18 injured in Japanese Tour Bus road accident in East Pattaya

webfact

Slightly injured driver.........must of been a foot else he would of legged it. VIP bus ,the only VIP is the driver , no one else matters. I hope the Chinese/Japanese tourists didn't slip on the road while waiting for the ambulances to arrive and I also hope the ambulances arrived ok , very slippery roads , black ice maybe.

How many times are we going to read about these occurances. When are the Thai Government that means from the Prime Minister down, going to do something serious about the daily road carnage. When he speaks about drop in tourism does he not think, maybe if we don't kill or maim tourists on the roads everyday that things might look brighter for our biggest industry. people don't go on holidays to die. They travel to places like this to have a relaxing fun time. NOT TO DIE OR BE MAIMED. Please Mr Prime Minister do something about it & you will reap the rewards of better tourism & less money being forked out on funeral costs, medical treatment for injured & the cost to the already struggling Thai people for losing a loved one.

1zgarz5.gif Police interviewed the slightly-injured driver who claimed that he attempted to apply his brakes in a normal manner but due to the poor road conditions caused by a heavy period of rainfall...........What a load of Bull.... you were SPEEDING just like you always do.... Clown...1zgarz5.gif

17 Chinese tourists injured in bus crash

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- A chartered bus taking 17 Chinese tourists from Koh Samet to Nongnuch Garden in Pattaya overturned injuring them Sunday afternoon, police said.

Pol Lt Nawapol Benchamas, an officer on duty of Pattaya police station, was informed of the accident at 2 pm Sunday. He was told that a bus overturned and crashed into a roadside of the Pattaya-bound Krathing Lai-Rayong Road in Moo 10 village in Tambon Pong of Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district.

Police and rescuers from the Sawang Buribun Thammasathan Pattaya Foundation rushed to the scene and they found a small white bus of TWB Co with Bangkok license plate overturned on the left roadside.

They found eight Chinese men and nine Chinese woman injured along with a Thai driver. Most of them suffered bruises while three women were severely injured at their back and neck.

The rescuers provided them first-aid treatment and rushed them to the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

The driver, Kachornsak Puangprakhone, 43, said he was driving the tourists from Koh Samet in Rayong to the Nongnuch Garden in Pattaya and when he arrived at the scene, it rained heavily, making it hard for him to see the road ahead.

As a result, he tried to step on the brake to slow down the bus but the road was slippery, causing the bus to spin before it overturned and fell to the roadside.

Kachornsak said he led all the tourists to leave the bus through broken windows and called police for help.

Police blamed the heavy rains and the slippery road for the accident.

tvn.png

-- 2015-05-11

I Blame ,Stupid, ,Selfish idiotic, Thai drivers in charge of peoples lives.

We will see much more of this type of thing, due to the increase in busses around town now days.

Agree - can almost see the police point at the road, "Its the roads fault, not the driver" clap2.gif

Surprised that none of the drivers fleed the scene as its costum here ...

So, were the tourists Japanese or Chinese?

........As a result, he tried to step on the brake........

So what stopped him from stepping on the brake?

Every newspaper report that we read is full of discrepancies either from sloppy reporting, editing or translation.

That's what I don't understand either. The second story talks about Chinese tourists and a 'small bus'. The one in the OP picture is pretty big.

Are there two stories here?.

I live in Pattaya , have I slept through those heavy rains? Do not recall any for a I believe at least 1 week, and rains before were hardly "damaging"

I also live in Pattaya (Pratumnak area). No rain here, but friends across town (East Pattaya) reported rain.

Perhaps, what is happening in my area is not necessarily what is happening in an nearby area of the same town.

That being said, the authorities seem to be ignoring another problem that is going to haunt them very soon. The number of tour buses that have crashed in the last six months is alarming. The problem here, is that the alarm bell has been disconnected for some time.

Edited by Benmart

knowing the state of the roads in pattaya I am not surprised in the least for something like this to happen unless there are improvements accidents will continue to happen .

So it was the roads fault, not the driver.

Something doesn't make sense. If coming from Samet, I'm not sure I'd use 36 for their destination. And definitely wouldn't be near Pong. Anyway, 36 is a very straight highway. Probably going too fast, trying to pass, etc. Just lost control. It's very crowded with lots of crazy drivers. I hate that highway.

That surprises me..... if you take HWY 36, you can't avoid Pong district as it straddles it. Wat Pong is about 400m from the Rt36/3240 junction!

Although if he really was heading to Nong Nooch, he missed the turnoff!

Aha, perhaps it was Huai Pong??

Pong covers a large area. There is a sign which states the Pong Boundary on Highway 36 about 2 or 3 Kim's south of Route 331. I think the driver was aiming for HighwY 36, then turn left onto the 331. Turn right at the Silverlakes/big Buddha turn off. That almost takes you right to Nong Nooch

I live in Pattaya , have I slept through those heavy rains? Do not recall any for a I believe at least 1 week, and rains before were hardly "damaging"

Rain over here is strange. About 2 weeks ago, there was no rain in Pong village where I stay. I visited my friend at Horseshoe Point and it was raining, but not heavy. But parts of Pattaya were pretty badly damaged with the same rainstorm.

So, you might not have slept through it, but Pattaya now covers a huge area and you can't be everywhere at once

And another public service driver over-estimating his driving ability.

For the coach to slide off the road while applying the brakes, the driver must have been driving through a curve or bend. Not very sensible.

No injuries to the 18 Japanese with the coach overturning ? Unlikely.

Who might take responsibility for this accident ?

I read 5 or 6 incidents a week with coaches or mini-buses overturning. Surely this is not good for tourism. Yet is not addressed in a meaningful way. Why ?

"For the coach to slide off the road while applying the brakes, the driver must have been driving through a curve or bend. Not very sensible."

Yes, let's ban drivers from bends and restrict them to all the arrow-straight roads that will get them to their destination instead. Much more sensible.

"No injuries to the 18 Japanese with the coach overturning ? Unlikely."

Missed this bit, did you?...

"Three of the injured tourists sustained broken bones and one sustained suspected spinal injuries."

Edited by Sviss Geez