Tottenham Thread

chonabot

9 hours ago, balo said:

A world class player he is, he is very important player in the team, I would hate to see him go.

What will be will be but on the bright side at least it gives the same elements of the media and on here something to cheer about.  You know, losing all our players, crashing out, back in decline and all that toss.  

Well we were the Dele All team against Madrid, now i suppose were the Christian Eriksen team!!   :smile:

Joking apart, i hope i'm right but i can't help thinking that with all the recent press might have Arsenal end up taking too close attention to him and leaving gaps in the lines elsewhere for us to exploit.  Can't wait for this derby and we should consider it a must win if we are going to give City a run for it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Think you've always been the erekson team just as we used to be the silva team until kdb came along to also add craft.

Moussa Dembele was the heartbeat of the team a couple of seasons ago but since is old and injury prone.  I still believe that we are by far at our strongest when we can start with a fit Eriksen and Dembele.

However as last seasons stats clearly show we haven't suffered untoward with long term losses to any individual player, including Kane, a simple fact that some in the media find unacceptable even though the figures are there for all to see.  Pochettino builds his squad around being as adaptable as possible as i'm sure Guardiola does too.

So in short where not the Eriksen team either although i'm of course bitterly disappointed if he's not playing and we are weakened by it, but in no way wholly reliant.

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Can't wait for this derby and we should consider it a must win if we are going to give City a run for it.

Yeah, looking forward to this one. For sure, neither team will be parking the bus, so should be nice and open. Obviously my pref (as far as points go) would be an Arsenal win or a draw but as long as it's a good game I won't be too bothered on the outcome.

16 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah, looking forward to this one. For sure, neither team will be parking the bus, so should be nice and open. Obviously my pref (as far as points go) would be an Arsenal win or a draw but as long as it's a good game I won't be too bothered on the outcome.

Yeah, at the moment City have no real reason to worry about anyone whilst perhaps being conscious that the current run of form is unlikely to continue at this level the entire season.

Regards to result, we have to win to throw down a marker to City, but the greater need is from Arsenal and for Wenger's sake because if they lose, and take a beating theres going to be civil war within that club.  And they would be seven adrift of us and more than likely fifteen adrift of City before the end of november!!  Thats serious regression.

Its the biggest NLD in some time, especially for Arsene Wenger who hasn't beaten Spurs in the league since Pochettino took over some three years ago.

Pochettino confirms Alderweirald out till the new year.  Thats a real blow for us!!  They kept this one quiet, must have been a nasty tear,  strange because he walked off the pitch!!

Edited by carmine

9 hours ago, carmine said:

Pochettino confirms Alderweirald out till the new year.  Thats a real blow for us!!  They kept this one quiet, must have been a nasty tear,  strange because he walked off the pitch!!

Now that's the first bit of worthwhile content I have seen spew out from you in a while. Tremendous news absolutely tremendous.  Thanks, let's hope it keeps him on the sidelines a bit longer though eh.

13 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Now that's the first bit of worthwhile content I have seen spew out from you in a while. Tremendous news absolutely tremendous.  Thanks, let's hope it keeps him on the sidelines a bit longer though eh.

Dull and stupid is no way to go through life.  Man up, R2D2.

The Arsenal v SuperSpurs is one of the most interesting clashes for years between these two giants. Arsenal were superb against Everton and although the Toffeemen are a bit down-in-the-dumps it was a really good Arsenal performance. Spurs have shown recently that they can beat the best - as in RMd - and their confidence will be high. Coupled with that was Eriksen's performance in the International.

As with a lot of local rivalies the expectation of the match is often out of proportion; not this time I feel! If Spurs are to lay down any sort of persuit of City they have to win this one. As for Arsenal; well they are at home and are streets ahead in tearms of EPL history. They will want to put Spurs in their place and keep their North London authority.

Arsenal are favourites; just, and the injury to Alderweirald will make the home team just that little bit more confident.

26 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The Arsenal v SuperSpurs is one of the most interesting clashes for years between these two giants. Arsenal were superb against Everton and although the Toffeemen are a bit down-in-the-dumps it was a really good Arsenal performance. Spurs have shown recently that they can beat the best - as in RMd - and their confidence will be high. Coupled with that was Eriksen's performance in the International.

As with a lot of local rivalies the expectation of the match is often out of proportion; not this time I feel! If Spurs are to lay down any sort of persuit of City they have to win this one. As for Arsenal; well they are at home and are streets ahead in tearms of EPL history. They will want to put Spurs in their place and keep their North London authority.

Arsenal are favourites; just, and the injury to Alderweirald will make the home team just that little bit more confident.

