EPL Transfers, Rumours etc, Summer 2015

uptheos

Daniel Levy has travelled to Spain. He hopes to complete the Alderweireld deal this weekend. Negotiations planned today. #THFC

Southampton believe they have an existing contract with Atletico Madrid defender Toby Alderweireld and have threatened to take legal action against the Spanish side should they sell to any other club.

The Belgium international spent last season on loan at Saint Mary’s with a view to a permanent move this summer but Atletico Madrid believe they are able to cancel their agreement with the Saints for a fee of £1.5million, and sell to the highest bidder.

Recent reports have linked the defender with a move to Tottenham Hotspur with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy flying in to Madrid to meet with the hierarchy of the Spanish club.

Southampton are adamant that their agreement to sign Toby Alderweireld can’t be cancelled because Atletico did not cancel the buy out clause in time and have told Sky Sports that if the Spanish club do a deal with Tottenham or anyone else, then Southampton will consider legal action against Atletico.

It is understood that the defender would prefer a move to White Hart Lane over a return to Saint Mary’s but may not have a choice in the matter.

Edited by uptheos

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Podolskis transfer into the Turkish wilderness (Galatasaray) has been completed per the Grauniad for EU4m. I wasn't aware that Britain or Turkey were in the Euro but no matter.

He scored some important goals for us and was a popular personality within the squad apparently, but did little else in a world that demands a lot more than a fierce left boot. Wenger wanted him to stay but could not guarantee giving him a starting position (code for not until hell freezes over or everyone goes sick). Presumably Wenger wants him to stay for his jokes!

One of the laziest players I've seen in an Arsenal shirt.

I'm amazed we got that much for him.

typical, turn on a player the minute he leaves.

If this isnt a case of blatant disregard for rules, then i dont know what is..

From this........http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/barcelona-transfer-ban-la-liga-giants-cannot-sign-players-until-2016-after-cas-reject-appeal-9949791.html

to this......http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33419778

But i guess if you are Barclona you are allowed to bend rules at will.

Another one from the tiny totts bonanza summer car boot sale.

Confirmed: Watford complete £5.7m deal for Tottenham midfielder Etienne Capoue

Yes huge news this.....we sold a couple of players in a transfer window.

Presumably when lloris goes for twice the price we bought him you'll explode over your computer screen in excitement?!

From this........http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/barcelona-transfer-ban-la-liga-giants-cannot-sign-players-until-2016-after-cas-reject-appeal-9949791.html

Couldn't believe that this morning. So there is no transfer ban, sign whoever you like. It's an ineligible to play ban!

On the plus side, he won't be playing against us in the EPL

Yes huge news this.....we sold a couple of players in a transfer window.

Presumably when lloris goes for twice the price we bought him you'll explode over your computer screen in excitement?!

Whoa there big boy. Did I mention whether you made or lost money on him?

Bit paranoid mate.

biggrin.png

Couldn't believe that this morning. So there is no transfer ban, sign whoever you like. It's an ineligible to play ban!

Ok they aint gonna use him but taking one of their rivals main players out. Aint such a terrible thing

rijit

Ok they aint gonna use him but taking one of their rivals main players out. Aint such a terrible thing

rijit

It is when it's a mockery though.

They've signed Vidal and Turan already this window. Doing more business than their rivals when they are supposed to have a transfer ban.

Arsenal have added to their youth ranks by signing defender Jordi Osei-Tutu from Reading.

The 16-year-old, who can also play in central midfield or on the wing, had earned rave reviews in the Royals youth sides last term.

And the Gunners have moved to sign him to a scholarship contract, joining fellow new arrivals Vlad Dragomir and Yassin Fortune.

The news was confirmed on the Arsenal website after Arsenal unveiled their list of scholars and young professionals for the new season.

Watford got potentially a top midfeilder. when he arrived lot of people, me included thought he was excelent

power pace touch same old same old injury and a couple of managetial changes and things never quite worked out for him.

rijit

Edited by rijit

Nice little holiday to look forward to then.

