Tottenham Thread

chonabot

RAUL is poised for a shock Premier League move with Tottenham top of the queue.

The Real Madrid ace has snubbed Germans Wolfsburg, insisting he wants to end his career in England.

Raul, 33, who played 39 games and scored seven goals last season, is being hunted by Spurs and Newcastle and is available on a free transfer.

Agent Barry O'Connor holds the mandate from Real to find Raul a club in England.

And he said: "With a player of this pedigree there is always a lot of interest but nothing will happen until Real Madrid give the official go-ahead that he can leave."

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has a track record of signing top senior stars like Teddy Sheringham and squeezing the best out of them.

After Redknapp was beaten by Liverpool to signing Joe Cole, he is keen to add to his squad. But it has been made clear by chairman Daniel Levy he will not break the club's pay structure.

It is understood Raul, who won 102 caps for Spain and fired 44 goals, would prefer a move to London.

But Newcastle want to show they are ambitious on their return to the top flight and Raul, the top Real Madrid scorer of all time with 311 goals in 722 games, is on their radar.

The Sun

Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon are about to sign unsettled striker Roman Pavlyuchenko for a season on loan. (Daily Mail)

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has revealed he could be set to sign Croatia goalkeeper Stipe Pletikosa. (PA)

Harry Redknapp hopes to sign Manchester City forward Craig Bellamy after pulling out of the race to land Joe Cole. (Mirror)

Redknapp will make a move for young Blackburn centre-back Phil Jones. (People)

Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon are about to sign unsettled striker Roman Pavlyuchenko for a season on loan. (Daily Mail)

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has revealed he could be set to sign Croatia goalkeeper Stipe Pletikosa. (PA)

Harry Redknapp hopes to sign Manchester City forward Craig Bellamy after pulling out of the race to land Joe Cole. (Mirror)

Redknapp will make a move for young Blackburn centre-back Phil Jones. (People)

Can't see this Pav loan deal having any basis....if he goes anywhere it will be for cash....why else would we let him go?

According to the sun this morning it seems Raul is being chased by Schalke and we might 'miss out' on his services next year.....I hope his agent is dining out on this one in style the sun reporters must be loving this....:bah:

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of decent luck with the draw today.....Young Boys should be a relatively easy tie for us......bring on the Champions League!! :)

ไwell smokes , you said it,

what with all the new talent levy has sanctioned for twitchy,this summer????

maybe he sees saggy doing abit of bird before you arrive at cl , thus saving 12m$ in payoff to the lechourous carnt'

laying off bets , knowing he was going back to pompey , holding back on the announcement with mandric , until they both lay off a coupla million here and there.

fella is a proper wrong un, and a carnt , btw, if there is ajustice ,saggys on his way to belmarsh

A bit of decent luck with the draw today.....Young Boys should be a relatively easy tie for us......bring on the Champions League!! :)

maybe he sees saggy doing abit of bird before you arrive at cl , thus saving 12m$ in payoff to the lechourous carnt'

laying off bets , knowing he was going back to pompey , holding back on the announcement with mandric , until they both lay off a coupla million here and there.

fella is a proper wrong un, and a carnt , btw, if there is ajustice ,saggys on his way to belmarsh

I've read your post two or three times Imola and still have absolutely no idea what that babble is all about....:D

Now, regards the draw. whilst no team is easy at this stage, we have definately been dealt a good hand. I really did'nt want Dynamo Kiev or Sampdoria.

If we can't beat Bern over two legs then we would be wasting our time in the group stages anyway but i still would'nt call this one easy.

I've read your post two or three times Imola and still have absolutely no idea what that babble is all about....:D

Now, regards the draw. whilst no team is easy at this stage, we have definately been dealt a good hand. I really did'nt want Dynamo Kiev or Sampdoria.

If we can't beat Bern over two legs then we would be wasting our time in the group stages anyway but i still would'nt call this one easy.

As easy as it gets at this stage nowadays.....imola must be on the doubles as usual......what are you talking about? :blink:

More to the point maybe Levy will wake up feeling confident and open the chequebook....

Am i alone in being rather alarmed at the lack of signings. I wonder if Levy is driving too harder bargain (is he did in losing out on the deal for Arshavin) I think we have an excellent chance of CL group stage football but with this squad and the centre back injuries in particular will are going to be in all sorts of trouble.

