Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

30 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:
On 8/27/2021 at 11:09 AM, ubonjoe said:

That is a new common problem. It means you local office did not update your your online report records when you did your extension of stay.

I get that on the app, is it incompetence, laziness or by design just to make life difficult ?

Is it the local immigration officer that did not update the yearly ext. records on the computer ?

If that was the case , why do they not correct it when we have been in to our respective Immi. offices and let them look at the overstay on the app. 

Or is it a central office that receives the info. from local offices , but for whatever reason the info. is not entered into the central office computer ?

17 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Is it the local immigration officer that did not update the yearly ext. records on the computer ?

If that was the case , why do they not correct it when we have been in to our respective Immi. offices and let them look at the overstay on the app. 

It is a different system that they need to update from the main one they do update when a extension is done.

It seems some offices are unable to do it or do not know how to fix it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Mrs just spent 40 mins phoning again, most numbers just cut off. Called the boss at Samut Prakan who was very helpful who gave another number, they answered. The explanation was info is being uploaded to a new data base will correct itself in time, just ignore the over stay notice. But online reporting will not work while the system shows overstay- have another try if it does not work send a letter stating you tried online but it did not work due to the wrong overstay information. Almost 3 months to upload a simple data entry seems rather a long time. Don't think I will trust the letter writing suggestion. 

I sent them several emails with screenshots of the error and photos of my passport and the visa. The answer was "                 ". No, that is too optimistic. It was "". 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

I sent them several emails with screenshots of the error and photos of my passport and the visa. The answer was "                 ". No, that is too optimistic. It was "". 

Ah so did I they just called back and asked what email address I used- apparently the one on the app for my area is not the right one, no point asking what it's doing there. No point either sending to the new address as nobody you talk to in person appears to be able to do anything,  they are great at coming up with excuses and daft explanations though! We have to be patient apparently it's not just us ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Advocate said:

It is incompetence.

I have been complaining to the Ombudsman for over 12 months and it is still not fixed.

I do not believe the fix requires any action during the visa renewal because such action can be done any time. It is just keystrokes on a computer.

There is no doubt it is incompetence. I will be submitting about my tenth complaint with the Ombudsman who does not appear to do anything.

Please can you let me know the address of the ombudsman. I used to complain every 90 days before they had the online version, asking them to create an online version. ... they must have buckled under my letter writing! (Or I'd like to believe that) I rather enjoy the complaining. 

• Haha 1

Another successful online report done using the mobile app done this mooring. Got instant approval again.

Discovered that the popup you get when opening the app showing your permit to stay date is coming from your most recent 90 day report.

Before report                         And after

image.png.660d9beb3225a744fbf352e6750f1037.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Another successful online report done using the mobile app done this mooring. Got instant approval again.

Discovered that the popup you get when opening the app showing your permit to stay date is coming from you most recent 90 day report.

Before report                         And after

image.png.660d9beb3225a744fbf352e6750f1037.png

So you did your yearly extenison in August and had no problem doing the online 90-day report? 

My next online report (I've only done it twice and worked both times) is due mid November and my Extension is due October. Hopefulyl I won't have any problems with the 90day report and the extension of stay date will have changed. Hopefully they will update that in their system before I do my 90day report. 

21 minutes ago, DavisH said:

So you did your yearly extenison in August and had no problem doing the online 90-day report? 

Yes

But I am now on the 30 under consideration period for it.

Putting my new extension date for next year changed the popup message.

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

But I am now on the 30 under consideration period for it.

Putting my new extension date for next year changed the popup message.

I see.Mine is a non-B (for work), so I will see how it goes. I think I will inform the officer that Im doing online reports and see what he says. 

What was the popup message you got?

Edited by DavisH

I tried to argue with the Immigration lady yesterday at Muang Thong Tani about the failure of the online reporting but she infuriated me with kind, polite chatter. Outrageous. 

She explained they are moving the database onto an entirely new system so it could take 2 or 3 months. 

She suggested I use the postal system if the online doesn't work at any point in the future. This requires sending the documents at least 15 days before the last day. The online can only be used 14days or later. So if anyone knows any good time machines on Lazada then please let me know. 

