Tottenham Thread

chonabot

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Oh well, suppose its just a shame that the ignore feature is so crap.

The ignore button doesn't show posts from people you have on ignore. If someone replies who you don't have on ignore then their post will obviously become visable. Can't think of any other way it could work really. However, even if it does become visable, you can still choose to not respond as if you hadn't seen it anway.

As for double standards. The down side of having people on ignore is that you miss out on posts that could maybe have addressed your "double standards" concerns :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The ignore button doesn't show posts from people you have on ignore. If someone replies who you don't have on ignore then their post will obviously become visable. Can't think of any other way it could work really. However, even if it does become visable, you can still choose to not respond as if you hadn't seen it anway.

As for double standards. The down side of having people on ignore is that you miss out on posts that could maybe have addressed your "double standards" concerns :thumbsup:

If Carmine is unhappy with the ignore functions' limitations, the simple solution for him would be to put everybody on ignore :laugh: 

6 minutes ago, balo said:

Well we are back on 5th place again, I was hoping we would stay top 4 for good. Chelsea not been impressive lately but it will be a tough fight.

Alfie's result predictor, actual scores so far should be highlighted.

17-Jan-18                                    
SPURS   44 44   CHELS   47 47   MAN U   50 50   LIVERPOOL   47 47
    GUESS ACTUAL       GUESS ACTUAL       GUESS ACTUAL       GUESS ACTUAL
SOTON A 3 1   BRIGHTON A 3 3   BURNLEY A 1 3   SWANSEA A 3 0
MAN U H 1 3   BOURNE H 3 0   SPURS A 1 0   HUDDS  A 1 3
LIVERPOOL A 0 1   WATFORD A 3 0   HUDDS H 3 3   SPURS H 3 1
ARSENAL H 3 3   WEST BROM H 3 3   NEW A 3 0   SOTON A 3 3
PALACE A 1 1   MAN UTD A 1 1   CHELS H 1 1   WEST HAM H 3 3
HUDDS H 3 3   MAN CITY A 0 0   PALACE A 1 1   NEW H 3 3
BOURN A 3 3   PALACE H 3 3   LIVERPOOL H 1 1   UTD A 1 1
NEWCASTLE H 3 3   BURNLEY A 1 1   WEST HAM A 3 3   WATFORD H 3 3
CHELS A 1 1   SPURS H 1 1   SWANSEA H 3 3   PALACE A 1 1
STOKE A 3 3   WEST HAM H 3 3   CITY A 0 0   EVERTON A 1 1
MAN CITY H 1 1   SOTON A 3 3   WEST BROM H 3 3   BOURNE H 3 3
BRIGHTON A 3 3   HUDDS H 3 3   BOURNE A 3 3   WEST BROM A 3 3
WATFORD H 3 3   SWANSEA A 3 3   ARSE H 1 1   STOKE H 3 3
WEST BROM A 1 1   LIVERPOOL H 1 1   BRIGHTON A 3 3   CHELS A 1 1
LEICESTER H 3 3   NEW A 3 3   WATFORD H 3 3   BRIGHTON H 3 3
    76 77       81 75       80 78       82 79
Edited by alfieconn

I thought that overall it was an impressive performance from Spurs. I really cannot see Juve getting a result in the second leg.  I feel sorry for Buffon; that match will most probably be his last-ever CL match.

If Spurs manage to improve the defensive performance a bit, I think they can go all the way in CL this season.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Great fightback there and all to play for in the second leg.

Dembele was just brilliant last night.

100% spot on, some very poor defending from spurs, two poor tackles for the penalties, some poor defensive turnovers put the team at risk of break aways from juve.

dembele brilliant, juve sat back and he went at them.

the old lady are a cunning street smart lot, up to spurs to dominate them in the leg.

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Great fightback there and all to play for in the second leg.

Dembele was just brilliant last night.

he's going to be in demand in the summer that lad. particularly if he has a good world cup.

what sort of weekly wage is he on?

8 hours ago, balo said:

What a first half!  But Aurier could have ruined everything.  Anything can happen now. 

Agreed, Aurier was awful, first game back from injury could be the

reason, but he won't be playing in the second leg after his yellow

which may be a blessing in disguise.

The rest of the team were brilliant in showing fight & character,

Davies was a little unlucky with the foul for the first Pen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We're saving Trip and Toby for the more potent threat of mrboj's Rochdale. :post-4641-1156694083:

Rochdale even lost last night to Bristol R to give you a false sense of hope. Last weekends game got called off due to a bad pitch so it looks like preperations are going good for your visit :laugh:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Rochdale even lost last night to Bristol R to give you a false sense of hope. Last weekends game got called off due to a bad pitch so it looks like preperations are going good for your visit :laugh:

Hopefully the new pitch will be a bit better than the old one, mind you not sure how new turf can settle in a week ! 

Last time Juve let in 2 goals at home I think was oveer a year ago . Amazing game to watch . But Juventus will have a stronger team on Wembley with their top scorer Dybala back .  Can't wait! 

But it's Rochdale next .  :tongue:

On 2/13/2018 at 3:08 PM, mrbojangles said:

Thats <deleted>, it was allowed to continue way too long, and,  if my memory serves me correctly, only endorsed by BB, surprise surprise who's lack of football knowledge means he must troll or would have nothing at all to say.   Done with this <deleted>.

^Somebody taken umbridge? Certainly taking TV Football forum far too seriously, and continuing to be personally offensive which can not be right. Not sure what makes one poster think their opinion is superior to anothers. Ronnie can you have a word with your buddy and get him to lighten up.

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Thats <deleted>, it was allowed to continue way too long, and,  if my memory serves me correctly, only endorsed by BB, surprise surprise who's lack of football knowledge means he must troll or would have nothing at all to say.   Done with this <deleted>.

loser levy nick.has been amicably resolved.why keep on bitching.?