Tottenham Thread

chonabot

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

As Alfredo is ignore,on guess i'll never know; shame that. I would add that Carter-Vickers is  NOT one of your first 11 which i enquired about.

We both know the answer to your question on City; currently we buy players, we can afford it and it works for us as the trophies testify. But you knew that.

But this was your response to one of my post's earlier today,  

Twin topic Alfie: Nett spend and Academy! Yawn...

If you had a brain Trigg you'd be dangerous :biggrin: Like this

On 2017-5-15 at 8:16 AM, carmine said:

No problem, because if you are so keen to post on this thread you should at least know a little bit about thecmanagers philosophy and the type of player needed to adopt it.  Granted everyone has opinions but when i read yours i thought you were talking about Spurs in 2008 under Redknapp.

Spurs initiated talks for 34 year old veteran and highly decorated player with much experience. Daniel Alves. The biesla philosophy being whole heartedly adopted!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, carmine said:

He's not on ignore, you answer him all the time.  

I'm glad you appear so triumphant that Carter-Vickers isn't one of our starting eleven.  No shit Sherlock!!  But, i have to confess that, as with Petermik, if your posts stretch further than a couple of lines i don't really read them, just take a passing glance kinda thing.

Think you do not understand the 'ignore' feature on TV; muppet is on MY ignore therefore i don't see his posts unless someone quotes him (please don't quote).

Not triumphant, i was just correcting you again! You do read my posts as you're always a dog to every stick i throw...go fetch! :cheesy:

Aw! Just noticed somebody did quote muppet "3 mate, Walker, Kane, Rose" to which he was corrected "Walker was bought from Sheff Utd and Rose from Leeds".

So Spurs have just one homegrown player, =Kane; remarkable, and i'm so impressed with Spurs Policy. 

Edited by Bredbury Blue

6 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

13 Goals 10 assists and 86% passing accuracy in 31 Games played.

Short listed for PFA player of the year.

Absolutely piss poor.

He was an attacking force, no doubt he was a great but infront of his own box watching  and controlling the game like a holding midfeilder should do he wasnt good  and the england games when he was just asked to do that he was really poor and found wanting and yes   i did watch him that season A LOT.  Edit

Interesting comments from real liverpool fans who seem to tend to agree with me.https://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/01/liverpool-fans-debate-steven-gerrards-holding-midfield-role/

Edited by 3 minus 2

34 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Aw! Just noticed somebody did quote muppet "3 mate, Walker, Kane, Rose" to which he was corrected "Walker was bought from Sheff Utd and Rose from Leeds".

So Spurs have just one homegrown player, =Kane; remarkable, and i'm so impressed with Spurs Policy. 

No No, according to the criteria that Trig  uses they both came from our Academy :biggrin: so Kelechi Iheanacho  came through your academy and then two didn't come through our's:cheesy::cheesy: you can't have it both ways Trigg !

Edited by alfieconn

OH and that was the 'best' responces :clap2:God knows what the worst ones were

OH and looking slightly further you forgot to mention that 10 of those 13 were penalties. 11 if u include the fa cup !!

Edited by 3 minus 2

43 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Think you do not understand the 'ignore' feature on TV; muppet is on MY ignore therefore i don't see his posts unless someone quotes him (please don't quote).

Not triumphant, i was just correcting you again! You do read my posts as you're always a dog to every stick i throw...go fetch! :cheesy:

This was your reply to a post of mine earlier that wasn't someone quoting me 

Two topic Alfie: Nett spend and Academy! Yawn...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

He was an attacking force, no doubt he was a great but infront of his own box watching  and controlling the game like a holding midfeilder should do he wasnt good  and the england games when he was just asked to do that he was really poor and found wanting and yes   i did watch him that season A LOT.  Edit

Interesting comments from real liverpool fans who seem to tend to agree with me.https://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/01/liverpool-fans-debate-steven-gerrards-holding-midfield-role/

You quoting "real fans" on Twitter is questionable. You've taken comments in response to a game in January exactly when the switch began and you are sampling one game. 

We did this to death 2 years ago and obviously stats and PFA nominations are just hearsay to you. 

9 hours ago, champers said:

Walker was bought from Sheff Utd and Rose from Leeds. They are both Yorkshire puddings.

Oh my Buddha. I've put up with all this nonsense from Spurs fans on youth all for 1 bladdy player. Why oh why did I not investigate their claims sooner.

It was the same earlier in the week when I proved their nett spend claims where garbage.

Many thanks champers. I will take their statements and claims with a bigger pinch of salt in future.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Oh dear!

Eric Dier wants to quit Tottenham along with Kyle Walker and Danny Rose with both Manchester clubs circling

Spurs trio have had their heads turned by potential offers to double their current £65,000-a-week contracts

Chelsea are flirting with Toby too. They sent him a map to their training ground along with their London stadium both are closer to his house in SW5. Done deal.

39 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Oh dear!

