Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I didn't see what happened at the other end, but I'm assuming chances still remain somewhat thin on the ground?

That's got to be Another Vacancy Beckons' biggest worry.

Although in fairness the Telegraph did describe Fat Sam's "4-6-0" formation.

whistling.gif

works for spain. perhaps ravel morrison is the new cesc fabregas?

Does that mean the rags will be after him biggrin.png and not getting him obviously whistling.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Well, a blip maybe.

But if Chelsea lost 3 nil at home ....

Lot of work to be done at Spurs. Buying another player from Orient sounds like desperation.

Anybody expecting anything other than a big win for City in their next game at West Ham?

Pellegrini won't allow a blip.

Moyes. Blips happen.

Soldado is yet to cut the mustard and Lamela is just a promise.

At the moment.

Men will be sorted from the boys in due course.

Top 4 teams at the end of the season will have the top 4 managers.

No way SP, Baldini only goes after players with great potential, even the Spurs fans will tell you that. biggrin.png

The SP is that Spurs are thinking a million, but the O's want 3 million + loan back for a year.

Can't you lot bloody well look somewhere else? We let you use our ground for your reserve matches and you worm your way in to spy on our best in return. biggrin.png

• Like 1

I didn't see what happened at the other end, but I'm assuming chances still remain somewhat thin on the ground?

whistling.gif

Does that mean the rags will be after him biggrin.png and not getting him obviously whistling.gif

We had him Alfie,one swallow does not make a(goodbj) spring.

He is anaddictive personality that will fall by the wayside but i hope he proves me wrong.

Plus he is not Spanish!

Spurs are thinking a million. Jeez. The Levy tight ass saga continues.

You go looking all over Europe for the top goods and in the end the solution is in your local corner shop in the East End.

Has Perez agreed to put Bale back on a RyanAir flight yet?

whistling.gif

We had him Alfie,one swallow does not make a(goodbj) spring.

He is anaddictive personality that will fall by the wayside but i hope he proves me wrong.

Plus he is not Spanish!

...nor is fellatio.

Maybe big Sam will sort out the boy who can dribble and score.

Let's hope so, as Mr Red says.

Not sure Levy would ever want him though with a name like Morrisons.

Considering all the new players its a dam_n good start actually.

arsenal lost to villa, united lost three, liverpool lost to southampton, city lost games they'd expect to do better in. lots of teams can beat lots of other teams this season. weird results and blips are going to happen.

CL and Euro competition again playing havoc as well with some squads.

I must confess, that a Thursday trip to Russia, with a 3 hour time difference and severe weather, made me feel that Sunday's game was a Europa League hangover, even though AVB made several changes, many first teamers were on the bench... we will see over the next few weeks.

Excuses, excuses......

You got served - well and truly

But in fairness I think it was a good kick up the backside - Spurs (and mostly their fans) were starting to believe their own hype

As for West Ham - we have massive problems - and Andy Carroll coming back is not the solution but at least Sam showed he has some technical nous (for a change)

• Like 1

Excuses, excuses......

But in fairness I think it was a good kick up the backside - Spurs (and mostly their fans) were starting to believe their own hype

As for West Ham - we have massive problems - and Andy Carroll coming back is not the solution but at least Sam showed he has some technical nous (for a change)

I wasn't aware West Ham needed a striker anymore with sam's new found 4-6-0 wonder system!

Excuses, excuses......

I wasn't aware West Ham needed a striker anymore with sam's new found 4-6-0 wonder system!

Could be the new Stoke thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

Excuses, excuses......

To reporters after a 3-0 defeat - 'They're nothing but rubbish. Three breakaways, that's all they got.'

Shankly.

Excuses, excuses......

To reporters after a 3-0 defeat - 'They're nothing but rubbish. Three breakaways, that's all they got.'

Shankly.

Look at the end of the day, West Ham had five shots on goal and scored three times and won. Thats it. We failed to break them down, the manager failed tactically when he should have deployed a 4-4-2 probably at half time but left it too late.

However, if this sets a precedent of how teams will set up against the top sides when playing away then i fear for the game as far as entertainment value is concerned.

Villas-Boas on the other hand has to learn how to break down teams and that generally means a plan B and a plan C

• Like 1

Excuses, excuses......

Shankly.

Look at the end of the day, West Ham had five shots on goal and scored three times and won. Thats it. We failed to break them down, the manager failed tactically when he should have deployed a 4-4-2 probably at half time but left it too late.

However, if this sets a precedent of how teams will set up against the top sides when playing away then i fear for the game as far as entertainment value is concerned.

Villas-Boas on the other hand has to learn how to break down teams and that generally means a plan B and a plan C

Agree carmine with all points.

Excuses, excuses......

Shankly.

Just posted this on a Spurs website carms :

I think part of the problem on sunday was that there was no Rose and an under par Walker ( probaly due to illness ) thus we were only attacking down the right and off balance if you like.

When playing inverted wingers the full backs have to be attacking on the outside to give you an extra dimension and also be available so that switching play is possible which gives you more room in the middle.

If you don't have 2 attacking full backs then the tactics have to change !

