80% of police at the 8th regional police do not want to be moved to Phuket

webfact

80% of police at the 8th regional police do not want to be moved to Phuket

30-7-2558-21-52-34-wpcf_728x407.jpg

BANGKOK: -- About 80 percent of the police attached to the 8th regional police bureau based in Surat Thani do not want to be transferred to Phuket because they have families to take care of or have houses in Surat Thani.

The office of the 8th regional police bureau will be relocated from Surat Thani to Phuket.

Pol Maj-Gen Apichart Boonsriroj, commander of Surat Thani provincial police, said Thursday that he had asked for permission from the Treasury Department to use the vacant building as the new office of the Surat Thani provincial police head office. The request is pending the consideration of the department.

He disclosed that about 80 percent of the police attached to the 8th regional police bureau had sought permission from their superior about a year ago to be transferred to the provincial police command in either Surat Thani or Nakhon Si Thammarat because they didn’t want to be moved to Phuket which will be the new home for the 8th regional police bureau.

Pol Maj-Gen Apichart said that the Surat Thani provincial police command could not accommodate all of them and had to be selective by taking consideration their years of services as well as their past performance.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/80-of-police-at-the-8th-regional-police-do-not-want-to-be-moved-to-phuket

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-31

I am surprised that the story is not that 80% of policemen are demanding to be transferred to Phuket. I would think that there are many more opportunities for all those farangs and thais to donate to the policeman's ball.

I am surprised that the story is not that 80% of policemen are demanding to be transferred to Phuket. I would think that there are many more opportunities for all those farangs and thais to donate to the policeman's ball.

Ahh... but the Phuket spoils have already been claimed by the connected families who the police, governor, etc are too scared to tackle there.

Would you like to be transfered 240km away from your family?

Knowing that the police have to buy their own guns, vehicles and uniforms. It's unlikely that there will be any transfer assistants payments!

Personally speaking I moved continents to get away from my family.

Mind I wasn't married with kids at the time.

I wondered just how much more expensive it is to live in Phuket, but just from

the increase in hotels, motels, restaurants and such, I think it is a lot more expensive to

live in Phuket. I also have some relatives that are in the police force, and they do not get

a huge pay check for the work that they do. The pay is better if you are a tourist police

member, or special guard, but unlike a lot of countries like Australia, Briton, USA, or Canada,

most Asian police forces are vastly under paid. I hope the solution is good for the police members,

and not just for some rich people who want to move to Phuket.

Would you like to be transfered 240km away from your family?

Knowing that the police have to buy their own guns, vehicles and uniforms. It's unlikely that there will be any transfer assistants payments!

Personally speaking I moved continents to get away from my family.

Mind I wasn't married with kids at the time.

That would make many apply for a transfer then go home and tell the wife it was a forced move and ' unaccompanied ' status.

Thats one of the best ways to cut down on corruption keep the police moving all the time before they get a chance to get all cosy cosy with the local crooks and mafia drug dealers and time to find a find a new Thai girlfriend to have some kids with her and then need more money to keep them, was our wonderful Mr Thaksin not going to be implementing something like that at one time of day.

So one small petition from Suthep and the whole thing is cranking up and will no doubt be reversed.

I wonder why Suthep is so keen to keep the region head courters in his manor.........

."..........keep the region head courters in his manor..."

An obvious but interesting typo.

courter: to pay respectful or flattering attention to (a person) in order to get something

I am sure Suthep has the BIB in Surat under control.

I guess there is plenty of opportunities to "supply" their income in Phuket to pay for the higher living cost there ... How does other Phuket police officers manage ... ? whistling.gif

I should imagine that the existing constabulary in Phuket would be most unimpressed if their "informal salary enhancements" had to be shared with a large number of newly arrived police officers.

So the BIB will be ' selective ' over transfers and take years of service and past performance into consideration.

Will any other ' considerations ' apply ?

OK lets have a brown envelope contest. Those who have turned in the most wins. Phuket would be a busier station methinks well that means working harder.

So the BIB will be ' selective ' over transfers and take years of service and past performance into consideration.

Will any other ' considerations ' apply ?

OK lets have a brown envelope contest. Those who have turned in the most wins. Phuket would be a busier station methinks well that means working harder.

Good Point but ' working harder ' could be seen as a relative term. biggrin.png