Tottenham Thread

chonabot

At post #14752

We have scored 21 goals so far this season of which two were penalties. That would be 19 goals in open play in 12 competitive matches

You know, i'm quite happy to discuss anything Spurs related, despite the result, as long as the posts are atleast reasonably sensible. smile.png

Reasonably sensible!! <deleted>!

You really are a fickle bunch aren't you......clouding your goal scoring record with the early rounds of the Europa(losers cup)cup is <deleted> embarrassing and frankly i expect more honesty from you Carmine.

How many goals have you scored in the Premier League? SIX GOALS.

I think 2 also were penalties and to make matters worse your defence just let in 3 without reply at home.

That is sensible.

• Like 2

Tottenham are reportedly lining up a bid for Leyton Orient winger Moses Odubajo during the January transfer window having seen his potential at the unbeaten League One leaders.

Seems like you need him more than ever. Happy to help you out, but cough up a fair price eh? biggrin.png

He must be good, Baldini only goes after the best. wink.png

Edited by uptheos

Tottenham let me down on a quad with decent odds and my bet for Defoe to score, however I am not bothered in the slightest. biggrin.png

If you had money on Defoe to score you deserved to lose it!! That btw was a typical Defoe performance. Fluffed whatever chance he had, offered nothing else to the team either in tracking back or assisting.

Useless dwarf

Reckon I am too. I honestly thought he'd score a hat trick.

It appears a bad day at the office sad.png nice to see the Scammers on here, it appears they only post when they win so i suppose thats why we havn't seen much of them this season laugh.png anyway make of the most of it lads as it will be back to the relegation battle in 2 weeks time, oh sorry i forgot you've beaten us so your a good team now laugh.png

Good enough to beat you and your assorted group of over paid journeymencheesy.gif Hold your hand up and admit our manager outwitted AVB despite the huge gulf in financial resources

If outwitting is parking the bus and running around like a load loons then he did laugh.png

Ravel Morrison played well didn't he......another one of the United youngsters that came through the ranks wai2.gif

Allowing Ravel Morrison to leave Manchester United, Sir Alex Ferguson told Sam Allardyce, the West Ham United manager: “I hope you can sort him out, because if you can he’ll be a genius.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/10359659/Ravel-Morrison-finally-showing-his-genius-after-moving-from-Manchester-United-to-West-Ham-United.html

‘It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.’

Considering all the new players its a dam_n good start actually.

arsenal lost to villa, united lost three, liverpool lost to southampton, city lost games they'd expect to do better in. lots of teams can beat lots of other teams this season. weird results and blips are going to happen.

• Like 1

arsenal lost to villa, united lost three, liverpool lost to southampton, city lost games they'd expect to do better in. lots of teams can beat lots of other teams this season. weird results and blips are going to happen.

Its more than a blip to lose to singhers pub team, believe me. Another weird one was United winning away to Sunderland. And from the way he celebrated the win Moysey thought so too!!

• Like 1

CL and Euro competition again playing havoc as well with some squads.

Just a thought, but if Spurs get serious about scoring a few more goals they may need to begin working in Lamela. He might struggle at times but he is a goal scorer. It'll be interesting to see how AVB works it out. IMO Lamela is really more of a playmaker than a forward, but as a playmaker I'm not sure he is suited as yet to the EPL. A bit of a issue...maybe.

'Parking the bus'. Are those old cliches are coming thick and fast. What do you expect us to do? Let the ball into our own net?cheesy.gif In fact that was probably the only way you would have scored today. How much money did you spend on those players? 105 million big ones??laugh.png Eat your humble pie and admit you've been turned over by team who fought, played and showed up like a TEAM unlike the bunch of lillywhite ballerinas that are playing for you at the moment.laugh.png

• Like 1

I didn't see what happened at the other end, but I'm assuming chances still remain somewhat thin on the ground?

That's got to be Another Vacancy Beckons' biggest worry.

Although in fairness the Telegraph did describe Fat Sam's "4-6-0" formation.

whistling.gif

shouldn't be. not like they're not used to it. or haven't spent the money to cope.

I didn't see what happened at the other end, but I'm assuming chances still remain somewhat thin on the ground?

That's got to be Another Vacancy Beckons' biggest worry.

Although in fairness the Telegraph did describe Fat Sam's "4-6-0" formation.

whistling.gif

works for spain. perhaps ravel morrison is the new cesc fabregas?

'Parking the bus'. Are those old cliches are coming thick and fast. What do you expect us to do? Let the ball into our own net?cheesy.gif In fact that was probably the only way you would have scored today. How much money did you spend on those players? 105 million big ones??laugh.png Eat your humble pie and admit you've been turned over by team who fought, played and showed up like a TEAM unlike the bunch of lillywhite ballerinas that are playing for you at the moment.laugh.png

Yes well done for winning, you thoroughly deserved it. First time you've won at ours this century!!

Aside of that, you have a team that is an offense to the beautiful game managed by a gum chewing tub of lard and i hope you get relegated to the championship where you belongbiggrin.png

Well, a blip maybe.

But if Chelsea lost 3 nil at home ....

Lot of work to be done at Spurs. Buying another player from Orient sounds like desperation.

Anybody expecting anything other than a big win for City in their next game at West Ham?

Pellegrini won't allow a blip.

Moyes. Blips happen.

Soldado is yet to cut the mustard and Lamela is just a promise.

At the moment.

Men will be sorted from the boys in due course.

Top 4 teams at the end of the season will have the top 4 managers.

Its more than a blip to lose to singhers pub team, believe me. Another weird one was United winning away to Sunderland. And from the way he celebrated the win Moysey thought so too!!

+ 1

SP

Yes well done for winning, you thoroughly deserved it. First time you've won at ours this century!!

Aside of that, you have a team that is an offense to the beautiful game managed by a gum chewing tub of lard and i hope you get relegated to the championship where you belongbiggrin.png

Stoke first please.

If you're talking about the beautiful game, then have a look at the Morrison goal again though you probably weren't. watching by that stage of the match.cheesy.gif As for the 'gum chewing tub of lard' that maybe but he showed a bit of organizational nous and he did AVB like a kipper on the day. Especially with 4 or 5 first team players missing. So take your hat off and hail to Sam Alladichio, master tacticianlaugh.png

• Like 1

Well, a blip maybe.

But if Chelsea lost 3 nil at home ....

Lot of work to be done at Spurs. Buying another player from Orient sounds like desperation.

Anybody expecting anything other than a big win for City in their next game at West Ham?

Pellegrini won't allow a blip.

Moyes. Blips happen.

Soldado is yet to cut the mustard and Lamela is just a promise.

At the moment.

Men will be sorted from the boys in due course.

Top 4 teams at the end of the season will have the top 4 managers.

No way SP, Baldini only goes after players with great potential, even the Spurs fans will tell you that. biggrin.png

• Like 2

Yep. keddy makes some good points.

Ups. Heard you the first time matey. True.

Smokie. If you don't, you are going to look very stupid.

Park the Bus? You score 9, we score 10.

Ask the winning manager of The World Cup.

Stoke on a Saturday afternoon in December is dismal.

SP

Chelsea Mourhino.

Edited by SinglePot

"IT"S A DEFLECTION!" Top of the net

shouldn't be. not like they're not used to it. or haven't spent the money to cope.

Especially with all this "squad depth talk". To be honest I tink there is a good choice of squad in the spurs team.