I think in general a lot of players had an off day on sunday (passes going a stray etc ) which obviously didn't help.

One of the problems that AVB has is that he doesn't seem to want to drop either Dembele or Paulinho which has to happen if he wants to play a proper 4 3 3 !

Footnote : people on various Spurs websites are saying what our best team is and to be fair i don't think it matters what team we put out within reason as there not a lot betwen all of them, but with the quality of our bench i wish AVB would make changes a lot quicker if someone is having an off day or if the tactics are not right !

• Like 1

Agree with all that Alfie. This injury to Rose has certainly upset the balance to the side so hopefully he will be fit after the international break, but as you say AVB must make the changes to compensate.

I said a 4-4-2 and not 4-3-3 because as i am aware, of all our strikers and attacking mids only Eriksen is used to a 4-3-3 set up.

Apart from the disaster of last weekend its been a great start considering everyones still getting to know each other and lets not forget we have a very young manager, still learning the game who was clearly out foxed by the genius of Fat Sams setup. A set up that involved sticking everyone behind the ball and hope for a break because he had no idea what else to do!

Excuses, excuses......

Shankly.

Carmine, its hardly a precedent is it? Teams have been playing like that against top sides for eons. It's a fact of the game and is something any team that has title aspirations has to deal with. It's nothing new and certainly not irregular, and lets not forget, the term 'parking the bus' came about because of Spurs.

• Like 1

Tell me Mjj, when was the last time you saw a team play 90 mins with both their strikers on the bench?

Scotland....with less success I will add.

Fat Sam plays a brutal style of football most of the time but as said above we must have players willing to pick the lock in these games.

Concentration must be better and the slack passing eradicated.

Let's hope everyone has had a kick up the backside over this one!

• Like 1

Tell me Mjj, when was the last time you saw a team play 90 mins with both their strikers on the bench?

Fat Sam plays a brutal style of football most of the time but as said above we must have players willing to pick the lock in these games.

Just making the point that MJJ is wrong. The 4-6-0 is a masterpiece courtesy of that slob Alladyce, and just for the record when Mourinho claimed we parked the bus we were playing with a striker and i'll add, compared the the tactics he used when Real played Barcelona which was to hack them off the pitch, we parked the bus with considerable grace. Grace mind you is another thing Mourinho would know little about.

• Like 1

Grace mind you is another thing Mourinho would know little about.

You said a mouthful there.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Just making the point that MJJ is wrong. The 4-6-0 is a masterpiece courtesy of that slob Alladyce, and just for the record when Mourinho claimed we parked the bus we were playing with a striker and i'll add, compared the the tactics he used when Real played Barcelona which was to hack them off the pitch, we parked the bus with considerable grace. Grace mind you is another thing Mourinho would know little about.

Behave Carmine, jeez...... It's irrelevant what 'tag' you give a player be it striker, attacking mid or whatever. If they are camped in there own half they are not acting like a striker. This 4-6-0 masterpiece is also the formation that Champions Spain used!!!

You really are losing the plot. We are debating the way teams play and you can't resist a dig at Mourinho. Give it a rest <deleted>!

• Like 1

Behave Carmine, jeez...... It's irrelevant what 'tag' you give a player be it striker, attacking mid or whatever. If they are camped in there own half they are not acting like a striker. This 4-6-0 masterpiece is also the formation that Champions Spain used!!!

You really are losing the plot. We are debating the way teams play and you can't resist a dig at Mourinho. Give it a rest <deleted>!

You're not debating. You are trying to inflict your opinion on me and seem to refuse to accept that you might just be wrong. Forget the "tag" thing, a striker is a striker and a midfielder is a midfielder and doubtless they still will be long after you and i have moved on.

You accuse me of losing the plot because i have the temerity to disagree with your interpretations, and then go on to compare the West Ham set up on saturday with Spain. Interesting to hear what Del Bosque might have to say about that.

No Carmine. I disagreed that it was a precedent and said it is a problem that ALL top teams have to face. You seem to think it is only your beloved Spurs that have had this problem and blame Big Sam for playing anti football with a 3-0 win. <deleted>?????

No Carmine. I disagreed that it was a precedent and said it is a problem that ALL top teams have to face. You seem to think it is only your beloved Spurs that have had this problem and blame Big Sam for playing anti football with a 3-0 win. <deleted>?????

When did i say that? I simply said it was a new formation! Honestly mate, stop putting words in to justify your opinion!!

When did i say that? I simply said it was a new formation! Honestly mate, stop putting words in to justify your opinion!!

Post 14802 second paragraph.

Post 14802 second paragraph.

Look i've just said a formation that doesn't even have a striker is a precedent. You don't want to answer me about a team in the league that has done likewise.

I'm bored with the petty one up man ship or whatever it is. Think what you think if it means so much, i really don't give a toss.

Man Utd v Chelsea 2013/14.Chelsea had no striker.

No Chelsea didn't. Torees came on in the 76th minute.

So please name me a team that has played 90 minutes in the premier league without a striker

Now, about Mourinho.............

Edited by carmine