Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

Yeah, that was my point carms,

In his previous injury he was stretchered off and spent several weeks recovering.

Where as against Millwall, he walked off unassisted, from the side of the goal, 

all the way round the pitch and down the tunnel.

If it was a bad ankle sprain, the physio, or Kane  wouldn't have allowed him to walk.

Hence why i'm optimistic he won't be out for long.

See what you mean....hope you are right.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

See what you mean....hope you are right.

obviously i'm hoping kane aint out to long , however i'm strangly, v strangly feeling, esp given how i've felt in the past, optimistic,  that janssen is gonna come good

39 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

obviously i'm hoping kane aint out to long , however i'm strangly, v strangly feeling, esp given how i've felt in the past, optimistic,  that janssen is gonna come good

Me too, but he's not Kane.  I like Janssen's workrate and i genuinely feel he's been unlucky.  He also gives off the vibe of really wanting to succeed with Spurs.  Still young and lots to learn in a new league but i'm a long way from writing him off.

• Like 1

Our long term injuries for 2016/17

Lamela    20 weeks

Kane        12 weeks

Rose        12 weeks

Toby         8 weeks

jan           5 weeks

Lloris       4 weeks

<deleted> is going on!!!  Ofcourse it doesn't help that we are paper thin aside of the best starting eleven in terms of experience.

Kane's injury isn't as bad as the previous one that kept him out for 7 weeks

So i'm guessing he could be back in 4 weeks hopefully.

http://outside90.com/tottenham-hotspur-harry-kane-injury-not-as-severe-as-recent-troubles-123/

http://www.cityam.com/260942/tottenham-confirm-harry-kane-has-ankle-ligament-damage-but

Luckily there's an international break next week which means he may only 

miss the next 4 PL games

46 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I had ligament damage in my foot the other year.

Its really a 2/3 week recovery.

Bloody sore though!

Theres recovery and then the time needed to reach match fitness.  One and the other have different time scales.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

I thought there would be much more weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth with this news. Joint top scorer in league, what a time to lose your striker. 

Unlike most of the other thread's Bobby, very rarely do you get any moaning about injuries, making excuses, criticizing ref's, generally feeling hard done by on this thread,  posters on here are like our team, we just pick ourselves up dust ourselves down and get on with things !

• Like 2

7 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Unlike most of the other thread's Bobby, very rarely do you get any moaning about injuries, making excuses, criticizing ref's, generally feeling hard done by on this thread,  posters on here are like our team, we just pick ourselves up dust ourselves down and get on with things !

This is an opportunity for the new lad....let's see him leap at it!

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

I can't argue with that. 

42 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yeah, but i wouldnt say no and is  the lamentable situ  getting to the NEED to replace stage?

Oh don't get me wrong, i'd welcome Isco with open arms.  Just don't think it'll happen is all.

The Lamela situ is made even stranger by the club updates on his progress.  It all read so ambiguous and cagey.  I know hip injuries can be very difficult to skate off but this is now not far shy of six months and no sign of a return date!

13 minutes ago, carmine said:

Oh don't get me wrong, i'd welcome Isco with open arms.  Just don't think it'll happen is all.

The Lamela situ is made even stranger by the club updates on his progress.  It all read so ambiguous and cagey.  I know hip injuries can be very difficult to skate off but this is now not far shy of six months and no sign of a return date!

Different conspiracy theories on social media, drugs ban !  some sort of mental breakdown (see brother seriously ill,  dog dying) !

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Yeah, and he's the only one of that 'group' that hasnt extended his current/ original deal. Something aint quite right.

Two Spurs rejects have just scored hat-tricks in World Cup qualifiers: Clint Dempsey against Honduras and, rather more surprisingly and impressively, Paulinho against Uruguay. Will Defoe make it a hat-trick of hat-tricks tomorrow?

7 hours ago, champers said:

Two Spurs rejects have just scored hat-tricks in World Cup qualifiers: Clint Dempsey against Honduras and, rather more surprisingly and impressively, Paulinho against Uruguay. Will Defoe make it a hat-trick of hat-tricks tomorrow?

No.

19 hours ago, champers said:

BBC reporting that Defoe will start; Vardy is injured. You may have to eat your word, Ronnie. ?

You are aware that Defoe hasn't played for us in years and is therefor of little interest to a Spurs thread?

There is a Sunderland thread......

May I refer you to my post of Saturday about two other former Spurs players. Defoe is connected to that post, as another ex-player. I referred to them as Spurs rejects, which may be a little harsh in Defoe's case.

20 hours ago, champers said:

May I refer you to my post of Saturday about two other former Spurs players. Defoe is connected to that post, as another ex-player. I referred to them as Spurs rejects, which may be a little harsh in Defoe's case.

Defoe scored a lot of goals for us and could never be called a reject.  Problem was always him needing too many chances to score and always head down and shoot rather than looking for a better option.