Julian Assange case: UK to make formal protest to Ecuador

webfact

But it was okay for the UK to "harbour" Thaksin!

It was okay for the UK to "Harbour" Abdul Hamza - The most repulsive Muslim Terrorist in the world!

It was okay for the UK to "Harbour" Nelson Mandela and welcome the filthy mass murderer and they very nearly allowed a statue to be erected in Trafalgar Square for him.

Julian Asange is innocent until proven guilty and they are acting this way. This is why I hate the UK. Idiots running it!

"But it was okay for the UK to "harbour" Thaksin!"

Thailand has never requested his extradition... I also recall that in 2010 he was asked to leave the UK when he was using the internet to rally the Red shirt protesters.

"It was okay for the UK to "Harbour" Abdul Hamza - The most repulsive Muslim Terrorist in the world!"

The UK government spent years trying to extradite that piece of ****, but even the the UK government has to abide by its own laws.

"It was okay for the UK to "Harbour" Nelson Mandela and welcome the filthy mass murderer and they very nearly allowed a statue to be erected in Trafalgar Square for him."

Please name one person Nelson Mandela murdered??? He was arrested and imprisoned for his beliefs and political opposition to apartheid.

"Julian Asange is innocent until proven guilty"

Yes, but no one has said he is guilty, but Sweden has asked for his extradition... maybe Sweden should conduct his trial in absentia...

Edited by Basil B

If he was not guilty of the rape charges he would have nothing to fear in Sweden. To say that the US can or would interfer with the Swedish courts is utter BS. I hope the slimeball rots and his tratorous mate cowering in Russia and giving away secrets for money rots with him. Slimeballs both. UK should simply chuck out the Ecuadorians who have an appalling human rights record and really are Moscow's bum boys.

And Britannia is America's bum girl.

It's not Sweden that is the fear. If you don't know why that is try doing some research.

ali wha? Do you think you are the only person who can read?

All of this talk that the horrible US has done this, done that, demanded this, demanded that...yet nobody has offered one shred of evidence the US has done any of it.

The alleged crimes were committed in Sweden, charges were brought in Sweden, the prosecutors are from Sweden. Assange is hiding to avoid providing testimony to Sweden.

The UK responded to an EU arrest warrant issued by Sweden and arrested Assange.

Assange managed to con some friends into putting up bail for him, whereupon he violated the terms of his bail by entering the Ecuadorian Embassy and requested asylum, which was granted.

His bond was called when he failed to appear on the EU arrest warrant and his friends lost their bail money.

Now the UK wants him for jumping bail and Sweden still wants to chat with him about the alleged rape charges.

I fail to see the US in this picture at all, but then I don't really believe in unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, as do some of you.

you talk about that there is no evidence ? If Sweden and America had simply given an undertaking or guarantee there was no risk that Assange would be transferred onto USA none of this would have happened and UK would have saved an awful lot of money. Such an assurance was not forthcoming so obviously neither country could be trusted.

All of this talk that the horrible US has done this, done that, demanded this, demanded that...yet nobody has offered one shred of evidence the US has done any of it.

The alleged crimes were committed in Sweden, charges were brought in Sweden, the prosecutors are from Sweden. Assange is hiding to avoid providing testimony to Sweden.

Assange managed to con some friends into putting up bail for him, whereupon he violated the terms of his bail by entering the Ecuadorian Embassy and requested asylum, which was granted.

His bond was called when he failed to appear on the EU arrest warrant and his friends lost their bail money.

Now the UK wants him for jumping bail and Sweden still wants to chat with him about the alleged rape charges.

I fail to see the US in this picture at all, but then I don't really believe in unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, as do some of you.

you talk about that there is no evidence ? If Sweden and America had simply given an undertaking or guarantee there was no risk that Assange would be transferred onto USA none of this would have happened and UK would have saved an awful lot of money. Such an assurance was not forthcoming so obviously neither country could be trusted.

Why should Sweden be required to guarantee or assure anything to this guy? He is the alleged rapist.

The US has never been involved with any of it. If I am incorrect, please provide me with a legitimate link where the US has taken any action to secure his arrest or extradition.

The matter of trust doesn't even enter the equation.

Why should Sweden be required to guarantee or assure anything to this guy? He is the alleged rapist.

The US has never been involved with any of it. If I am incorrect, please provide me with a legitimate link where the US has taken any action to secure his arrest or extradition.

OP quote

Earlier, Swedish prosecutors dropped two sex assault claims against Mr Assange, who had denied the claims.