Granted we don't seem to be able to offload three of four existing, save possiblt Crouch that i did'nt want to sell anyway, but i would view it as a huge let down to the fans and to be fair Rednapp if Levy does'nt secure three very decent players, and time is really running out.

We have created our best oppotunity for over twenty years and not to back the achievement up with sum quality signingd would be insane.

Am i alone in being rather alarmed at the lack of signings. I wonder if Levy is driving too harder bargain (is he did in losing out on the deal for Arshavin) I think we have an excellent chance of CL group stage football but with this squad and the centre back injuries in particular will are going to be in all sorts of trouble.

Granted we don't seem to be able to offload three of four existing, save possiblt Crouch that i did'nt want to sell anyway, but i would view it as a huge let down to the fans and to be fair Rednapp if Levy does'nt secure three very decent players, and time is really running out.

We have created our best oppotunity for over twenty years and not to back the achievement up with sum quality signingd would be insane.

Selling Crouch to Liverpool makes no sense for us at all in strenghening one of our main rivals for a CL spot next season.

Obviously we need central defensive cover....hopefully Keane will be sold and maybe Pav and we can bring someone in....question is who??

But its not only us carmine the whole league seems unable to shift players....maybe there is just not enough money around anywhere outside of Manchester.

Selling Crouch to Liverpool makes no sense for us at all in strenghening one of our main rivals for a CL spot next season.

Obviously we need central defensive cover....hopefully Keane will be sold and maybe Pav and we can bring someone in....question is who??

But its not only us carmine the whole league seems unable to shift players....maybe there is just not enough money around anywhere outside of Manchester.

Thing is, we do have the money. It's just that Levy is such a tight arsh git. In short he wants to pay europa league money for CL players. Coupled with that we cannot "Guarrantee" them CL football although admittedly after the draw it's far more likely.

Thing is, we do have the money. It's just that Levy is such a tight arsh git. In short he wants to pay europa league money for CL players. Coupled with that we cannot "Guarrantee" them CL football although admittedly after the draw it's far more likely.

I suspect Levy wants to trim the wage bill before we buy anyone....but we need a central defender as much as anything....anyone in the frame?

I suspect Levy wants to trim the wage bill before we buy anyone....but we need a central defender as much as anything....anyone in the frame?

Should have been facilitating that a long time ago. I'm afraid he does'nt have the mantality to take us to greater heights, it's as simple as that.

How about this...no signings equals decent run in the Carling and probably in the FA cup, a couple of wins in the CL group, and a top seven league finish and back to where we were when the big Dutchman was in charge.

My point is, if we do make three quality signings it "could" read very differently.

Should have been facilitating that a long time ago. I'm afraid he does'nt have the mantality to take us to greater heights, it's as simple as that.

How about this...no signings equals decent run in the Carling and probably in the FA cup, a couple of wins in the CL group, and a top seven league finish and back to where we were when the big Dutchman was in charge.

My point is, if we do make three quality signings it "could" read very differently.

Well the transfer window aint closed yet and no doubt twitchy will have a card or two up his sleeve....let's hope there's an ace or two...:whistling:

According to the bbc gossip column http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8902968.stm

Gallas, <deleted> !!!! I really dont want him at white hart lane.

And according to bellamy clubs in ' europa' league like Germany with the euro and the tax situ are paying better money than the prem.

According to the bbc gossip column http://news.bbc.co.u...ers/8902968.stm

And according to bellamy clubs in ' europa' league like Germany with the euro and the tax situ are paying better money than the prem.

Gallas is a very good player but totally divisive in the dressing room. Plus i don't want any Arsenal players.

According to the bbc gossip column http://news.bbc.co.u...ers/8902968.stm

Gallas is a very good player but totally divisive in the dressing room. Plus i don't want any Arsenal players.

Gallas won't be coming for the same reason as Cole.....not that any of us want him anyway!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1301996/Tottenham-William-Gallas-Arsenal-defenders-contract-demands.html

Here you go spuds.

Tottenham Hotspur open talks with Aston Villa over £20m Ashley Young but unwilling to make him club's top earner

*£65,000-a-week five-year contract on table but England international wants £75,000-a-week

*Spurs chairman Daniel Levy refusing to break club's tight wage structure

*Robbie Keane offered as £11m makeweight in deal

By Wayne Veysey and Amar Singh

Tottenham have opened talks with Aston Villa over a £20million move for Ashley Young but their bid to sign the winger could be scuppered by his £75,000-a-week wage demands.

