Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Young Boys - there's no need to feel down. I said, Young Boys, in the Qualifying Round. I said, Young Boys, in the draw you have found. There's no need to be unhappy. Young Boys - there's a team you will play I said, Young Boys, who at the end of the day. You can beat them, and I'm sure you will find many ways to have a good time. It's fun to play the T.H.F.C. It's fun to play the T.H.F.C. '><'

Very good singher, ,looks like you have found your true vocation in life.... Singhy the songwriter certainly has a good sound to it :rolleyes: .

It does doesn't it ??

I'll be writing a few more throughout the Season, fear not..:D

i suppose anythings got be better than chas n dave! biggrin.gif

Edited by tigerfish

Young Boys - there's no need to feel down. I said, Young Boys, in the Qualifying Round. I said, Young Boys, in the draw you have found. There's no need to be unhappy. Young Boys - there's a team you will play I said, Young Boys, who at the end of the day. You can beat them, and I'm sure you will find many ways to have a good time. It's fun to play the T.H.F.C. It's fun to play the T.H.F.C. '><'

Very good singher, ,looks like you have found your true vocation in life.... Singhy the songwriter certainly has a good sound to it :rolleyes: .

It does doesn't it ??

i suppose anythings got be better than chas n dave! biggrin.gif

Or jjust " Chas " as they're known as nowadays i believe...;)

It does doesn't it ??

Look forward to 'You're in the Champions League my friends' and the more unlikely 'You are the champions'. :D

It does doesn't it ??

Look forward to 'You're in the Champions League my friends' and the more unlikely 'You are the champions'. :D

To be honest, i'm trying to work out a few lines that i can fit fiit " Michael Dawson " & " Turns like an Oil Tanker in so says Carmine "...:D

It does doesn't it ??

To be honest, i'm trying to work out a few lines that i can fit fiit " Michael Dawson " & " Turns like an Oil Tanker in so says Carmine "...:D

:lol: Keep turning the creative wheel singhy!

EDIT: there's a whole new thread in this mate. Anelka...'Holiday'....SAF....'Not a penny more not a penny more'....twichy....'Jailhouse Rock'.....

Edited by smokie36

I thought that pavleomental's display was the worst performance by a centre forward ive seen in a Tottenham shirt since linwacker played, I thought pavleo was abso' fuc_king terrible.but like linwacker, the boys got the happy knack of scoring, and uve got to say it was a v well taken goal, could well be the most important one of our season.. At three nil down and struggling things looked gloomy , thought that Huddlestone coming on changed the game. Full marks to the team for holding it together and at the end the day a 3 2 defeat wasn't so bad, I fully expect Spurs to give the 'Nice boys' a really good pasting at white hart lane.

It does doesn't it ??

Would that be on the back of our CL campaign?

It does doesn't it ??

Would that be on the back of our CL campaign?

It may well be Mr C as in a VERY morbid way of mine, i hope you qualify as i saw enough against those Young Boys to know that when you play Clubs a little better than the best in Switzerland, all hel_l is gonna break loose...:D

I thought that pavleomental's display was the worst performance by a centre forward ive seen in a Tottenham shirt since linwacker played, I thought pavleo was abso' fuc_king terrible.but like linwacker, the boys got the happy knack of scoring, and uve got to say it was a v well taken goal, could well be the most important one of our season.. At three nil down and struggling things looked gloomy , thought that Huddlestone coming on changed the game. Full marks to the team for holding it together and at the end the day a 3 2 defeat wasn't so bad, I fully expect Spurs to give the 'Nice boys' a really good pasting at white hart lane.

Pav did'nt like having to partner Defoe and it does'nt work. JD is a selfish player, and links up better with Crouch anyway.

Pav was a much better player linking up with Keane.

That issue aside, we really could have done with Sandro. He i believe would have really steadied things up from the start, as Huddlestone did when he came on.

Edited by carmine

Pav did'nt like having to partner Defoe and it does'nt work. JD is a selfish player, and links up better with Crouch anyway.

Pav was a much better player linking up with Keane.

That issue aside, we really could have done with Sandro. He i believe would have really steadied things up from the start, as Huddlestone did when he came on.

From the few clips iv'e seen of Sandro he plays very similar to Hudd but i doubt that he has Hudd's passing ability so i cant see how he is going to get into the team ;) .

Still i suppose once Hudd gets in the England squad Man city will pay 35m for him as they need another holding midfield player :D

Edited by alfieconn

Sandro maybe better in the tackle, Hudd the better passer. Either way we'll have to rotate and these two offer good option.

From what Ive seen, Dont think its Huddlestone's place thats under threat, If Sandros up to the prem, which has yet to be seen. For me it's Palacious's place that he would threaten, he didnt perform well at the end of last season and IMO, has started this season in the same vein. We will see. But as you say its all about options.

