New York police union taking photos of city's homeless

webfact

NYC Police Union Urges Officers To Take Pictures Of Quality-Of-Life Offenders
SBA: There's Nothing 'Gotcha' About New Campaign Called 'Peek-A-Boo, We See You!'

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The Sergeants Benevolent Association is launching its own initiative to combat quality-of-life issues.

In a letter to its members, union president Ed Mullins urged officers while off duty to snap pictures of quality-of-life offenders to document what he says is “a city in decline.”

“New York City has become a permissive place,” Mullins told CBS2’s Marcia Kramer on Monday. “We are an open invitation to come here because it’s okay to smoke marijuana; it’s okay to urinate in public; it’s okay to remain homeless in the street.”

Quite simply, the union wants to document what it sees as the decline of the city that has led to the homeless clogging the streets and doing things like bathing in the fountain at Columbus Circle.

Mullins blames Mayor Bill de Blasio and the City Council, which wants to decriminalize several quality-of-life offenses, Kramer reported.

“I want them to stop with the phony policies that exist,” Mullins said. “What they are doing is they are jerking the public around.”

Full story: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/08/10/sba-police-union-quality-of-life/

-- CBS New York 2015-08-12

i guess now that the super rich are more rich than they ever have been it would mean the trickle down effect is not working. The people at the bottom (which is a rapidly growing number) are the ones getting pissed on.

The super rich are the ones that are violating the possibility for others to have any quality of life.

i guess now that the super rich are more rich than they ever have been it would mean the trickle down effect is not working. The people at the bottom (which is a rapidly growing number) are the ones getting pissed on.

The super rich are the ones that are violating the possibility for others to have any quality of life.

The solution, which I have said before on TV- tax them till they bleed. Tax the ones that get rich by moving money around and do nothing for society at 99% on everything over the first 5 million or so.

The solution, which I have said before on TV- tax them till they bleed. Tax the ones that get rich by moving money around and do nothing for society at 99% on everything over the first 5 million or so.

Gee! how did I manage to stay off the streets all of those years? Stay sober, work at everything that was available. They can do the same, as far as I am concerned. It has nothing to do with rich or poor. It has only to do with a desire to be responsible.

Gee! how did I manage to stay off the streets all of those years? Stay sober, work at everything that was available. They can do the same, as far as I am concerned. It has nothing to do with rich or poor. It has only to do with a desire to be responsible.

It is also to do with luck. Your life is not over so dont speak too soon.

It is also to do with luck. Your life is not over so dont speak too soon.

True. Anyone can have a mental breakdown and lose everything.

The U.S. has more restrooms, per capita, than anywhere else in the world. Try to find a restroom in Thailand or anywhere else in Asia, except Singapore.

More restrooms per capita would do you no good when you gotta go. In my experience, I've found plenty more access to restrooms (mostly in the many malls) in Hong Kong, Bangkok, Guangzhou, Taipei, than in NYC, for example. Trying to find one in U.S. cities is equivalent to a scavenger hunt, unless you begin knocking on private residences.

More restrooms per capita would do you no good when you gotta go. In my experience, I've found plenty more access to restrooms (mostly in the many malls) in Hong Kong, Bangkok, Guangzhou, Taipei, than in NYC, for example. Trying to find one in U.S. cities is equivalent to a scavenger hunt, unless you begin knocking on private residences.

Almost every hotel anywhere has a public toilet. I learned that living on the streets when I was kid,

The solution, which I have said before on TV- tax them till they bleed. Tax the ones that get rich by moving money around and d nothing for society at 99% on everything over the first 5 million or so.

until you get medical bills you can't afford, used your sick leave and get fired, loose your house, there you go, smartarse

Almost every hotel anywhere has a public toilet. I learned that living on the streets when I was kid,

and they feed and give you a place to sleep too?