It is understood that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has been talking to Villa executives for some time about a deal that would include striker Robbie Keane - valued at £11m - as a makeweight.

Young, 25, has made it clear he wants to move to White Hart Lane and Levy has told the player’s representatives that the Londoners are willing to offer a five-year contract that would match his current £65,000-a-week package.

Yet the England international wants a £3.9m-a-year-deal – or £75,000-a-week – that would make him the highest paid player at Spurs, above Luka Modric and Robbie Keane.

Levy is unwilling to break the club’s tight wage structure and the transfer remains some way off completion, particularly given the added uncertainty at Villa Park following Martin O’Neill’s resignation.

Spurs are hoping Young will lower his demands and that the carrot of Champions League football this season – assuming they overcome Young Boys Bern in a two-legged qualifier – will work in their favour. The winger, who signed from Watford for £9.6m in January 2007, has less than two years remaining on his Villa contract and has so far been reluctant to discuss a new deal.

Leaving? | Ashley Young could be joining James Milner in the Aston Villa departure lounge

Tottenham are hoping to make the former Watford player the first of at least three big-name signings that manager Harry Redknapp says he has identified to help Spurs push for the title after their fourth-placed finish last season.

There is no indication that the potential sale of Young had anything to do with O’Neill’s decision to walk out of Villa Park just five days before the start of the season, but the Northern Irishman was known to be concerned about losing another of his star players.

Villa would be reluctant sellers of Young, but they have been actively considering the prospect of selling him in their negotiations for Keane, who wants first-team football following his loan spell at Celtic last season.

Redknapp made two bids for Young last summer and has maintained his interest as he believes the winger’s pace and delivery from the left could help Spurs be more of an attacking force this season.

He's the player that has been linked to us that i did.nt want. A fast, average overated player. Even if he was any good, which he's really not, he's just not the type of player we should be looking at.

Now i'm totally pissed off James....not that i'm blaming you personally!!

Here you go spuds.

Tottenham Hotspur open talks with Aston Villa over £20m Ashley Young but unwilling to make him club's top earner

*£65,000-a-week five-year contract on table but England international wants £75,000-a-week

*Spurs chairman Daniel Levy refusing to break club's tight wage structure

*Robbie Keane offered as £11m makeweight in deal

By Wayne Veysey and Amar Singh

Tottenham have opened talks with Aston Villa over a £20million move for Ashley Young but their bid to sign the winger could be scuppered by his £75,000-a-week wage demands.

It is understood that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has been talking to Villa executives for some time about a deal that would include striker Robbie Keane - valued at £11m - as a makeweight.

Young, 25, has made it clear he wants to move to White Hart Lane and Levy has told the player's representatives that the Londoners are willing to offer a five-year contract that would match his current £65,000-a-week package.

Yet the England international wants a £3.9m-a-year-deal – or £75,000-a-week – that would make him the highest paid player at Spurs, above Luka Modric and Robbie Keane.

Levy is unwilling to break the club's tight wage structure and the transfer remains some way off completion, particularly given the added uncertainty at Villa Park following Martin O'Neill's resignation.

Spurs are hoping Young will lower his demands and that the carrot of Champions League football this season – assuming they overcome Young Boys Bern in a two-legged qualifier – will work in their favour. The winger, who signed from Watford for £9.6m in January 2007, has less than two years remaining on his Villa contract and has so far been reluctant to discuss a new deal.

Leaving? | Ashley Young could be joining James Milner in the Aston Villa departure lounge

Tottenham are hoping to make the former Watford player the first of at least three big-name signings that manager Harry Redknapp says he has identified to help Spurs push for the title after their fourth-placed finish last season.

There is no indication that the potential sale of Young had anything to do with O'Neill's decision to walk out of Villa Park just five days before the start of the season, but the Northern Irishman was known to be concerned about losing another of his star players.

Villa would be reluctant sellers of Young, but they have been actively considering the prospect of selling him in their negotiations for Keane, who wants first-team football following his loan spell at Celtic last season.

Redknapp made two bids for Young last summer and has maintained his interest as he believes the winger's pace and delivery from the left could help Spurs be more of an attacking force this season.

£11m for Robbie Keane?...SOLD!

Well this is where we are at the moment. Sandro isn't available until September, so Rednapp will play Huddlestone for the time being. This is our best line up but we could really do with a striker that has the ablity to play upfront alone with Modric, Bale and Lennon playing behind, because as it stands we have no flexibility in changing to a different formation. Very decent side i think but what a difference a couple of top signings would make.

