Vehicle insurance broker who will collect a new tax disc in Hua hin

ukrules

I need to renew the first class insurance and my tax disc which expires on Sunday. The insurance already expired a couple of days ago.

I've heard an agent can do the tax disc on my behalf.

I also heard you can pay for the tax disc at the post office but based on what I've read elsewhere on this forum they just mail the blue book and the por a bor to the DLT and you wait for it to be sent back - I don't want my blue book mailing anywhere as there have been reports of mail going missing and losing the blue book is not something I want to do.

Currently I'm insured with AIOI, the same company who I got the insurance with when I picked up my Toyota a couple of years ago, last year I just renewed it.

Does anyone know of a trusted insurance broker in Hua Hin who can provide a good first class insurance policy on a 2 year old Toyota Vios with very low mileage and will get the tax disc for me without sending it through the post system ?

More than anything I would like to use a broker/agent who will go in person to collect the new tax disc for me. I can then collect it from the agents office when it's ready.

mr lazy comes to mind

Not really, I didn't mention it in my original post but I checked the website for the land transport office opening times last night and this afternoon I jumped in the car and drove all the way out to the other side of Cha Am to get this sorted only to find that they wouldn't process my payment because it was past 15:30.

The website seemed to indicate they're open until 16:30 (confirmed yesterday by a Thai speaker) and I arrived just before 16:00 - they told me to come back Monday. I'm not very keen to ever go back there again after today.

I guess if it turns out nobody has done this I'll phone around a few brokerages on Monday. Whoever offers the best service gets my business.

Edited by ukrules