Police return Thaksin’s police rank case to police panel

5-28-2015-9-49-50-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The national police chief was forced to return the recommendation of a police panel to strip former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra of his police rank after it was discovered that the recommendation was not signed by the panel members.

Pol Gen Somyot Pumpunmuang said that once the recommendation of the panel headed by Pol Gen Chaiya Siri-amphankul was properly signed, it would be considered in accordance with the police regulations.

Meanwhile, Army Commander-in-Chief General Udomdej Seetabutr maintained that the army did not file lese majeste charge against Thaksin and only defamation charge was lodged against the fugitive.

As for the lese majeste charge, he said that the matter was being handled by the Crime Suppression Division police.

He insisted that the government and the National Council for Peace and Order have been trying to restore reconciliation but Thaksin, on the other hand, has tried to damage their reputation.

He said that the army was compelled to defend its dignity otherwise it would be seen as being submissive.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-return-thaksins-police-rank-case-to-police-panel

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-31

The police returned it to the police..., ok...I'll meditate on that...

I think the police still has the case, maybe give it to the Thai Weather Service?

Edited by klauskunkel

He said that the army was compelled to defend its dignity otherwise it would be seen as being submissive.

army, ... submissive cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

although "defending dignity" is a heck of a good justification for filing criminal charges against someone. I'm surprised they still have any left... whistling.gif

Two power-mad Thai criminals go into a karaoke bar, one in a business suit and the other in an Army uniform. They each have a few Napoleonic Brandy's and a p[late of som tam Goon, then take turns singing "I can do anything you can do better, I can do anything better than you."