Phuket woman arrested for theft eight years after incident

Lite Beer

Phuket woman arrested for theft eight years after incident
Eakkapop Thongtub

1429418316_1-org.jpg

Crime suppression police arrested Khawnjit on Wednesday.

PHUKET: A 34-year-old woman was arrested on Wednesday (April 15) for a theft she committed in 2007.

At 5:30pm, police arrested Khawnjit Singjanteig, also known as Rungsiri Cameron, from Nakorn Sri Thammarat, after originally being issued with the arrest warrant on June 5, 2007.

Lt Col Torsak Panklinphut revealed that on May 5, 2007, a European man filed a theft against the suspect at Kathu police station.

The victim said Khawnjit spent the night with him at a hotel in Patong and stole several valuable items when she left the next morning.

Khawnjit left Phuket and hid from the police in a rented house on Prachasongkrow Road, in Huai Khwang, Bangkok.

Khawnjit changed her name to Rungsiri Cameron while living a new life in Bangkok.

Khawnjit is now at Kathu police station to face her charge.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-woman-arrested-for-theft-eight-years-after-incident-51926.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-19

Not guilty!

Only one police officer and no one pointing a finger at her in the photo. biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Seriously I believe that it is time they started to publish the names of the victims as well - often they are cheating on their families/loved ones which I think is nearly as bad as stealing from strangers. coffee1.gif

Cheating, committing adultery, having relationships with other outside whatever single permanent relationship, etc may well be despicable - but unless it is against the law, which it isn't in most countries, then it isn't illegal,

Thieving and stealing someone else's property is.

See the difference?

You are not the decider of world's morality.

• Like 2

I don't get it. She had a one-nighter and stole stuff.. How would they know her name? How would the guy know her full name to give to plod? Unless she laft her ID or something in which case she's got to be the dumbest hooker out there

I don't get it. She had a one-nighter and stole stuff.. How would they know her name? How would the guy know her full name to give to plod? Unless she laft her ID or something in which case she's got to be the dumbest hooker out there

Hotels normally take the ID of the girls entering the room as a guest.

Trust me, I have experience.

Does Thailand have what's called a statute of limitation?

I'm going to guess including all the incidents of paying a bribe to a cop or a governmental official during the last 8 years, there's probably been 20 MILLION prosecutable crimes committed in the wonderful Kingdom.

Congratulations to the long arm of the impressive arresting police officers for keeping the country safe or safer?

I'll sleep more soundly tonight.

I'm going to guess including all the incidents of paying a bribe to a cop or a governmental official during the last 8 years, there's probably been 20 MILLION prosecutable crimes committed in the wonderful Kingdom.

Congratulations to the long arm of the impressive arresting police officers for keeping the country safe or safer?

If you really think that a hooker who moved far away would be paying bribes to not get arrested for a common theft I feel sorry for you.

Change her name after they issue an arrest warrant ?

...is that all it takes....

...I guess my friends are right as to why my wife changed her name....

...deny me health care from the company she works for.....

...deny any involvement in joint assets with me....

...reassuring...(NOT)

Statute of limitation is 2 years.

And where did you get that information ?

I have tried a number of google searches and it's more like 10 years.

Thaivisa topic http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/168264-statute-of-limitations/

Another legal topic states "Prescription periods (statutes of limitation) are based on the nature of the claim or identification of the claimant and vary from 0.5 years to 1, 2, 5, and 10 years." http://www.lectlaw.com/files/int24.htm

So it's all as clear as legal mud. Even read a report that in some cases as long as 15 years.

Most hotels in Bangkok that allow hookers to stay overnight demand their ID cards and record the information. Some of them won't return it until the tourist guest OKs it in the morning. Others aren't so strict. I suppose some hotels in Phuket do the same.

Make sure her daughters not sleeping with you, or, in 2023 you might get back your items.

Limitation statutes do not apply in all countries. The UK and Australia have none for criminal cases. You can be arrested for stealing a paperclip from your employer 50 years ago.

Of course it is not likely they would be allowed to go to trial.

In what other country can you change your name. And since Thailand lets this happen why does it take 8 years to find some one who changed her name. Thailand like the wild wild wesy!

"In what other country can you change your name." - why don't you ask your wife, or mother about it????

They changed their name. cheesy.gif