Eric Dier wants to quit Tottenham along with Kyle Walker and Danny Rose with both Manchester clubs circling

Spurs trio have had their heads turned by potential offers to double their current £65,000-a-week contracts

i've been watching dier pretty closely recently, and tbh he aint as cracked up as the media have made him, he aint the most intelligent of footballers, watch his contribution to the chavs  second goal, english commentators are piss poor and miss more than they spot his  distribution is borderline poor and with the emergence of  winks and wanyama making good, wouldnt worry to much about  him moving on, not to sure of who else is  ready to step up alfie and carms  will probably know, but 50 mil and your welcome to him.

as for rose,, he aint been around for ??? halfish of this season and we've oh so missed him,, NOT !!!, going forward he's a  threat but as a defender he's improved but still not particulary good

same applies 50 mil and alls welcome to him

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

i've been watching dier pretty closely recently, and tbh he aint as cracked up as the media have made him, he aint the most intelligent of footballers, watch his contribution to the chavs  second goal, english commentators are piss poor and miss more than they spot his  distribution is borderline poor and with the emergence of  winks and wanyama making good, wouldnt worry to much about  him moving on, not to sure of who else is  ready to step up alfie and carms  will probably know, but 50 mil and your welcome to him.

as for rose,, he aint been around for ??? halfish of this season and we've oh so missed him,, NOT !!!, going forward he's a  threat but as a defender he's improved but still not particulary good

same applies 50 mil and alls welcome to him

His heart is not in it anymore and your overlooking something. He's best mates with Alli so if he goes will not be long for alli too. He's a top player he's only been with you 3 seasons and he's on 128 appearances so that alone disproves your remarks. He's very likely knackered at the moment.

46 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Oh my Buddha. I've put up with all this nonsense from Spurs fans on youth all for 1 bladdy player. Why oh why did I not investigate their claims sooner.

It was the same earlier in the week when I proved their nett spend claims where garbage.

Many thanks champers. I will take their statements and claims with a bigger pinch of salt in future.

Glad to be of service, Mr Bo J. Without wishing to pee all over your fireworks, it may be pertinent to the argument to advise that Spurs have more players from the City academy than City in their first team. Step forward Kieran Trippier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

yeah we bought walker when he was 19 along with naughton from sheff utd  and danny rose as a winger when he was 17 from leeds, ari reckoned rose was never gonna make it  as a winger, but stood a chance a bac   the rest is history, this buying from 'english' talent from the lower divs is a long standing policy that pleat introduced, who by the way a had a HUGE hand in the signing of deli ali.

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

His heart is not in it anymore and your overlooking something. He's best mates with Alli so if he goes will not be long for alli too. He's a top player he's only been with you 3 seasons and he's on 128 appearances so that alone disproves your remarks. He's very likely knackered at the moment.

'His heart aint in it', what absolute nonsence, ?' knackered after forty games a season for 3  seasons  more absolute dribble',he's 23 not 53!!!   and players get used to their mates moving on , its part of the pro game, you do talk some crap rc.

43 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

'His heart aint in it', what absolute nonsence, ?' knackered after forty games a season for 3  seasons  more absolute dribble',he's 23 not 53!!!   and players get used to their mates moving on , its part of the pro game, you do talk some crap rc.

Don't think for a moment do ya you muppet. Dier does 1 for 45m and gets a 130k a week hellooooo. Alli's like shiiiit I need some so don't pretend for a minute that's not how it is. Cos that's the way it is for most people. Endurance wise I believe dier is the top or top 2 performer for ground covered in games for you so every right to be off the boil towards end of season. His 40 games a season is like 55 games with ground covered. Man's a machine.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You forgot to mention Kane off to Arsenal cos he likes the pub down the road and our tea lady won't stock Jaffa cakes.

50m quid cos he's upset like.

Well he did spend a year there when he was 8. Those pubs are awful and kane don't drink. Must be good shandy.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Don't think for a moment do ya you muppet. Dier does 1 for 45m and gets a 130k a week hellooooo. Alli's like shiiiit I need some so don't pretend for a minute that's not how it is. Cos that's the way it is for most people. Endurance wise I believe dier is the top or top 2 performer for ground covered in games for you so every right to be off the boil towards end of season. His 40 games a season is like 55 games with ground covered. Man's a machine.

really!!! more assumptive  nonsence, seems  think yourself a mind reader now? dificult it maybe to take in , but you aint.   and i think you'll find that not just dier but the whole spurs team covers more ground than most.why? they just like playing for tottenham and more to the point poch,

8 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

really!!! more assumptive  nonsence, seems  think yourself a mind reader now? dificult it maybe to take in , but you aint.   and i think you'll find that not just dier but the whole spurs team covers more ground than most.why? they just like playing for tottenham and more to the point poch,

I think you will find that's what they are employed to do and whilst they may enjoy playing the game I think the rewards of the profession will be a big factor and if a lad gets offered double his wage to move; Makes sense he"ll jump ship then he'll whatsapp Alli his paycheck and you know the rest. Back to sniffing the lower leagues for you and a temporary stadium where your 1 in 4 win ratio will have you mid table by Christmas. 

Edited by Rc2702

Guys a few posts removed. Please refrain from name calling.

Not after sympathy here but the Mrs has had to fly home due to family illness. I'm home alone taking care of our 8 year old daughter so I really don't have time to monitor every single post.

Your patience if I miss something is appreciated

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Enjoyed that match

Hope all well young man.

Anyway 6-1 away at last season's champions says it all.

In terms of improvement its astonishing in three years, when we struggled to score goals and create opportunity.

The foitball being played by Spurs is just to be sat and enjoyed really.

Seen some great teams in the Premiership and this could become one of them too.

7 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

You quoting "real fans" on Twitter is questionable. You've taken comments in response to a game in January exactly when the switch began and you are sampling one game. 

We did this to death 2 years ago and obviously stats and PFA nominations are just hearsay to you. 

whose saying stats are hearsay?  your the one quoting stats i'm just breaking them down,  was it 11 penalties so  2 goals from open play in 30 plus match's aint great is it? or do you see that as good?  And i aint  quoting anything, it was your own clubs fan site  quoting supporters dissing gerrards role as a holding midfeilder,  i'm sure they would pic positive posts   if there were  any, but seems there wasnt  so i repeat like those liverpool fans as an driving attacking force he was truly inspirational a great leader  but as a holding midfeilder poor.