Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Man Utd v Chelsea 2013/14.Chelsea had no striker.

No Chelsea didn't. Torees came on in the 76th minute.

So please name me a team that has played 90 minutes in the premier league without a striker

Now, about Mourinho.............

But by the 76th minute, WHU were already 2 up so no need to chase a game they already had won.

• Like 1

Man Utd v Chelsea 2013/14.Chelsea had no striker.

No Chelsea didn't. Torees came on in the 76th minute.

So please name me a team that has played 90 minutes in the premier league without a striker

Now, about Mourinho.............

But by the 76th minute, WHU were already 2 up so no need to chase a game they already had won.

Very true but not really relevant to the question is it. Apparently theres no precedent been set and loads of teams have been playing 90 minutes with no strikers for eons or whatever clap trap Mjj has come out with this timebiggrin.png Oh wait a minute, theres was also the West ham/Spain comparison which was an absolute blinder!

But then ofcourse, I'm losing the plot, and Alfie's a loser....... all because we have the temerity to disagree with his opinions.

ok! I'll answer the question for you then. No team has played 90 mins in Premiership without a forward. No, not even WHU. Ricardo Vaz Te played (and scored) against you guys. His position is a forward aka striker, not a midfield or a defender. Looks like fat Sam has confused you with his undoubted tactical brilliance. Happy now?thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

ok! I'll answer the question for you then. No team has played 90 mins in Premiership without a forward. No, not even WHU. Ricardo Vaz Te played (and scored) against you guys. His position is a forward aka striker, not a midfield or a defender. Looks like fat Sam has confused you with his undoubted tactical brilliance. Happy now?thumbsup.gif

Its about time the football world acknowledges the true genius that is Sam Alladycebiggrin.png

• Like 1

According to wiki Man U played 4-6-0 in the 2007-8 season. And no, I have no idea if that was for the whole 90 minutes..........

TBH with Chelsea or Spurs, I don't see much a decreased attacking threat if they played a 4-6-0 as opposed to 4-5-1. Yes, in theory the latter is more attacking but with both of our lack of profilic strikers and quality in attacking mid, would it really be defensive??

Agreed....one day Woy's genius will be acknowledged as well (not in Liverpool tho'bah.gif )

Are you sure Tottenham didn't meet the 90 mins without a striker last year on a few occasions? Normally when Adebayor playedbiggrin.png

On the performance of Adebayor and Defoe last season theres a strong arguement that we did infact play most of last season without a striker.

• Like 1

Agreed....one day Woy's genius will be acknowledged as well (not in Liverpool tho'bah.gif )

Are you sure Tottenham didn't meet the 90 mins without a striker last year on a few occasions? Normally when Adebayor playedbiggrin.png

On the performance of Adebayor and Defoe last season theres a strong arguement that we did infact play most of last season without a striker.

Yep. The old nutmeg of 'was he interfering with play?'

Townsend played very well for England though.

A question lads, would we have bought Lamela if we'd known how much Townsend had come on ?

I read a report somewhere that Real Madrid are interested in him, so I guess buying Lamela was an OK decision. biggrin.png

Apparently they want to swap him for bale and give us 50m biggrin.png

• Like 2

A question lads, would we have bought Lamela if we'd known how much Townsend had come on ?

I read a report somewhere that Real Madrid are interested in him, so I guess buying Lamela was an OK decision. biggrin.png

Apparently they want to swap him for bale and give us 50m biggrin.png

You'll be able to buy another 6 players to run around in midfield. wink.png

• Like 1

If the Spurs coaching staff didn't have a clue, I don' know why you are bothering to ask a bunch of armchair supporters on TVisa!!

Fair point. But what's the problem?

Spurs have got Lamela and what looks like an increasingly promising Townsend.

A few seasons ago Gareth was a fairly ordinary left back.

Players evolve. Some become great.

• Like 1

If the Spurs coaching staff didn't have a clue, I don' know why you are bothering to ask a bunch of armchair supporters on TVisa!!

Exactly right. Lamela is/has been held back and given time might well prove to be the player we hope him to be. Townsend is a youngster that needed game time and got it at QPR having been, in hindsight sensibly loaned out. Bale is a well documented story and needs no further comment. The interesting thing is that both Townsend and Lamela are genuine two footed players that will give a savvy manager like AVB great options.

Happy days

• Like 1

Read the question muppett ! i wasn't asking if people had any idea how good Townsend would be facepalm.gif

Carmine's point about 2 feet is interesting.

You can't play football with an orange in the back streets of Rio without both.

Happy days.

Takes loads out of a quality backs locker doesn't it, if he can't maneuver a winger onto his weaker foot.

• Like 1

Sort of question i would expect from a chav clap2.gif

Can't really see what Bales got to do with the question facepalm.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Sort of question i would expect from a chav clap2.gif

Can't really see what Bales got to do with the question facepalm.gif

Just saying alf that Townsend is developing in potentially the same way as Bale

...and Lukaku and Sturridge and...

Have a good football weekend.

SP

Read the question muppett ! i wasn't asking if people had any idea how good Townsend would be facepalm.gif

So what's wrong with my answer ...??? Numpty.

Anyone got a clue on tomorrows team, think it might be something like this :

Lloris

Walker Dawson Verts Rose / Naughton

Sandro Paulinho Eriksen

Townsend Soldado Chadli

Or perhaps Dembele with Eriksen pushed into Chadlis position.

Just read Rose is not fit, so that <deleted> up the left side again sad.png

Edited by alfieconn

Anyone got a clue on tomorrows team, think it might be something like this :

Lloris

Walker Dawson Verts Rose / Naughton

Sandro Paulinho Eriksen

Townsend Soldado Chadli

Or perhaps Dembele with Eriksen pushed into Chadlis position.

Just read Rose is not fit, so that fuc_ks up the left side again sad.png

Please not Naughton.....I really think we are going to have to sign proper cover in January for the left back spot.

Other than that your team is probably spot on. I still want to see more of Lamela but we will see won't we?

Just for the hell of it, and because I'm bored, I will hereby hold forth about Lamela. He's having the same problem establishing himself with the Argentina NT as he is with Spurs. In fact, it wouldn't be a shocker if he doesn't make the Argie WC squad. He's essentially an attacking mid and not really a forward and not really a winger. He has wonderful dribbling skills, can distribute well, with a killer through ball, and can score a goal. But he is definitely not very physical, not an exceptional defender, and he is still young and relatively inexperienced.

I think when Spurs bought Lamela they bought a project. I think he'll struggle some with EPL play and whether he'll finally adapt and be worth $30mil is up in the air. He probably is better suited for La Liga or back in Serie A, but time will tell.coffee1.gif

Just for the hell of it, and because I'm bored, I will hereby hold forth about Lamela. He's having the same problem establishing himself with the Argentina NT as he is with Spurs. In fact, it wouldn't be a shocker if he doesn't make the Argie WC squad. He's essentially an attacking mid and not really a forward and not really a winger. He has wonderful dribbling skills, can distribute well, with a killer through ball, and can score a goal. But he is definitely not very physical, not an exceptional defender, and he is still young and relatively inexperienced.

I think when Spurs bought Lamela they bought a project. I think he'll struggle some with EPL play and whether he'll finally adapt and be worth $30mil is up in the air. He probably is better suited for La Liga or back in Serie A, but time will tell.coffee1.gif

I thought he played wide right for Roma jd ? also i hope he will be worth more than 30 dollars as he he cost a lot more than that !