Edited by rijit

Sandro maybe better in the tackle, Hudd the better passer. Either way we'll have to rotate and these two offer good option.

How many times have any of you watched " Sandro " play a full 90 mins out of curiosity ??

Iv'e already answered that Singhy ;) plus sometimes you have to form an opinion from reports you have read on a player something even managers do.

From the few clips iv'e seen of Sandro he plays very similar to Hudd but i doubt that he has Hudd's passing ability so i cant see how he is going to get into the team ;)
Edited by alfieconn

All you know it all's didn't see William Gallas on the horizon. What do you make of that?

:D Post #1832.......its been all over the web for a while Trevor.

I hope he leaves the chip on his shouder out on the pitch and not into the dressing room....at best a good and experienced defender....at worst hel_l I don't want to think about it......

How many times have any of you watched " Sandro " play a full 90 mins out of curiosity ??

I was wondering when one of you would ask me that. Answer is not alot.

I have mentioned him and other Brazillian players and the reason is i have long standing friends in Brazil and a couple in London. They all think he is a great buy and i think my info is good but time will tell. He's also now in the Brazillian squad, (playing a very similar role to Hudd) which in my book probably makes him a &lt;removed&gt; site better than the overpaid charlies that represented us in the world cup. (If anyone would like to add that they did'nt do much better its a fair point, but listen to their media and what the great ex players had to say before the tournament started and they knew they would fail due to the bixarre selections and un Brazillian style tactics of Dunga)

I just love the attacking flair offered at the likes of the maracana and White Hart Lane and think he's really going to fit in. :D

Edited by carmine

All you know it all's didn't see William Gallas on the horizon. What do you make of that?

I hope he leaves the chip on his shouder out on the pitch and not into the dressing room....at best a good and experienced defender....at worst hel_l I don't want to think about it......

I doubt after the world cup we'll be losing him much going away on international duty. Providing the Tottenham psychiatrist is up to scratch a Gallas/King partnership looks good, pending on the usual knee issue. We are just going to have to wait to see if this increase in his playing frequency is more than a flash in the pan.

I doubt after the world cup we'll be losing him much going away on international duty. Providing the Tottenham psychiatrist is up to scratch a Gallas/King partnership looks good, pending on the usual knee issue. We are just going to have to wait to see if this increase in his playing frequency is more than a flash in the pan.

He's the besr available end of story. Looks like Loic Remy is out of the equation now....so are we signing a striker next week? :unsure:

He's the besr available end of story. Looks like Loic Remy is out of the equation now....so are we signing a striker next week? :unsure:

Nothing will happen would have thought for a couple of weeks, pending on our qualification and what happens in the other qualifiers, because as was mentiones by Mr Conn you are still eligable to play group stages for another team, if you played for a team in the qualifiers and were knocked out.

I'll leave it up to the rest of you to speculate......

My crystal ball says we field a weakened side this weekend.....a full strength team beating the Swiss ensuring we reach the league stage....and WE STILL DON'T BUY A STRIKER!!!

How's that for a guess carmine?

:coffee1:

At this stage, having waited this long, we are better off waiting to see who the qualifying unravels before buying a striker.

As i said i doubt whether Modric or Defoe will be due to strains/knocks and apart from that i'm not so sure what our weak side is just yet. (That is apart from the presense of Assou Ekoto.) I'm a big fan of Kranjaer and we ban always give Crouch a run out so that covers adequately for those two. We're bound to pick up some more knocks playing Stoke away, even with the total football they love to play!

Edited by carmine

Strongest team is Gomes King Huddlestone Modric Bale Lennon Defoe and 4 others yet to be bought.....

Saturday's side will have Assiou ekotto and Giovani playing....no injury worries with those two.

EDIT: Its offical I can't count to 11....

Edited by smokie36

Strongest team is Gomes King Huddlestone Modric Bale Lennon Defoe and 4 others yet to be bought.....

Saturday's side will have Assiou ekotto and Giovani playing....no injury worries with those two.

where does gallas fit into that line-up?

Smokie old pal, when you play Stoke away you pick a team to do the job no matter how messy because otherwise the Pullis boys will kick your sorry &lt;deleted&gt; off the pitch as would happen to Spurs not so long ago. Bruising and physical. I give Rednapp a lot of credit for this.

Oh, and as a delusional Stoke fan said on here last season we might get "lucky" and win up there. :lol:

Edited by carmine

He's probably still in deep consultation with our psychiatrist mate

Depending on fitness I'd have him at left back with Dawson partnering King......I doubt Gallas will like the idea much though! :D