By the way, my strategy of turning up in the afternoon paid off. There tends to be crowds in the mornings, but when I arrived at 1:15pm on Friday, there was not a single other foreigner. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Does the "status overstay" just appear on the app, or the website too? 

Only on the app.

The website only gives one message when submitting page one and that is the one to contact your local office.

The app will give a message that you are not within the reporting window or overstay in some cases when trying to submit a report.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gaccha said:

I tried to argue with the Immigration lady yesterday at Muang Thong Tani about the failure of the online reporting but she infuriated me with kind, polite chatter. Outrageous. 

She explained they are moving the database onto an entirely new system so it could take 2 or 3 months. 

She suggested I use the postal system if the online doesn't work at any point in the future. This requires sending the documents at least 15 days before the last day. The online can only be used 14days or later. So if anyone knows any good time machines on Lazada then please let me know. 

By the way, my strategy of turning up in the afternoon paid off. There tends to be crowds in the mornings, but when I arrived at 1:15pm on Friday, there was not a single other foreigner. 

Took 55 days from the day mailed to the day it was returned via EMS for my last 90 day which I mailed in instead of driving into MTT.  Insanity, as with my next 90 day due 2 days before my next extension of stay I will not be mailing it in, but instead driving to MTT and wading through the que so that there are no issues when it comes time to extend at CW.  One would hope that we could just skip the 90 day BS when many of us reside in the same location and have for years.  Do away with it like they did for having to do a TM30 every time you returned from being on vacation to another part of Thailand.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

One would hope that we could just skip the 90 day BS when many of us reside in the same location and have for years.

I have lived at the same address since 2000 but when I 90 day report in person they do not ask me where I live or even ask me to confirm that I live in the same place. In fact, they don't ask me anything!

[Edit: and I don't complete and submit a TM47]

Edited by Yorkie

On 9/4/2021 at 1:19 PM, Yorkie said:

I have lived at the same address since 2000 but when I 90 day report in person they do not ask me where I live or even ask me to confirm that I live in the same place. In fact, they don't ask me anything!

[Edit: and I don't complete and submit a TM47]

Lived at our address 10 years, they want 5 pp copies and one of the last TM30!

• Confused 1

I did my 90 report this morning, thought I would share the experience. 

Last time I made an appointment for 9am which worked fantastically and I was in and out in 10 mins. This time with no appointment as the website is down I was expecting the worst, I was pleasantly surprised.

I arrived just at 9am all of the seats were taken but the lady calls people up in groups of 10 so as soon as I pick up a form and filled it in there were seats available. I brought my earphones expecting I will have enough time to watch some TV but soon realised the lady was calling the next 10 up very quickly, so didn't bother. 

From walking in and walking out took 30mins. Walked in, filled out a form, joined the queue which maybe 10 people in, the lady (doing 3 different jobs, there was only 1 lady working, last time I was there there were 4) checked it and gave me a blue card with a number on, I sat down for 10-15mins, number 130 to 140 got called out then you walk to the office, stamp stamp, done. Very well organised, lots of social distancing.

Twice in 2 days I have been impressed with Thailand and organising; yesterday I was vaccinated in and out in 1 hour and today with my 90 report. Normally I curse them for it but credit where credit is due.

Special shout out to the lone lady doing 3 peoples job at 8:30am, she didn't rest for 3seconds when I was there. Checking documents, getting the next 10 people in the right order, shouting out the numbers in English and Thai all at the same time. I wouldn't be working that hard on a Monday morning. 

• Like 2

Another one affected by the extension problem. Last online 90-day report worked (Bangkok)  but I've since done an extension of stay and now can't do the 90 days online. I suppose my mail-in deadline was yesterday but I'm just going to send it in by mail anyway. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Another one affected by the extension problem. Last online 90-day report worked (Bangkok)  but I've since done an extension of stay and now can't do the 90 days online. I suppose my mail-in deadline was yesterday but I'm just going to send it in by mail anyway. 

