Rain again.

backstairs

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the foods still present at Nai Yang? I'm thinking of riding there to take some flood photos.

Any other areas inundated?

That other newsite is reporting airport road now open, as of 10:30 this morning it had been inundated, traffic diverted.

I heard slip at Cape Panwa, but thats pretty far for you oilinki !

Are the foods still present at Nai Yang? I'm thinking of riding there to take some flood photos.

That other newsite is reporting airport road now open, as of 10:30 this morning it had been inundated, traffic diverted.

Thanks GOM,

Cape Panwa is definitely too far for me, especially in this weather, when it's impossible to say if the heavy rain starts again.

If the road is open again, it might not be a good reason enough to take the ride.

Thanks GOM,

Cape Panwa is definitely too far for me, especially in this weather, when it's impossible to say if the heavy rain starts again.

If the road is open again, it might not be a good reason enough to take the ride.

My forecast: rains are finished, tomorrow will be good as well.

I managed to get only to the Susco location on Thephasarati road. It was inundated once again. I did not want to get through the water with scooter.

I could have taken the more southern way to Nai Yang, but at that point I had some water vapour inside of my camera lens. It was not worth the trip.

I'll upload some photos of the Susco gasoline station, if I can remove the fog on the photos.

Thanks GOM,

My forecast: rains are finished, tomorrow will be good as well.

Nice afternoon, but a shower right now to prove my forecast wrong. Hope tomorrow will still be ok :)

so how bad is it in phuket im there 12th September. at least the drought seems to be taken care of and the white water rafting will be vigorous and the jungle blooming so it cant be that bad. UNLESS bangla road is flooded killing the night-lifepost-4641-1156694606.gif then i will be a unhappy boy!!!!!

Visibility is pretty bad and with a slight smell of smoke in the air, not sure I believe the gazette report about this not being from the Indo fires. Friends in Singapore were complaining about the haze a few days ago and I remember thinking that I was glad we weren't getting it...............

Visibility is pretty bad and with a slight smell of smoke in the air, not sure I believe the gazette report about this not being from the Indo fires. Friends in Singapore were complaining about the haze a few days ago and I remember thinking that I was glad we weren't getting it...............

At the moment when I ride my bike early morning my eyes are hurting. So I'm sure there's something in the air that's not supposed to be there.

At the moment when I ride my bike early morning my eyes are hurting. So I'm sure there's something in the air that's not supposed to be there.

There is no smell at Ao Por. Think it's just small local fires, which adds the smoke in to air. Now there is no wind at all and I think the lower layer of air can not get up.

Thus it's really, really hot and the air feels heavier.

I just went up to a one hill to see how the fog looks from there. There was a bit less white fog on upper layers / hills.

Also authorities now say it is from the Indonesian fires, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/851548-phuket-health-advisory-issued-over-forest-fire-haze/. I believe it has been for some days already though, and is not from today.

Someone where I am said it's raining in Kata now? Looked to me like this grey was more of the smoke.

RE for Edit: Disregard, just started, not really rain as much as just sprinkle here in Rawai

Was nothing much in Kata, plus lasted only 5 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...