Tottenham Thread

chonabot

As I might have sed B4; empty vessels make the most noise.

Why so many posts about a <deleted> team with less support than good ones whose fan have better things to do?

Some play the game, some talk about it.

Hammered, Gunned. U might even lose to Chelsea next time..

Edited by Soi Sauce

Well whats more to say!

This was always going to be a tough game to get anything from and before the match we'd have happily taken the point. Alas the quick pass and move possession football of Sam Alladyce proved too much.

Well whats more to say!

This was always going to be a tough game to get anything from and before the match we'd have happily taken the point. Alas the quick pass and move possession football of Sam Alladyce proved too much.

Humble Pie

"before the match you would of happily taken a point?? laugh.png or is that after the match?

Reality check boys,but your problem is scoring as i informed you a few games ago.

Shhhhhhhhhhh laugh.png

Don't worry Mr Ed, we won't go hiding for three days like your goodselfbiggrin.png

Ok I think the result took everyone by surprise BUT did anyone get it RIGHT on the Prediction League ??? Maybe Mr Bo will tell us.

What was your prediction Smokes ???

BT

"It is my job to sit and think: ‘What can I do for the players to give them a lift?’ Having explained it to them and showed what Tottenham do, I told them, ‘You have licence to play counter-attack football and, if you do that well, you will expose the spaces Tottenham leave, because the more defensively sound we are the more frustrated the opposition will get’.”

Sam Allardyce

It appears a bad day at the office sad.png nice to see the Scammers on here, it appears they only post when they win so i suppose thats why we havn't seen much of them this season laugh.png anyway make of the most of it lads as it will be back to the relegation battle in 2 weeks time, oh sorry i forgot you've beaten us so your a good team now laugh.png

In all fairness I think the worrying thing for Spurs, is that West Ham had the ball in the oppositions half less than any other team over the weekend. To get beat 0-3 at home by a team playing 1-4-6 and hoping to break, raises some interesting tactical questions.

Did I see another 'almost' shorts pulling down? biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos

In all fairness I think the worrying thing for Spurs, is that West Ham had the ball in the oppositions half less than any other team over the weekend. To get beat 0-3 at home by a team playing 1-4-6 and hoping to break, raises some interesting tactical questions.

They were playing 4-6-0 and to be fair after about 20 minutes we looked like we were getting to grips with it. However the second half was utterly dreadful but theres no reason to go over the top about 45 minutes football. Hardly makes a bad season but has raised a few questions that need answering.

I think our young coach had a torrid day in particular but will probably learn from it

Tottenham let me down on a quad with decent odds and my bet for Defoe to score, however I am not bothered in the slightest. biggrin.png

If you had money on Defoe to score you deserved to lose it!! That btw was a typical Defoe performance. Fluffed whatever chance he had, offered nothing else to the team either in tracking back or assisting.

Useless dwarf

They were playing 4-6-0 and to be fair after about 20 minutes we looked like we were getting to grips with it. However the second half was utterly dreadful but theres no reason to go over the top about 45 minutes football. Hardly makes a bad season but has raised a few questions that need answering.

I think our young coach had a torrid day in particular but will probably learn from it

OK I included the goalkeeper 1-4-6,,,,,the 0 up front was obvious.

It isn't a disaster, but 6 goals in 7 games isn't exactly setting the league on fire either.

It isn't a disaster, but 6 goals in 7 games isn't exactly setting the league on fire either.

Considering all the new players its a damn good start actually.

• Like 1

Considering all the new players its a dam_n good start actually.

Yep and will get better when Spurs start scoring from open play, no doubt.

• Like 2

It appears a bad day at the office sad.png nice to see the Scammers on here, it appears they only post when they win so i suppose thats why we havn't seen much of them this season laugh.png anyway make of the most of it lads as it will be back to the relegation battle in 2 weeks time, oh sorry i forgot you've beaten us so your a good team now laugh.png

Good enough to beat you and your assorted group of over paid journeymencheesy.gif Hold your hand up and admit our manager outwitted AVB despite the huge gulf in financial resources

• Like 1

With 7 new players it can only be one thing "a transitional season" biggrin.png

Totally agree with you Alfie and that's what it should be but football fans are very fickle and don't give that much time before putting pressure on the manager and team in whatever way they wish.

I think it was just an off day, a bad day in the office all the teams above you have had one so far, they happen and think you will get a result in two weeks.

At post #14752

We have scored 21 goals so far this season of which two were penalties. That would be 19 goals in open play in 12 competitive matches

You know, i'm quite happy to discuss anything Spurs related, despite the result, as long as the posts are atleast reasonably sensible. smile.png

So no top 4 then again,it will be AVB's third transitional season cheesy.gif

Shame Soldildo didn't play you might of got minus.whistling.gif

You're wicked Red. That one got a moderate belly laugh out of me.wai2.gif

Yes when i said i was willing to discuss anything reasonably sensible i should have reminded you all i generally give Mr Ed a pass.biggrin.png