Burning sensation after shower

TommyUK1960

Wild guess. Do you have a water tank after your filters?

I remember a thread from a few years ago where the poster had the same symptoms. It turned out to be some type of miniture worm or something living in the tank. I remember searching the internet and it was more common than i expected.

Didnt it eat him alive eventually too.?...................nah just kidding

Spose id beter add something useful

I did a water test in Bkk we are in Pranburi, 85metre deep well water you can drink and crystal clear virtually nothing in it, see results attached

Dont rely on the village idiots supply in any way, they actually removed the filter off the local supply....reason " it kept getting blocked" duhhhhhhh!!!

After this we got snails shrimp mud stone gravel whales etc etc literally appearing, i only use it for irrigation so I dug up the road pipe and inserted a big strainer from Global House

Edited by kannot

What you need is a urine alkalizer, you can get them from your pharmacy in the form of powder satchels which you mix with water and drink. Take it as directed on the package.

If the burning sensation doesn't clear up after 2-3 days then you should see a doctor.

I would check the pH of your water before doing anything. Any pool, or water shop should sell test strips. pH should be in the 7-8 range, ideally 7.2-7.6. When it is outside the 7-8 range it will cause serious skin and eye irritation.

Good point. I forgot to add that when I was having problems, the pH was over 8. Why, was never clear, and once the rains started it went back to normal; as mentioned I suspect salt, which will raise water pH and which exists in large deposits in Issan; I'm at the foothills of what rises into the Korat plateau.

While this was going on I found that collecting water in a large bucket and adding vinegar then ladling it on solved the problem, though of course a hassle to do. Alum also worked but I liked the vinegar better as the Alum left a chalky residue in the water.

This never happened before but I think this year the water table hit an all time low.

Wild guess. Do you have a water tank after your filters?

I remember a thread from a few years ago where the poster had the same symptoms. It turned out to be some type of miniture worm or something living in the tank. I remember searching the internet and it was more common than i expected.

Didnt it eat him alive eventually too.?...................nah just kidding

<snip>

I tracked down what I had read. It was Swimmers Itch which doesn't appear to be the case here.

I did find this on a website http://www.med-health.net/Itchy-Skin-At-Night.html suggesting hard water as a cause which would tie in with low water levels.

Hot Showers. Skin can get dry when exposed to high temperatures and a very hot shower could be the reason for it. Hot water washes away skin oils leaving it dry which is a common reason for itchy skin. Hard water can also be the cause, so if you have moved to a new area then there is a possibility that the water supply is different. Cold showers could help especially if you use a mild soap and moisturizer.

Agree, prolonged showers with hot water will definitely dry the skin out. Sorbolene is what I use to moisturise; however, don't think they have heard of it in Thailand. Probably equivalents available at any pharmacy.

Be careful with the vinegar, or you could end up pickled on the outside. I won't speculate about the inside.cheesy.gif