New Thai(Elite)Visa ! 5 Year PE Visa !

THAI VISA MEMBER NEWSLETTER JULY 2015

5 YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA - "PE VISA"

You can now get a 5-year multiple entry visa for Thailand!
Perfect if you are under 50 years old, or not married to a Thai citizen or not working.

• Visa type: PE
  • Visa validity: 5 years
  • Length of stay: 1 year per entry
  • Extendable: Every entry gives you a full year stay, or you can extend every year at your local Immigration office.
  • Included: Immigration Airport Fast Track and Free Airport Limousine

For more information, please email mailto:[email protected]
[email protected]

Email us now and we will get back to you within 48 hours with application form and information package.

This is a sponsored message from Thailand Elite Card to the subscribers of Thaivisa Newsletter.

Is this legit? I had no idea one could get a 5-year visa, especially if you're not working, married to Thai citizen, or retired.

If it is indeed possible to obtain such a visa, is it really 500,000 baht for 5 years? That seems outrageously expensive for what the ad says it offers. I can get a one-year visa for $200US (approximately 6,600 baht). Am I missing something in the translation?

Furthermore, is it even worth it for me to look into such a visa if I'm turning 50 next August? [note: if it really is 500,000 baht, the point is moot -- I'm not spending that kind of money on a visa unless it comes with some great perks I'm unaware of. "Fast Track" at the airport and "airport limo" are not what I consider worthwhile perks.]

Of course it is legal. There are many threads running, inclduing the endless discussion of the cost, you can read or post there.

I can get a one-year visa for approximately 6,600 baht. Am I missing something in the translation?

Are you in their target category?

I mean: below 50, not married to a Thai, not working

If so, what kind of one-year visa can you get?

Is this legit? I had no idea one could get a 5-year visa, especially if you're not working, married to Thai citizen, or retired.

If it is indeed possible to obtain such a visa, is it really 500,000 baht for 5 years? That seems outrageously expensive for what the ad says it offers. I can get a one-year visa for $200US (approximately 6,600 baht). Am I missing something in the translation?

Furthermore, is it even worth it for me to look into such a visa if I'm turning 50 next August? [note: if it really is 500,000 baht, the point is moot -- I'm not spending that kind of money on a visa unless it comes with some great perks I'm unaware of. "Fast Track" at the airport and "airport limo" are not what I consider worthwhile perks.]

As someone in my early 40's this turned out to be a good option for me. £2k (~100k Baht) a year is not much, I used to spend a lot more doing visa runs before. I was flying all over the place including Europe at times just to keep a current visa, that's fun for about a year but it gets boring quickly.

Edited by ukrules

It would seem to me that a very low percentage of farong would be 45 years old or younger, not married and truly not working here....

So I am wondering just how small the "Elite" membership is?

It would seem minuscule to me....

??

If you add in those that work online for remote offshore entities that have nothing to do with Thailand and just wire money in... it's a bit bigger. No specific laws against that.

• Like 1

But as mentioned several times in the other thread you are very lucky to have got a 1 year non-O as most countries/consulates/embassies will not issue them unless you meet the qualifying criteria. Nothing wrong with being lucky but for most others unmarried under 50 the PE is a good albeit pricey option.

Sounds like a great option if you don't mind spending that much.

I'm on retirement extensions but to avoid the hassle of annual applications such a 5 year "just pay for it" visa would be appealing to me but at a lower price.

It would seem to me that a very low percentage of farong would be 45 years old or younger, not married and truly not working here....

So I am wondering just how small the "Elite" membership is?

It would seem minuscule to me....

??

Read more carefully - it says "OR"

THAI VISA MEMBER NEWSLETTER JULY 2015

5 YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA - "PE VISA"

You can now get a 5-year multiple entry visa for Thailand!

Perfect if you are under 50 years old, or not married to a Thai citizen or not working.

Since getting my Elite card, I have been fast-tracked and treated cordially on the few visits that I've made go the immigration office (90 day reports).

Funnily I went to do my first 90d report last week. First got various questions, then officer noticed I had PE visa and questions stopped and was instantly done.

So far really happy with PE visa. Price really isn't that bad, but that has been gone through on previous threads already.

If you can afford this ridiculously high price, I would assume the Thai's would classify you as a "Hi-So" and probably leave you be and not worry about you. (i.e must be someone important to have that much money to toss around)

• Like 2