BKK to Surin by Bus - any comments / experience

kanderson

Since I can't fly to Surin and car with driver seems a bit expensive ( from Ubon to Surin ) my first instinct would be sleeper train.

Maybe someone could tell me if I might be miserable on the Bus ride.

I have the money but if I could save on transport I could spend it on a more expensive hotel or something.

Any comments appreciated.

Yellow bus goes from rama 2, 350 baht, forget how much it is from Morchit now. You can fly to Roi Et, about 2 hours by car to Surin town. The bus is miserable.

Buriram Airport (actually in Satuk) is a lot nearer to Surin. I have used that route many times.
  • Like 1

I've had one really nice bus ride from Chang Mai - enjoyed it better than the train.

Also one miserable one where I got sick from eating a tuna sandwich at one of the stops.

The toilet was full of turds - as I was puking. Something hard to forget.

this is why I hadn't thought about the bus.

Maybe it's getting the proper bus ? Or don't eat tuna sandwich unless you make it yourself.

Roi Et I had no info on that - opens new possibility.

I've ridden on NCA.co.th from Surin to Bangkok and from Buriram to Bangkok. Excellent service, safe and clean buses. Gold class is my personal experience, the higher grade First class was not offered the days I rode the bus. I believe you will not be as pleased with Silver Class or Economy class. Easy to order the tickets on the telephone and pay at 7-11.

I hope their bus service is better than that website