Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Now I know you are trolling.

City have always had one of the highest % capacity attendances in the league. Even when we had a double releagation and went down to the old 3rd Division, we had an average attendance of 28,000. This was prior to the expansion when the capacity was 32,000

Regrettably on this one I will have to stick up for old blue nose.

When I lived and worked in the city there were always more Citeh fans than Salford Utd ones.

In those days they were long suffering and easy to spot with the hooded eyelids and crooked backs. :biggrin:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

So all  their fans from across the globe suddenly started attending the new stadium, well thank you Mr Thicko :cheesy::cheesy:

So from the Link you posted

Global Clubs
Fundamentally, there are 15 clubs which I would call "global". 

• England (6). Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham.

Anything that attempts to prove a point eh Acon.  Scroll further down and I do believe the author states Tottenham being in that list was an error. Absolutely lifeless fan wise outside of n17 unfortunately for you.

13 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I have a feeling our 'global fanbase' will rise over the next few years while another London side wanes.

Those fickle foreigners eh? :biggrin:

I like your optimism and yes I agree wholly with that whilst the frog holds them back.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I like your optimism and yes I agree wholly with that whilst the frog holds them back.

Its a poorly run club now from top to bottom.

Sadly Wenger needs to retire, he is a shadow of a once great manager.

Any club would have loved to have him ten years ago but the game has moved on.

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Now I know you are trolling.

City have always had one of the highest % capacity attendances in the league. Even when we had a double releagation and went down to the old 3rd Division, we had an average attendance of 28,000. This was prior to the expansion when the capacity was 32,000

Trolling   :cheesy:

All i said was i wonder where all the new supporters came from when you moved to the new stadium ?

Looking at the figs it's a perfectly normal question to ask, your first year in the new stadium you averaged 46,834 people, the previous 20 years in the old stadium you average per season 27,073 people so a difference of  19,761.

Even taking the last 4 seasons at the old stadium you averaged 33,443 which was below capacity, still quite a jump to 46,834. :unsure:

Edited by alfieconn

11 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Anything that attempts to prove a point eh Acon.  Scroll further down and I do believe the author states Tottenham being in that list was an error. Absolutely lifeless fan wise outside of n17 unfortunately for you.

So Tottenham havn't got supporters in the States, Australia, Asia  ?  run along and discuss something you know more about :shock1:

Its a relevant question probably answered by looking at the quality of players being attracted and the promise of 'success'.

Drawn to it like bees to honey some people.

Or maybe there is a lot of corporate seats...I dunno?

Over to you old blue nose! :biggrin:

15 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

9 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Trolling   :cheesy:

All i said was i wonder where all the new supporters came from when you moved to the new stadium ?

Looking at the figs it's a perfectly normal question to ask, your first year in the new stadium you averaged 46,834 people, the previous 20 years in the old stadium you average per season 27,073 people so a difference of  19,761.

Even taking the last 4 season at the old stadium you averaged 33,443, still quite a jump to 46,834. :unsure:

You said we never filled up our old stadium. Your quoted 27,073 average doesn't take into account the redevelopment of Main Road which at one point reduced our capacity to 19,000.

Every time we have increased the capacity, the attendance has gone up to a point where we have had to expand again and again. We wouldn't do that if we weren't filling up the old capacity would we?

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You said we never filled up our old stadium. Your quoted 27,073 average doesn't take into account the redevelopment of Main Road which at one point reduced our capacity to 19,000.

Every time we have increased the capacity, the attendance has gone up to a point where we have had to expand again and again. We wouldn't do that if we weren't filling up the old capacity would we?

Well you didn't have any seasons under 19,000 :unsure: and one at 19,472 so if you had a reduced capacity it couldn't have affected the figs too much, but anyhow you certainly didn't have a reduced attendance for the last 4 seasons ! 

14 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

When I went the other week, the queue for beer was a lot longer than the queues for pies and hotdogs

Seperate queues for food and drinks? Surprised you get to see all the 2nd half.

16 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Well you didn't have any seasons under 19,000 :unsure: and one at 19,472 so if you had a reduced capacity it couldn't have affected the figs too much, but anyhow you certainly didn't have a reduced attendance for the last 4 seasons ! 

