What and how to pack on a road trip.

NoshowJones

I toured Australia for 3 month in 1998 on a Kawa klr650 enduro bike.

All I carried was a army issue green bag with straps so you could carry it on your back, it was very sturdy and could actually carry a lot.

Not tools expect what came with the bike ( I bought the bike used) and that was enough.

I am also convinced that carrying tools (expect standard tool bag) is a waste of efforts, you have small road side bike/car shops all over Thailand so if you need to adjust your chain, you just stop at one and pay 20-50 baht and they will help you out or borrow you tools.

And as JonnyF said, pick-up trucks all over the place and for 1-2000 baht they will drive you and your bike a long way.

Bring extra under wear, a fart gone wrong can only be saved by a new pair (after washing your ass off-course), he-he.

Socks are obviously also a must, one day in the boots and the smell from them is not nice to put it mildly.

• Like 1

Bring extra under wear, a fart gone wrong can only be saved by a new pair (after washing your ass off-course), he-he.

This must be an old man thing! tongue.png

Too much chilli after a night out the day before.

Thankfully only happened once and I was home in the house, my wife was laughing her ass off, he-he.

Under wear binned. rolleyes.gif

Edited by guzzi850m2

A road trip on a PCX...good luck with that. Get at least a 400/500cc bike for any road trip.

Going on road trips also means riding in cities, a big bike has more advantage out on the open road, but one with saddle bags etc, will have less chance of splitting lanes, or getting to the front of traffic at lights, especially in Bangkok.

A smaller bike, ie, PCX, is much better for splitting lanes, even with saddlebags.

3 cameras and loads of associated cables. sat navs and other totally unnecessary electrical junk, loads of spare clothes that I probably won't need. Me Kettle and PG Tips. proper milk! and not to forget the Kitchen sink,

1601277_10152731003730828_56587640780434

Will your kettle not take up a bit of space? I water boiler is much more convenient.