Rain again.

backstairs

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of wind too! My power was out in Rawai for almost two and a half hours this morning… I guess it a was welcome back home. I really didn't miss power outages while at our house in California.

No power for several hours at Phuket Bangkok hospital this morning, apart from emergency systems..

After fasting overnight for blood tests, I was looking forward to a good cup of coffee to get me going, but no hot food was available at the café.

Oh the horror!

Apart from the power outages, I also love this weather. Cool, wet and gusty. My pool is overflowing and the waterfall on the hill is pumping.

I live very close to the hills and the storms come over them from the west, but then seem to swirl around and blow gale force from the opposite direction! Interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

How I dislike these days with continuous rain. If I had enough popcorn in home, I would survive with it for a day, but I run already out of it. Now I have to ride to a restaurant.

I was complaining about the cold earlier. While riding back home, old tree had fallen to the road. I had to clear it out to get home. I don't feel cold anymore :-/

• 1 month later...

Must admit I think this year has been one of the worst for ages. Even a couple of years ago I remember between July and Oct there were several sunny days a week. This year REALLY crap. Add the smog and the humidity, great :(

Confused. Was in Phuket for all of October and it only rained a couple of days. Sunny quite a bit (I have the tan to prove it). Haze was bad on some days. I was in Patong.

When I was living full time 5 - 10 years ago, October seemed to be much wetter. Rained most days and even spilled over into early November.

Must admit I think this year has been one of the worst for ages. Even a couple of years ago I remember between July and Oct there were several sunny days a week. This year REALLY crap. Add the smog and the humidity, great sad.png

Confused. Was in Phuket for all of October and it only rained a couple of days. Sunny quite a bit (I have the tan to prove it). Haze was bad on some days. I was in Patong.

When I was living full time 5 - 10 years ago, October seemed to be much wetter. Rained most days and even spilled over into early November.

I would agree with that, October is usually much wetter, and November used to get some rain. Even the odd year the rain lasted through December. These years it's impossible to know what sort of weather we will get.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quite large rainfront just hit Ao Por. So Kamala will have this one in 15-30 minutes.

Shot: move your beers inside.

Very small rain cloud accrding to the airport rain radar. Be gone in 10 minutes and moving north. Kamala will likey be dry..

Actually it was just like that. I did not even check the rain radar. I just saw that my whole view was covered with incoming rain.