Elton John urges Dolce and Gabbana boycott over 'synthetic' babies

webfact

Elton John urges Dolce and Gabbana boycott over 'synthetic' babies

LONDON (AFP) - British pop legend Elton John called for a boycott of Dolce and Gabbana on Sunday after one of the designers behind the Italian fashion label condemned IVF babies as "synthetic".

The 67-year-old singer-songwriter, who has two young sons with husband David Furnish born via a surrogacy arrangement, attacked Domenico Dolce for his "archaic thinking".

"How dare you refer to my beautiful children as ’synthetic’," John said in a posting on Instagram.

"And shame on you for wagging your judgemental little fingers at IVF -- a miracle that has allowed legions of loving people, both straight and gay, to fulfil their dream of having children.

"Your archaic thinking is out of step with the times, just like your fashions. I shall never wear Dolce and Gabbana ever again. #BoycottDolceGabbana."

He was responding to an interview that Dolce, a practising Catholic who for many years was in a gay relationship with his business partner Stefano Gabbana, gave to Italy’s Panorama magazine.

"You are born and you have a father and a mother," the designer said, according to the magazine’s online edition.

"Or at least that’s the way it should be, and that’s why I’m not convinced by children from chemistry, synthetic babies, uteruses for rent, semen chosen from a catalogue."

John married his long-term partner Furnish in December in a star-studded ceremony attended by their two sons, four-year-old Zachary and two-year-old Elijah.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Elton-John-urges-Dolce-and-Gabbana-boycott-over-sy-30256107.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-16

They arent exactly synthetic but are hardly a natural occurrence either.

PC drama queens getting some publicity the lot of them.... including D&G who were probably well aware of the stir it would cause... any publicity is good publicity etc etc

..................and the next time you call me a sissy, I'm going to hit over the head with my $20,000 Gauche bag!

And throw my hair at you.

Old Elton seems to be developing even more ego..... I really do not care who he wants people to boycott.

I think his morals are all up the shitter, if he is a catholic, how come he agree's with a man marrying a man then, but not bringing up a kid in the same sex relationship, I think he will loose a lot of big fans for his product, not that he cares with his money, and Elton john should pick his dummy up that he threw out, I recall him being a bit of a prick many a time as well.

In the real world we live in, does anyone really give a toss what Reg Dwight and D&G think? Personally I don't listen to crappy music or wear clothing that could feed the 5,000.

Yeh, as I have said before,I remember seeing Elton playing the piano,,,,George Michael walked up behind him and said.. Hi Elton,Can i push your stool in?

• Like 2

I was already boycotting them ... unintentionally.

Really, I like Elton John but he is making a fool of himself acting like this is an issue worth elevating to this degree.

So many more important things to protest about in the gay rights space.

Particularly, as I posted on another thread, the wave of murders of gay people by ISIS.

I was already boycotting them ... unintentionally.

Really, I like Elton John but he is making a fool of himself acting like this is an issue worth elevating to this degree.

So many more important things to protest about in the gay rights space.

Particularly, as I posted on another thread, the wave of murders of gay people by ISIS.

Unfortunately we're living in a world where a petition to free a jailed Saudi blogger struggles to get 100,000 signatures and a petition to get some overgrown public schoolboy back doing some crap tv programme gets a million.

• Like 2