Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Heinzvarieties,

Addressing people correctly is always a nice way to start

a relationship.

love as always......

yes i agree totally,

as being polite to people like my brilliant self is, is always a nice way to start isn't it ? :D

treat a punter how you would like him to treat you. !!! :D

thats why im always polite to all you punters out there. :D

also because im a bleeding top bloke. :D

cheers to all my friends :o

And there was me thinking all Aussies spoke broken English and sounded like retards :o:D Must have been Kiwis i was thinking about :D:D

Not to mention us Londoners, cor blimey, strewth, apples & pears, trouble & strife, alai nah ? :D

just goes on dont it,

dogs eye, how's your mutha, pory's pies, dead set, and me and you could go on forever my fine friend.

the reason being :

we are well endowed with knowlege, and being well versed in the queens english in only a way that us intelligent fellows could ever be. :D

cheers me old mate :D

ps il'l have a few dogs ears down the rubbity dud dub for you mate,

blimey, i just got to make sure i dont tell to many pork pies to the trouble and stife.

OK I can relate to the OP on this matter in a slight way. My GF works a good office job and speaks English well. However she will not understand the full complexities of sentence structures etc and I more often than not find myslf simplifying the way I express myself so as not to have to repeat myself.

I suppose this is laziness on both parts but it is an easier way to communicate. I speak Thai to a certain degree and I know that she (and the neighbourhood) does the same thing with me to make conversation smoother.

Interesting topic and definately something that I will address !

Kankaroo.

OK I can relate to the OP on this matter in a slight way. My GF works a good office job and speaks English well. However she will not understand the full complexities of sentence structures etc and I more often than not find myslf simplifying the way I express myself so as not to have to repeat myself.

I suppose this is laziness on both parts but it is an easier way to communicate. I speak Thai to a certain degree and I know that she (and the neighbourhood) does the same thing with me to make conversation smoother.

Kankaroo.

dont bleeding worry about it skippy, :D

your only a human and ain't perfect in every way, :D

kangaroo's need love too. :D

ring your mate up and head of to the rubbity for a pint. :D

cheers mate :o

QUOTE(kurgen @ 2006-08-21 10:14:03)

QUOTE(GuestHouse @ 2006-08-21 13:51:29)

I once interviewed a Scotsman for a job in Thailand who spoke absolute babel 'big big' etc. I asked him how long he'd been in Thailand, his response 4 months. He came across as a halfwit and needless to say he did not get the job.

A halfwit in Scotland is considered gifted

And a halfwit in Pattaya is considered normal!!

:o:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D

I can relate to the OP - I've been here for quite a few years and don't go back to my "home" very often. I find that when I do, my old mates say I don't speak the same. I often forget English words, but I NEVER resort to Tinglish. Thai or proper English, except maybe when speaking to my young daughter, when I use baby English. It's a real handicap for Thais learning English when their teacher speaks Tinglish.

Edited by Neeranam

Kankaroo.

It seems to be an easy habit to slip into, but it will do nothing to help the other party improve their English.

I would never dream of doing so with my Thai girlfriend, as she would probably react in the same way as I would if she spoke pidgin Thai to me. :D

A few months ago a friend from England (let's call him Colin...) was over and we met up one evening. Over dinner in company, I asked him what he had been up to since his arrival.

He responded with something like: "Last night Colin he go bar beer dink too mut. Tomollow Colin he not dink he go play golf. Colin dink too mut no good. Colin he be good boy few day head he hurt too mut."

I let him carry on to that point, thinking he was obviously having a laugh, but when he came back from "Colin go pee pee now" and continued in the same vein, I politely asked him who on earth he thought he was talking to (or words to that effect).

From his immediate pause and bewildered expression at my remark, it was clear that he did not even realise that he had been speaking to me in the manner of a seasoned retard.

As for the OP, if he has been in his situation for some two years as he claims, I cannot fathom why he has not made the effort to learn to speak Thai. :o

That would not only solve his 'problem', it would be to his own benefit... :D

Donzo, you'll be late for your finger painting class...... hurry up. :D

Stupid & excessive use of the smiley button has nowt to do with moderating, but, you wouldn't know that & never will.

:D

Hi Heinzvarieties,

a relationship.

love as always......

yes i agree totally,

as being polite to people like my brilliant self is, is always a nice way to start isn't it ? :D

treat a punter how you would like him to treat you. !!! :D

thats why im always polite to all you punters out there. :D

cheers to all my friends :D

Oh Bugger off! :D

You sitill waiting on that brew from Tots aren't ya???

(So am I... :o:D )

Donzo, you'll be late for your finger painting class...... hurry up. :D

Stupid & excessive use of the smiley button has nowt to do with moderating, but, you wouldn't know that & never will.

:D

Hi Heinzvarieties,

a relationship.

love as always......

yes i agree totally,

as being polite to people like my brilliant self is, is always a nice way to start isn't it ?

treat a punter how you would like him to treat you. !!!

thats why im always polite to all you punters out there.

cheers to all my friends :D

im telling you kayo,

that tots is starting to lose my respect as he aint come through with the larger. :D

how about giving him a rasberry will you !!!!!

cheers mate :D

im telling you kayo,

that tots is starting to lose my respect as he aint come through with the larger. :D

how about giving him a rasberry will you !!!!!

cheers mate :D

Wishes, commands, all that....

post-12676-1156353398.gifpost-12676-1156353431.gif

post-12676-1156353398.gifpost-12676-1156353398.gifpost-12676-1156353398.gifpost-12676-1156353398.gifpost-12676-1156353398.gif