and Owen in Liverpools (had to leave because he was waiting on a Bosman) whilst they were in their prime. If Spurs had sold these players but ha carried on winning things you could call it good business as opposed to being a selling club!

30 million for Alonso is twice his value, Heinze was sold as he wasnt the same after injury and went where fergie wanted he was 2nd choice Left back, Becks was not wanted and sold due to his superstardom, Van Nistleroy had his best years at Man U and that was the last season theyd have got such a large fee for him

Though with the debt they have and the money needed for the new stadium this may change in Liverpools case should they not get into the top 4, and they will see that selling your best players and not winning battling at the top of the game are directly linked hence Tottenhams lack of success.

The had to sell Alonso. Selling club. They had to sell Ronaldo because he wanted to join Real. Real never buy past it platers (Van Nis)...another stupid comment. Sol Campbell wen on a Bosman. and Heinze was also a shit hot player that SAF did ot want to sell

The had to sell Alonso. Selling club. They had to sell Ronaldo because he wanted to join Real. Real never buy past it platers (Van Nis)...another stupid comment. Sol Campbell wen on a Bosman. and Heinze was also a shit hot player that SAF did ot want to sell

Lets leave him to it Carmine, he is obviously happy living in his own little dreamworld.

So what about the team for tomorrow, 5 or 6 squad players coming in perhaps :) can't really see pav ever playing again but with Harry you never know.

But you are 100% wrong on Heinze, Fergie just didnt want him to go to Liverpool and he didnt, he was 2nd choice at the time tp Evra this is a FACT. He was going to launch an appeal to FIFA as he wasnt allowed to go to Liverpool, you are wrong on this just as i have now shown you are wrong that Yids arent a selling club, the fact you even try and compare your Tinpot outfir to Liverpool or Man U shows your deluded when it comes to your club.

With regards to Van Nistleroy i said he had his best years, he was 30 at the time and it was the last year theyd have got a large fee for him if Man U had sold him at 25 as you Yids would have id agree theyre a selling club, again why try changing what is clearly written.

And i know Sol went on a Bosman to your rivals and it made you look like the small club from a filthy part of London that you now are.

But you are 100% wrong on Heinze, Fergie just didnt want him to go to Liverpool and he didnt, he was 2nd choice at the time tp Evra this is a FACT. He was going to launch an appeal to FIFA as he wasnt allowed to go to Liverpool, you are wrong on this just as i have now shown you are wrong that Yids arent a selling club, the fact you even try and compare your Tinpot outfir to Liverpool or Man U shows your deluded when it comes to your club.

With regards to Van Nistleroy i said he had his best years, he was 30 at the time and it was the last year theyd have got a large fee for him if Man U had sold him at 25 as you Yids would have id agree theyre a selling club, again why try changing what is clearly written.

And i know Sol went on a Bosman to your rivals and it made you look like the small club from a filthy part of London that you now are.

I didn't say a word, leave me out of this... :)

well now girls school has so eloquently established spurs are 100 % a selling club, perhaps we can move on.

Spurs next up v peterborough, wonder if ari will give a few players a run that havnt featured recently, pav, bentley, button, could do with a run out

and hopefully a nice easy run in for gareth bale, would like to see the boy get it together, hes certainly got enough in hs locker to be a top player, just needs to brush up on his defensive duties,, not so diferent in a way to glen johnson a couple of seasons ago. and, imo bale could be special. assio crokers ok, but watching him hes got his limitations.

^^^

Ok teacher, we'll make up!

Bales a metrosexual who worries about his hair during the game too much, would have thought the idea of being able to jump in the team bath with all those sweaty athletic men(esp Jenas) after the game would be enough to get him playing well, good luck to the boy though. :)