Water help Needed

swbaggies

I have to have water delivered by truck. At the moment I am being quoted 300 baht for 2000 liters. I think this is way too expensive

If you know of a cheaper source please be so kind as to pass on information. I live near Cherngtalay.

If you could give me any telephone numbers or locations of companies to try that would be great

Thanks

300 baht for 2,000 liters by truck is a fair price. I pay 1,200 baht for 12,000 liters. It's the trucking cost charge that is the big expense.

Big difference to tap water. Paid 130 Baht for 9.000 liters last month.

What do you consider 'tap water'. Is that government piped in water ? I have gov water in Patong, but they only could supply 13,000 liters last month (cost 192 baht incl meter charge & tax), so that's an average of 400 liters/day, but I need at least 3,000 liters per day for our guests.

What do you consider 'tap water'. Is that government piped in water ? I have gov water in Patong, but they only could supply 13,000 liters last month (cost 192 baht incl meter charge & tax), so that's an average of 400 liters/day, but I need at least 3,000 liters per day for our guests.

Government piped in water incl. charge&tax.

Patong is tricky.

I just want to know where they pull the water from that they truck in. I've heard horror stories of people getting some foul smelling stench delivered.

You are very correct there. the last days before rain arrives and the water smell is very doubious. But what can you do when you can't get any one else to deliver?

I just want to know where they pull the water from that they truck in. I've heard horror stories of people getting some foul smelling stench delivered.

You are very correct there. the last days before rain arrives and the water smell is very doubious. But what can you do when you can't get any one else to deliver?

What about some chlorine tablets, or a dash of liquid chlorine? Might kiill the smell, and stop ear and skin infections.

Edited by NamKangMan

What about some chlorine tablets, or a dash of liquid chlorine? Might kiill the smell, and stop ear and skin infections.

Standard procedure. I use a little bit of swim pool chlorine granules. But we are going way off topic now.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

My water has been off for a while (going into 4th day today), need to have my tank filled - will be depleted sometime today I reckon.

I am in the Kathu area, does any have the contact details for a water supplier? Any help appreciated.

300/2000L is what I pay. Most of these guys are territorial, almost like taxi mafia, at least here in Kamala they are IMHO.

1 teaspoon/20L is a standard mix with household chlorine bleach (the blue bottle) to kill the smell.