I'm just gonna leave these facts here and not respond on this subject again alfie. Just can't believe anyone can question City's fan base and loyalty over decades and decades.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/manchester-city/382/blog/post/2506770/manchester-city-etihad-stadium-expansion-matches-support

-- Manchester City have the highest number of supporters who have been going to games regularly for 25 years (55%) than any other club in the Premier League, according to a poll carried out by sponsors Barclays.

-- Manchester City have been one of the most consistently highly supported teams in England for over 100 years.

-- In the 1895-96 season, history buffs, City were already the third-best supported club in England (behind Everton and Aston Villa, as you were asking).

-- Of the Premier League's current attendance kings (the six best-supported sides are Manchester United, Arsenal, Newcastle, City, Liverpool and Chelsea), only City, Chelsea and Newcastle have consistently received good support in every era of football's existence.

-- City have never been the worst supported team in their division in their entire history, a feat which Manchester United (1930-31) and Arsenal (1912-13) have both failed spectacularly to avoid.

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm just gonna leave these facts here and not respond on this subject again alfie. Just can't believe anyone can question City's fan base and loyalty over decades and decades.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/manchester-city/382/blog/post/2506770/manchester-city-etihad-stadium-expansion-matches-support

"strange that your attendances shot up dramatically when you moved to the new stadium,  make's you wonder where they all came from :shock1: " 

I'm still none the wiser after all your post's on the subject :biggrin:

Fail to see what the Espn report has to do with the comment i made, unless the answer is in there somewhere :cheesy:

Edited by alfieconn

Somebody doubted City's average home attendances so here you go:
28000 in the 3rd tier
2004 is the season we moved to the Etihad and the crowd increased from 34000 to 46000
When we've increased the Etihad seating the attendance increased from 45000 50 54000
We will increase again up to 60000.

42 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Somebody doubted City's average home attendances so here you go:
28000 in the 3rd tier
2004 is the season we moved to the Etihad and the crowd increased from 34000 to 46000
When we've increased the Etihad seating the attendance increased from 45000 50 54000
We will increase again up to 60000.

Who doubted it ? and whats the third tier got to do with anything ? but i was impressed that you got a higher attendance in the 3rd div than the 2nd and 1st div.

All i said was, i wonder where all the new supporters came from when you moved to the new stadium ?  but i doubt i'll get an answer from you either :smile:

Edited by alfieconn

35 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

All i said was, i wonder where all the new supporters came from when you moved to the new stadium ?  but i doubt i'll get an answer from you either 

Where do you think they come from Alfie? Have a stab in the dark. Do you think the Sheikh imports them from 3rd world countries every week? I'll give you a clue that the population of Greater Manchester alone is over 2.5million.

Got to be the most daft question I've seen on here in a long time

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Who doubted it ? and whats the third tier got to do with anything ? but i was impressed that you got a higher attendance in the 3rd div than the 2nd and 1st div.

All i said was, i wonder where all the new supporters came from when you moved to the new stadium ?  but i doubt i'll get an answer from you either :smile:

Fill us in Alfie where do you think they come from? 

Hang on, I was under the impression this increase was due to Citeh's 'global appeal'.

Now old blue nose is telling us its the indigenous population.

What I'd like to know is how many seats at the council ground are corporate?

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You obviously didn't know that the record crowd on an English club ground is held by Manchester City with 84,569 for a domestic game with Stoke in 1934.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Hang on, I was under the impression this increase was due to Citeh's 'global appeal'.

What I'd like to know is how many seats at the council ground are corporate?

Whilst your at it can you confirm the increase in flights between Abu Dhabi and Manchester since 2008?

Anyway, back to Tottenham!!!  Does anyone know if Danny Rose will make the Man Yoo game next weekend?  An added attacking option will be very important against a ten man brick wall!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Where do you think they come from Alfie? Have a stab in the dark. Do you think the Sheikh imports them from 3rd world countries every week? I'll give you a clue that the population of Greater Manchester alone is over 2.5million.

Got to be the most daft question I've seen on here in a long time

Well that's what Rc implied  :biggrin:

I'd point to a global fan base

Anyway i understand now, they were  in hiding  but decided to come out when things were on the up,  i hope these are not included in the loyal City fan base you talk about :unsure:

Edited by alfieconn

41 minutes ago, carmine said:

Anyway, back to Tottenham!!!  Does anyone know if Danny Rose will make the Man Yoo game next weekend?  An added attacking option will be very important against a ten man brick wall!

Was reported on the club official twatter line that he will start full training next week.

So I would expect him on the bench all being well.