Turan will not be able to play for the club until January as Barca are unable to register new players until 2016 under the terms of a Fifa ban.

it's bang out of order that. weaken one of their rivals, arda won't be able to play in certain fixtures but then can have an impact against other teams after january 1st. pure doping.

Turan will not be able to play for the club until January as Barca are unable to register new players until 2016 under the terms of a Fifa ban.

it's bang out of order that. weaken one of their rivals, arda won't be able to play in certain fixtures but then can have an impact against other teams after january 1st. pure doping.

I wonder if they can loan him out?

I wonder if they can loan him out?

don't think so, think i read that the ban on transfers extends to loans in and out as well. even then though it'd still be doping if they could - loan him to atleti, he scores against real madrid in december to beat them then turns out for barca against madrid again in january? a ban should be a ban but then that's football administration - rules don't apply to you if you're big enough.

Manchester United lose out as winger has medical at Chelsea

FLUMINENSE winger Kenedy is having a medical at Chelsea, according to reports

The 19-year-old has been on Chelsea's radar for some time, with Manchester United, Juventus and Wolfsburg all reportedly interested in his signature.

Fluminense announced a fortnight ago that the ace had been sold to an investment company, who then appear to have brokered the deal with Chelsea.

According to ESPN, Kenedy will sign a five-year deal at the Blues.

He will join fellow Brazilians Oscar, Ramires, Filipe Luis, Willian, Wallace, Lucas Piazon and Nathan at the club - the latter having signed on at Stamford Bridge in May

why yes, i am so incredibly jealous of your immaculately run football club rijit. well done spurs for batting away all those £45m bids for bentaleb.

[snipped]

I'm glad I haven't posted on here before now ,cos the stick the flip-flopping scoucers from loserpool are getting from curly ,larry & mo is to much!

Give up lad's you are getting hammeredlaugh.png

[snipped]

. glad you see our club as well run , as opposed to your poorly run trans Atlantic sub American football franchise ,we get world record

transfer fee's not stupidly bundled into corners and here the rub not once BUT TWICE cheesy.gif [snipped]

Edited by mrbojangles
snipped

why yes, i am so incredibly jealous of your immaculately run football club rijit. well done spurs for batting away all those £45m bids for bentaleb.

I think what my honourable friend is saying is that you get the player to sign a new contract well before the 45m bids start pouring in thus you don't have the problem that you are having laugh.png

Footnote : I read somewhere that it is called forward finking biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

Darmian is expected to fly into Manchester for his medical on Friday ahead of completing a £13m transfer and looks set to be included in Louis van Gaal's squad for United's pre-season tour.

Man United receive welcome boost in chase for Tottenham star

Paris Saint-Germain have signed Kevin Trapp from Eintracht Frankfurt, which is expected to end their pursuit of Tottenham’s Hugo Lloris, the Express reports.

The French champions have completed a move for Frankfurt goalkeeper Trapp, which will leave Manchester United alone in their bid to sign Lloris from the North-London side.

The French international recently admitted he was keen to play Champions League football next season, following his side’s latest failure to qualify for the competition.

The Red Devils are heavily expected to sell David De Gea to Real Madrid in the current transfer window, and are expected to sign a first-team replacement, despite former Barcelona legend Victor Valdes having joined the club in January.

Lloris is claimed to be top of Louis Van Gaal’s wishlist to replace the Spaniard, although Jasper Cilessen is also named as high on their agenda should the 24 year-old make the switch to Madrid.

Updated: July 8, 2015 — 11:35 pm

Looks like Shay Given is going to Boro.

Beeb says Stoke have stepped in at the 11th hour. I seem to recall wanting to see him move to the Emirates a few years back when Scezzer was even less reliable than now.

Can Villa afford Ospina, who marketed himself well in the Coppa? Would prefer that Arsenal keep him and sell Sczesney, but it depends which of the two has the mentality to be satisfied with the understudy role. For a club that has had real problems with goalkeepers for a decade we could see three ex-Arsenal goalies in the Prem next year - Sczesney at Boro or Villa, Manone at Sunderland and Flaphandski at Swansea.