"alleged rapist"...precisely. Innocent until proven guilty.
I would have thought that if Sweden is at all interested in justice, it would have agreed years ago to a video link, or a personal interview with the prosecutor at the Ecuador embassy..actions well within Swedish law.The second prosecutor has repeatedly refused these until the very last minute, causing Assange, the UK government and Ecuador much wasted time and money. If the trumped up allegations were valid at all, Sweden has blown it for all concerned. UK should be making a formal protest to them, not Ecuador.
I have replied once to your link request but I fear we would be drifting off topic, so please don't ask again. Another thread, another time maybe.
Edited by dexterm

Assange must be the longest “ alleged criminal “ in history. giggle.gif Even Inspector Clouseau would have been ashamed of such track record by the authorities. Either charge him or release him. Put up or shut up. They can’t because they’ve got nothing.rolleyes.gif

This was all about the special extradition treaty between Sweden and USA - I know it, you know it and by now the rest of the world knows it which has irrevocably tarnished the trustworthiness of the USA justice system.

Meanwhile the real criminals like Jon Corzine escaped justice as will most likely even the Democratic candidate for the presidency.bah.gif

Are you saying to "trust the government" 55555555555555555555555. Just how naive would anyone have to be to trust the government, especially the US government that uses the CIA to overthrow elected governments?

Edited by thaibeachlovers

I'm not saying trust the government at all.

I am saying there is not one shred of evidence the US has brought an indictment against Assange for anything. There is no extradition request for his warm body anywhere in the world, particularly the US.

What I am saying is...what makes him, and his supporters, so presumptuous as to expect the sovereign government of Sweden to make any concessions to him whatsoever?

He is the "alleged" (there's that word again) rapist and will very likely remain one for the next five years, unless of course he surrenders himself to the UK police and provides testimony to the Swedish government as is request in the EU arrest warrant.

Sweden is under no obligation to provide assurances for anything.

The police in the UK will have to sort out his bond jumping first, even though the bond has been forfeited. I have no idea what this particular problem of his will entail.

In short, all these problems are his and his alone. He couldn't keep his pants zipped up when in Sweden and doesn't have the nerve to face the music there. This fear of being extradited to the US is just cover.

.thumbsup.gif

I am saying there is not one shred of evidence the US has brought an indictment against Assange for anything. There is no extradition request for his warm body anywhere in the world, particularly the US.

What I am saying is...what makes him, and his supporters, so presumptuous as to expect the sovereign government of Sweden to make any concessions to him whatsoever?

He is the "alleged" (there's that word again) rapist and will very likely remain one for the next five years, unless of course he surrenders himself to the UK police and provides testimony to the Swedish government as is request in the EU arrest warrant.

The police in the UK will have to sort out his bond jumping first, even though the bond has been forfeited. I have no idea what this particular problem of his will entail.

In short, all these problems are his and his alone. He couldn't keep his pants zipped up when in Sweden and doesn't have the nerve to face the music there. This fear of being extradited to the US is just cover.

.thumbsup.gif

The Swedes will do whatever the US tells them to do.

Obviously the US government is not going to come out and tell the world that they want Sweden to extradite him to the US till they are able to do so. Even the US government bureacracy isn't that stupid.

He couldn't keep his pants zipped up when in Sweden

555555555 You are criticizing him for doing in Sweden what most of the people on TV are in Thailand to do biggrin.png .

Edited by thaibeachlovers

.thumbsup.gif

the inconvenient truth is that the two girls were not interested in pursuing the case against him and would not have done so without the woman prosecutor bulldozing them into it

then on top of that you have this................

We are Women Against Rape but we do not want Julian Assange extradited

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/aug/23/women-against-rape-julian-assange

Edited by Asiantravel

.thumbsup.gif

the inconvenient truth is that the two girls were not interested in pursuing the case against him and would not have done so without the woman prosecutor bulldozing them into it

then on top of that you have this................

We are Women Against Rape but we do not want Julian Assange extradited

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/aug/23/women-against-rape-julian-assange

Got a right laugh out of your link. Particularly one of the co-author's names...Lisa Longstaff.cheesy.gif

Keep 'em coming.

The US has never been involved with any of it. If I am incorrect, please provide me with a legitimate bah.gif

Are you saying to "trust the government" 55555555555555555555555. Just how naive would anyone have to be to trust the government, especially the US government that uses the CIA to overthrow elected governments?

I wouldn't trust them to give me the right time of daybah.gif

Sweden is very much an independent country and it does not have a history of bending to the US government. The slightest hint of an asylum claim by Assange would prevent any kind of extradition.

Some members are very insulting to the Swedish gov't.

.thumbsup.gif

You wont find evidence until after the fact. The US issues indictments in secret, they do that for a reason, to keep it secret.

Sweden does indeed need to, and should, make concessions if they want the 2 women to have justice. Would it hurt them ever so much to give an assurance he wont be extradited, would it have any negative effect on his trial at all? Many govts extradite people only after an assurance the death penalty is off the table. Why should those govts give that assurance? Its to ensure the victims get some justice for crimes against them. So what Assange is asking is the same thing.

If Sweden dont give the assurance then they only have themselves and their pig headedness to blame for him walking free.

If I was one of the victims I would not be at all impressed with Sweden and would let the world know my displeasure. That is, unless I thought the allegations were rubbish then I wouldnt say a thing or bother about it.

Edited by Linky