Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I hope the FA throw the book at Tottenham.absolutely disgusting behaviour,should have had at least 3 sent off sad.png

It was a pitiful refereeing performance. No wonder the game got out of control.

The ref could have done with some video technology to help him smile.png

tongue.pngwhistling.gif

Did you know that Spurs have only got the same points they finished with last season and only won the same amount of games!!

Ohhh ahhh misses that should get the boys going hardly forward moving is it??

Always said that the last few season the premier league has been not as good of quality as of years gone by probably since city won it....

True though eh lads smile.png

tick tick tick

tongue.pngwhistling.gif

Did you know that Spurs have only got the same points they finished with last season and only won the same amount of games!!

Always said that the last few season the premier league has been not as good of quality as of years gone by probably since city won it....

True though eds smile.png

tick tick tick

No i didn't know that as it is incorrect, last season they finished with 64 points, at the moment they have 70 points with 2 games to go.

If your going to quote facts about results at least give all of them, you seem to have failed to mention that last season we lost 12 games where by at the moment we have only lost 4 games.

mrred, if your going to come on here being a clown then at least be a clever clown and get your facts right !

• Like 1

tongue.pngwhistling.gif

True though eh lads smile.png

tick tick tick

Ha Ha, you really made a fool of yourself with that post as it's complete B/S & not true at all Mr Red.

Seeing that your so eager to compare our fantastic season with with the last one, lets take a look and compare your teams current season with the last one shall we.

2014/15 ManUtd won 20 Drew 10 Lost 8 = 70pts

2015/16 ManUtd won 17 Drew 9 Lost 9 = 60pts

(even with 3 games to go your still going to end up worse off than last season) biggrin.png

P.S There's also the possibility that you won't make the UCL as well and end up in the Europa instead. tongue.pngwai2.gif

I hope the FA throw the book at Tottenham.absolutely disgusting behaviour,should have had at least 3 sent off sad.png

If that's the case peter, then shouldn't the FA also throw the book at the 3 Chelsea players who

publicly announced there desire for Leicester to win the title instead of Spurs knowing full well that Chelsea still had to play both teams before the season end?

These 3 Chelsea players are supposed to act like professionals and act with integrity, their actions prior to this match is what instigated the ugly nature in which the match was played in and they should be charged with bringing the game in to disrepute.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/05/spurs-legend-micky-hazard-accuses-chelsea-stars-of-lacking-integrity-5860625/?

If that's the case peter, then shouldn't the FA also throw the book at the 3 Chelsea players who

publicly announced there desire for Leicester to win the title instead of Spurs knowing full well that Chelsea still had to play both teams before the season end?

These 3 Chelsea players are supposed to act like professionals and act with integrity, their actions prior to this match is what instigated the ugly nature in which the match was played in and they should be charged with bringing the game in to disrepute.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/05/spurs-legend-micky-hazard-accuses-chelsea-stars-of-lacking-integrity-5860625/?

Don't recall any other teams players publicly announcing that they would rather one team win a competition than another, weather it's breaking any rules/laws i don't know but it's certainly unprofessional to say the least.

• Like 1

If you're really trying to say that professional footballers deserve some sympathy for their thuggery because they read a few wind-up tweets, well I'd have to say that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

god stone the bloody crows ,spuds are still bleating about their draw

now its the c/sea trio , get a grip on yourselves

you led TWO NIL at halftime, enuff to put the game to bed,

, even at two two , spuds had at least 10 mins left, to score the winner,but a massive meltdown had been arriving for sometime, LEADING TO 9 YELLOWS, does,nt that turn your the lights on

and not one cool head to lead this bunch of thugs on the nite(that is) , play footy ,and u could have white washed us,E/S has no doubt about that

even poch was doing a MOU, that even added to the meltdown

simply spuds ,you bottled it, FULLSTOP

have a nice evening

If you're really trying to say that professional footballers deserve some sympathy for their thuggery because they read a few wind-up tweets, well I'd have to say that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Not just me saying it Chic, other ex pro footballers are saying it as well, Stan Collymore, Micky Hazard.

And no, they didn't read a few wind up tweets, they were televised interviews with Fabregas and Hazard the two main culprits followed by Willian.

What they did has simply questioned there integrity to the game, but it's no surprise to me, you only have to ask Mourinho about Fabregas and Hazard's integrity and you know what the answer would be thumbsup.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3546545/Chelsea-former-Arsenal-star-Cesc-Fabregas-don-t-want-Tottenham-win-title.html

A professional would have answered: I'm only interested in what my team, Chelsea FC is doing.

Edited by sotsira

I think ES has a good point.

It was Spurs that lost the league title from being 2-0 up at HT and sailing, not Hazard (although it was a great goal).

NB Hazard should have kept quiet, but that's a different topic.

• Like 1

Not just me saying it Chic, other ex pro footballers are saying it as well, Stan Collymore, Micky Hazard.

And no, they didn't read a few wind up tweets, they were televised interviews with Fabregas and Hazard the two main culprits followed by Willian.

What they did has simply questioned there integrity to the game, but it's no surprise to me, you only have to ask Mourinho about Fabregas and Hazard's integrity and you know what the answer would be thumbsup.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3546545/Chelsea-former-Arsenal-star-Cesc-Fabregas-don-t-want-Tottenham-win-title.html

A professional would have answered: I'm only interested in what my team, Chelsea FC is doing.