Actually Spurs are the bookmakers favorites for this one, and they certainly maintain zero authority in north London having failed to beat us in three seasons.  I do agree though that its a must win for both sides, but for different reasons.

Wanyama and Alderweirald would of course both start if fit bit Oier's so far fitted seamlessly into a back three.  Wanyama is not easily replaceable but a Dembele/Winks combination is very capable.

I hope we sit back and hit them on the counter.  If we do i think it could be rather conclusive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Actually Spurs are the bookmakers favorites for this one, and they certainly maintain zero authority in north London having failed to beat us in three seasons.  I do agree though that its a must win for both sides, but for different reasons.

Wanyama and Alderweirald would of course both start if fit bit Oier's so far fitted seamlessly into a back three.  Wanyama is not easily replaceable but a Dembele/Winks combination is very capable.

I hope we sit back and hit them on the counter.  If we do i think it could be rather conclusive.

Pulling for Spurs tonight. In addition to Toby and Wanyama, here's hoping Kane and Alli are fit and ready to go. The break had to do them some good. I don't think Harry looked his usual self when he came back early from that hammy problem.

16 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Pulling for Spurs tonight. In addition to Toby and Wanyama, here's hoping Kane and Alli are fit and ready to go. The break had to do them some good. I don't think Harry looked his usual self when he came back early from that hammy problem.

Kane and All will start, very confident of that.   I'll go for;

Lloris

Sanchez  Dier  Vertonghen

Trippier                                                              Davies

Winks   Dembele

Allí                 Eriksen

Kane

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Sob sob lad. Hang the pillow case on the line in the morning. You two line turkey, get to bed.

A defeat like that hurts for sure but....

"Sanchez will only be quality between now and the end of the Jan transfer window. "

Shows you for the tw@t you are.

12 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

A defeat like that hurts for sure but....

"Sanchez will only be quality between now and the end of the Jan transfer window. "

Shows you for the tw@t you are.

Sore loser have another beer you red faced plum

Yet another poor away performance against a top six club.  One away win in sixteen now and thats not going to win leagues.  This needs to be addressed.  Arsenal really were not that good at all but Spurs just didn't turn up.  Eriksen given no space, Dele sloppy and ineffective, Sissiko a headless chicken, Died constantly losing Lacazette etc etc.  

Make no mistake, this wasn't about offside goals, which they were.  Thats irrelevant and we've been given our share this season.  This was about freezing on the big occasion whereby we needed to throw done that marker.  Probably wasn't a free kick either but woe betide the team if they make any relevance of this.

We need to address the bigger picture.  This is a deeply disappointing loss that we need to bounce back from and the 0ne in seventeen stat says it all.  Address this and we'll win the league, if we don't, we won't.

Theres no reason to create a crisis out of a derby loss, but, and heres the big but,  that statistic is deeply disturbing.  The entire management and squad need to sit down and look at this and discuss, take it on board and show they are going to deal with it,  December 16th would be that time.  Its simply not good enough to compete if you have greater aspirations and that would be the perfect occasion to make a statement.  Otherwise we'll simply remain the flamboyant nearly team 

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Sore loser have another beer you red faced plum

Actually its you thats the prize plum mate.  Save you stupid wind ups for somewhere else or share with creepy Peter and E/S.  Thats your level.  We'll address anything football related on here, win or lose but not your adolescent banal rubbish.  

I doubt you are a Liverpool fan either as you rarely post on that thread, but more like a United fan thats changed his name to come on here and troll.....very badly at that!  

Little R2D2, bless!:smile:

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yet another poor away performance against a top six club.  One away win in sixteen now and thats not going to win leagues.  This needs to be addressed.  Arsenal really were not that good at all but Spurs just didn't turn up.  Eriksen given no space, Dele sloppy and ineffective, Sissiko a headless chicken, Died constantly losing Lacazette etc etc.  

Make no mistake, this wasn't about offside goals, which they were.  Thats irrelevant and we've been given our share this season.  This was about freezing on the big occasion whereby we needed to throw done that marker.  Probably wasn't a free kick either but woe betide the team if they make any relevance of this.

We need to address the bigger picture.  This is a deeply disappointing loss that we need to bounce back from and the 0ne in seventeen stat says it all.  Address this and we'll win the league, if we don't, we won't.  

Nothing like the team which thrashed Madrid.

No intensity or clinical threat in the final third....utterly disappointing.

The sub needed was Sissoko off who was poor to dreadful and Winks on...that he took off Dembele tells its own story as did the other two subs...players not fit shouldn't be starting imho.