Using an Options Broker from Thailand

Mods, tried to see if their was a financial/investment section here but couldn't find it ......please move this if there is a more appropriate area that it should be in

Based in Thailand for four years and decided to carefully do some options investment . Any advice on online broker that I can use here and TT monies directly from either Australian or my Thai bank account.

Thanks in advance

Theres Plenty of options brokers you can use . Interactive Brokers is one its free , i can assist you with others if needed, generally there is a monthly fee for data.

The main problem i had dealing out of BKK was latency. you never knew when the system would go down or if prices where live or delayed during busiest parts of the day.

Areas of concern/risk is your connecting server into Oz from bkk , not the same as local area connection strength. Although the Thais say its ok , in reality its a different story.

Interactive Brokers is a web based application so it gets around connectivity issues, But has its own issues anyway.

Its a great way of funding life in asia . What sort of monies you looking at ? level of experience ? frequency of trades etc this will all depend on what type system you need. Bit like a car really.

If you stuck let me know, I can hook you up with someone.

Being an Aussie, I used OptionsXpress based in the US, but now they have an Australian office where all my enquiries are handled. I'm sure you could deposit/withdraw from an Aussie bank account whilst living in Thailand. It is all done online anyway. Not sure what their policy is with regards to a Thai bank, but I'm sure their customer service people could help you out. I've always been happy with their service and platform. Cheers.