Bangkok immigration want it mailed 15 days before but if they get it 7 days before your report date they will process it. Best to send it by EMS so it gets to them the next day.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Benbkk26 said:

I did my 90 report this morning, thought I would share the experience. 

Last time I made an appointment for 9am which worked fantastically and I was in and out in 10 mins. This time with no appointment as the website is down I was expecting the worst, I was pleasantly surprised.

I arrived just at 9am all of the seats were taken but the lady calls people up in groups of 10 so as soon as I pick up a form and filled it in there were seats available. I brought my earphones expecting I will have enough time to watch some TV but soon realised the lady was calling the next 10 up very quickly, so didn't bother. 

From walking in and walking out took 30mins. Walked in, filled out a form, joined the queue which maybe 10 people in, the lady (doing 3 different jobs, there was only 1 lady working, last time I was there there were 4) checked it and gave me a blue card with a number on, I sat down for 10-15mins, number 130 to 140 got called out then you walk to the office, stamp stamp, done. Very well organised, lots of social distancing.

Twice in 2 days I have been impressed with Thailand and organising; yesterday I was vaccinated in and out in 1 hour and today with my 90 report. Normally I curse them for it but credit where credit is due.

Special shout out to the lone lady doing 3 peoples job at 8:30am, she didn't rest for 3seconds when I was there. Checking documents, getting the next 10 people in the right order, shouting out the numbers in English and Thai all at the same time. I wouldn't be working that hard on a Monday morning. 

The is great to hear as I have to go there next week and was not succesful doing anything online.

On 9/4/2021 at 12:19 PM, ubonjoe said:

Only on the app.

The website only gives one message when submitting page one and that is the one to contact your local office.

The app will give a message that you are not within the reporting window or overstay in some cases when trying to submit a report.

So by "overstay" they mean that I have to submit more than 14 days before he reporting day?

10 minutes ago, drronnie said:

So by "overstay" they mean that I have to submit more than 14 days before he reporting day?

The overstay is for your permit to stay not the report.

For the report you get a message that you are not within the 15 days before window (message is out of date and says 7 days also).

I did mine on the first day I could do it online. The day before I got the outside the window message.

8 minutes ago, drronnie said:

No, the message regarding "overstay" is erroneous based on bad data in the immigration database (or the failure to enter good data into the database used to track 90-Day Reports).  It's a known flaw in the 90 day online reporting app.  If you check your passport and your current permission to stay has not expired you are not on overstay, despite what the app may say.

You don't go on overstay because you are late filing a 90-Day Report.  If you are more than 7 days late filing you are subject to a 2,000 baht fine the next time you conduct business at the immigration office.

You are supposed to be able to use the online (website and app) 90-Day Reporting systems in the window of 14 days before your due date up until your due date.  But due to a failure on the part of the immigration system your data might not be up-to-date in their database.  Not your fault, but nothing much you can do about it, either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Can you do a 90 day report at a different immigration office than the one where the extension is issued?

No

Apparently you are on a mobile device. I suggest installing the app. It will give different messages than only the contact your local office that can be caused by a simple error when completing page one.

Links for the apps are posted in the OP on page one of this topic.

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No

Apparently you are on a mobile device. I suggest installing the app. It will give different messages than only the contact your local office that can be caused by a simple error when completing page one.

Links for the apps are posted in the OP on page one of this topic.

No luck with the app also.

2,000 baht fine it is then.

Screenshot_20210908-062832.jpg

10 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

No luck with the app also.

2,000 baht fine it is then.

That does not mean you are late doing your report.

That means that you last extension of stay you did at immigration was not entered in the system and it is saying you are on a overstay. Apparently you applied for a new extension in March.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

That does not mean you are late doing your report.

That means that you last extension of stay you did at immigration was not entered in the system and it is saying you are on a overstay. Apparently you applied for a new extension in March.

Correct. My 90 day report is due September 19th, in 11 days, and yes I did renew my extension in March.

Still, since I am unable to return to CW do I have any options or just skip it and take the 2k fine later?

I am in Koh Tao and there is a local immigration office here, worth contacting them?