Gomes

Corluka

Dawson

King

Bale

Sandro

Palacios

Lennon

Modric

Defoe

(Pavlyuchenko)

How we do actually start the season we'll have to wait and see but apart from a really tough first game we've been given some ok fixtures around our CL ties. frankly, i'd rather be playing City now though before the jugonaut gets into gear.

Well this is where we are at the moment. Sandro isn't available until September, so Rednapp will play Huddlestone for the time being. This is our best line up but we could really do with a striker that has the ablity to play upfront alone with Modric, Bale and Lennon playing behind, because as it stands we have no flexibility in changing to a different formation. Very decent side i think but what a difference a couple of top signings would make.

Gomes

Corluka

Dawson

King

Bale

Sandro

Palacios

Lennon

Modric

Defoe

(Pavlyuchenko)

How we do actually start the season we'll have to wait and see but apart from a really tough first game we've been given some ok fixtures around our CL ties. frankly, i'd rather be playing City now though before the jugonaut gets into gear.

We really aren't buying anyone are we?....same old story....linked with everyone and his granny with no substance whatsoever......depressing....:(

On rthe plus side we already have a decent team and with Citeh's team not bedded in yet we should have a decent chance tomorrow.

Edited by smokie36

I'm optimistic to take the points but more importantly this side is so close to the real deal but it's just "not quite there" and it's frustrating the hel_l out of me. One centre back, one striker that can play a lone role upfront and we have a team with excellent cover throughout.

If Levy does'nt make the signings he's a #$%

Edited by carmine

I'm optimistic to take the points but more importantly this side is so close to the real deal but it's just "not quite there" and it's frustrating the hel_l out of me. One centre back, one striker that can play a lone role upfront and we have a team with excellent cover throughout.

A decent away win on Wednesday night might convince him to spend some cash but I'd like to see some players sold as well.....Keane and Jenas for starters.

If we don't bring in a centre back its suicidal imo.

A decent away win on Wednesday night might convince him to spend some cash but I'd like to see some players sold as well.....Keane and Jenas for starters.

If we don't bring in a centre back its suicidal imo.

Buying after Wednesday night is too late.

One of the problems is that we want too much for Keane, who's knocking 30, and no one wants Jenas becausing he is a useless ponce. Interestingly the only manager was interested in his dazzling midfield prowess was ...wait for it...Martin O'Neil. We can't seem to construct anything other than a loan deal for Alan Hutton and if Stevie's source is right Levy is asking too much for Crouch. I would be happier actually if that deal does fall threw because we should'nt be selling the striker that does give us an option. he does as instructed and you can base a good game plan around him. Man City away last season was a perfect example. Crouh was superd that night.

We are not a big enough club to play the transfer market the way Levy wants to. He tries to drive too harder bargain and ends up losing out on the whole f______g lot!

I'm not saying we will definately beat Bern but we have been handed an incredible oppotunity and on the back of the profits we have made, the draw we have been given in the CL qualifier he should go for it and buy as big as we can.

Edited by carmine

Buying after Wednesday night is too late.

One of the problems is that we want too much for Keane, who's knocking 30, and no one wants Jenas becausing he is a useless ponce. Interestingly the only manager was interested in his dazzling midfield prowess was ...wait for it...Martin O'Neil. We can't seem to construct anything other than a loan deal for Alan Hutton and if Stevie's source is right Levy is asking too much for Crouch. I would be happier actually if that deal does fall threw because we should'nt be selling the striker that does give us an option. he does as instructed and you can base a good game plan around him. Man City away last season was a perfect example. Crouh was superd that night.

We are not a big enough club to play the transfer market the way Levy wants to. He tries to drive too harder bargain and ends up losing out on the whole f______g lot!

I'm not saying we will definately beat Bern but we have been handed an incredible oppotunity and on the back of the profits we have made, the draw we have been given in the CL qualifier he should go for it and buy as big as we can.

Is the cut off for naming the 25 tonight then? In that case there should be a lot of activity throughout the day....let's just hope we come out of it with someone worthwhile.

Selling Crouch to Liverpool would be a crazy move....let them sit in 6-7th place rueing their lack of options when the inevitable happens to Torres. ;)

As i was trying to say before mi ISP let me down AGAIN i think that Liverpool will suprise a few sceptics this season and will be right in the scrap for a top four finish. It's going to be even tighter than last year.

Edited by carmine