Thai govt unveils 12-nation 'Friends of Thailand' bloc

webfact

"Antigua and Barbuda, Burundi, Central African Republic, Comoros, Dominican Republic, Gabon, Ghana, Kiribati, Hungary, Nauru, Vanuatu, and Cameroon, Thailand "

Got the makings of a powerful Banana's and Rice Cartel

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a TAT style release that nations are flocking to become friends and then TAT can issue their own announcement that tourists arrivals from these countries is expected to go through the roof. :D

Those are some pretty influential friends!

Most people could not even find them on a map!

Go Thailand!!!

Most of those diplomats had to be helped to find Thailand on the map !!!

A free lunch & a tour of Pattaya convinced them to come visit sometime & shake hands on TV

Sorry had to change my shorts laughed so hard peed my pants, No on a lighter note You African continent South America Asia off coast of India some Island in the Pacific and Europe or there abouts What China not your friend? or even Japan they lend you billions. And for shame even Australia not even listed. You could of at least said Atlantis was among your friends.

Antigua and Barbuda, Burundi, Central African Republic, Comoros, Dominican Republic, Gabon, Ghana, Kiribati, Hungary, Nauru, Vanuatu, and Cameroon.

Some of those are not bigger than two footballfields!

What's next?

Outer Mongolia, Helgoland, Legoland and Funafutti?

Antigua and Barbuda, Burundi, Central African Republic, Comoros, Dominican Republic, Gabon, Ghana, Kiribati, Hungary, Nauru, Vanuatu, and Cameroon.

Some of those are not bigger than two footballfields!

What's next?

Outer Mongolia, Helgoland, Legoland and Funafutti?

I believe they are in the process of negotiating with SafariWorld at present to extend diplomatic ties.

This is quite bizarre, and reminded me of trying to remember who to send Christmas cards to. You spend hours working on the long list and trying to be sensible and fair about it all, then your brain overheats and you tear the list up and start just picking names at random.

• 10 months later...

Wow, the first two paragraphs had me thinking this was going to be a significant announcement -- this new "Diplomatic Block", you know, something like the G7. Trying to think what snappy name they had selected for the group -- FOT just didn't seem to have the proper gravitas. Then I kept reading and saw what countries were on board. Yeah, the I think we can come up with something suitable using FOT as a starting point.

How about 'Pals of Thailand' ......POT

^^ I am always skeptical at the language chosen for these Thai PBS stories. This was probably just some ordinary meeting or something. Quite possible the domestic media is taking the piss, too.

I think I wrote somewhere it was a Nana Plaza related meeting,

meeting took place on 2nd floor in a separee !!

Aye, tourism and development related friend bloc..

2 days seminar on tourism with case studies at Nana, Soi cowboy and Patpong followed by

2 days seminar on country development on how to build proper shacks

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

Must be tuff times for the Thai diplomats when they have to join a club with mostly people with dark skin. What happened to the 40 years of friendship with North Korea, did they cheat them too or?

The Thais hosts better take care they dont let these guys mix with the locals

Not sure the big wigs will take to kindly to being referred to as choc-a-let man and kon dum dum 555

Outside of the Central African Republic, I wonder how many persons could correctly guess half of the continents those other countries are located in.

Five of them are not located on any continent and would best be described as island nations...

If the UK vote to leave the EU maybe this could be a new home for us as well.

That's England - not that I expect it to happen.

Scotland would leave the UK and apply to join the EU - count on it and think about it.