So you quote two washed up pros - at least one of whom has anger management issues - and the Daily Mail.

Yeah, that argument's over.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

I think ES has a good point.

It was Spurs that lost the league title from being 2-0 up at HT and sailing, not Hazard (although it was a great goal).

NB Hazard should have kept quiet, but that's a different topic.

ES's point is a different topic,

what i'm talking about is answering to Petermilk's post saying that it's all Tottenhams doing when it's clearly not as the FA are charging both clubs for their behaviour on and off the pitch.

And to add to that 3 Chelsea players publicly announced a preference to one team winning the league when they still had to play both teams before the end of the season. Now that is clearly unprofessional and brings the game in to disrepute and they should also have the book thrown at them as well.

Fairs fair, if your going to point the finger at the Tottenham players then lets look at the whole picture of when all this started, on the MNF on Sky Sports with Fabregas.

So you quote two washed up pros - at least one of whom has anger management issues - and the Daily Mail.

Yeah, that argument's over.

biggrin.png

I think Micky Hazard and Stan Collymore know a bit more about the game than you Chic, and they both have european and championship medals to prove it too.thumbsup.gif

lets put it this way, if the meltdown ETC ETC did,nt occur,and spuds run out winners

everything at spuds would be rosy, the bitching about c/seas trio would be handbags

your team had the chance to do it out on the pitch, but bottled it !!!! why be so sore

UPS it reminded E/S of l/pool 3.3 draw away to palace , led 3.0 wanted more for goal difference values. lo a nd behold 3.3 draw, no epl title end of BRENDA. and l/pool have never recovered

will spuds have the same hangover (so to speak) next season,????

lets put it this way, if the meltdown ETC ETC did,nt occur,and spuds run out winners

everything at spuds would be rosy, the bitching about c/seas trio would be handbags

your team had the chance to do it out on the pitch, but bottled it !!!! why be so sore

UPS it reminded E/S of l/pool 3.3 draw away to palace , led 3.0 wanted more for goal difference values. lo a nd behold 3.3 draw, no epl title end of BRENDA. and l/pool have never recovered

Interesting point you raise.

I think your wrong there E/S, if Spurs had held on to their lead the FA would still have acted in the same way because up to the 80th min when it became 2-2 there were already more than 5 Spurs players booked which instantly puts the club on a charge, and the Dembele/Costa incident happened a lot earlier, as well as the other mass brawls etc..

Like i keep saying this match became personal between certain players and the instigators were Fabregas, Hazard and Willian. Fabregas started the ball rolling a week before on the MNF on Sky Sports.

I've watched dozens of Tottenham v Chelsea matches over the years (since 1973) and never have i seen a match that displayed more hatred between players than professionalism.

As far as Spurs getting a hangover next season like Liverpool did a couple of seasons ago, just remember that they sold Suarez, their star player and goalscorer, which i think contributed more to their hangover than the 3-3 draw with Palace.

All Tottenham need to do is keep hold of all their main stars and the manager then next season they'll be firing on all cylinders again.

Edited by sotsira
  • Like 1

^"match became personal between certain players".

What's wrong with that? There's not enough of it these days in local derbies. Have you ever heard of Mike Doyle? He always wound up ManU with vitriolic comments and played like he was desperate to beat them. If I was a Chelsea supporter I'd want to know that the players were desperate to beat Spurs. So I have no problems with the players you mention and their comments; does the FA have any problem with them?

^"match became personal between certain players".

What's wrong with that? There's not enough of it these days in local derbies. Have you ever heard of Mike Doyle? He always wound up ManU with vitriolic comments and played like he was desperate to beat them. If I was a Chelsea supporter I'd want to know that the players were desperate to beat Spurs. So I have no problems with the players you mention and their comments; does the FA have any problem with them?

I love a bit of passion in a game...no complaints about result, league position or any forthcoming suspensions.

Just need a win from one of our last two games to secure second. :)

• Like 1

god stone the bloody crows ,spuds are still bleating about their draw

now its the c/sea trio , get a grip on yourselves

you led TWO NIL at halftime, enuff to put the game to bed,

, even at two two , spuds had at least 10 mins left, to score the winner,but a massive meltdown had been arriving for sometime, LEADING TO 9 YELLOWS, does,nt that turn your the lights on

and not one cool head to lead this bunch of thugs on the nite(that is) , play footy ,and u could have white washed us,E/S has no doubt about that

even poch was doing a MOU, that even added to the meltdown

simply spuds ,you bottled it, FULLSTOP

have a nice evening

Where are Spurs bleating about the draw ? we were happy with the draw as that gave us Champions League !

With all the celebrating going on, your mob were obviously happy with a draw as well, probably as that gave them 9th place whistling.giflaugh.png

Edited by alfieconn

Are Manchester City such a short price to win the league next season, just because of Pep.......I'm bemused, because Spurs have played far superior football than City this season and if they hang on to what they have now and perhaps buy someone (please nor Berahino) with pace, I think they will be up there again. They will get loads of dosh, how about going for Vardy? Along with Kane that would scare the shi-ite out of the others.