CDC refuses to reveal content of Thai charter

webfact

CDC refuses to reveal content of charter
WASAMON AUDJARINT
THE NATION

30266792-01_big.jpg
Senior Bangkok Post reporter Mongkol Bangprapa, right, files a petition with Constitution Drafting Committee chairman Borwornsak Uwanno, in which he seeks to attend a meeting in which the committee will discuss charter adjustments

BANGKOK: -- THE Constitution Drafting Committee says it will not publicly disclose the content of the draft charter until it submits the document to the National Reform Council.

The Thai Journalists Association has requested, on behalf of reporters at Parliament, for the CDC to allow journalists to observe the last week of charter deliberations and consultations with relevant groups, including the NRC and the government.

But CDC member Paiboon Nititawan told a press conference yesterday that journalists could not sit in on the talks.

The CDC has set the deliberations back two days, to Wednesday and Thursday. It plans to submit the draft charter to the NRC on Saturday.

At the meeting NRC and Cabinet representatives will acknowledge the charter's content and the reasoning behind it.

Meanwhile, CDC head Borwornsak Uwanno received a request yesterday from veteran Bangkok Post reporter Mongkol Bangprapa.

"The 2014 interim charter doesn't prohibit [the CDC] from publicising the draft before handing it to the NRC for their consideration," the letter, which was signed by TJA vice president Manop Thip-osod, said.

Paiboon said the CDC well understood the role of the media in informing the public. However, he said the meeting would involve continued discussions and the CDC was concerned reports might contain incomplete information that could cause public confusion.

"The meeting has nothing to do with the interim charter, but instead was initiated by the CDC to be a communication platform between the CDC and the proposers [of charter content]," he said.

Paiboon said the CDC would share the content of the charter after it was submitted to the NRC.

The media request also called on the CDC to allow journalists to examine the content of the charter and ask CDC members questions from Monday to Friday next week - a day for each charter section.

Paiboon said he would take the request to the CDC meeting for consideration. But key CDC figures, including Borwornsak, should be willing to do so, he added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/CDC-refuses-to-reveal-content-of-charter-30266792.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-18

The Thai Journalists Association has requested, on behalf of reporters at Parliament, for the CDC to allow journalists to observe the last week of charter deliberations and consultations with relevant groups, including the NRC and the government.

But CDC member Paiboon Nititawan told a press conference yesterday that journalists could not sit in on the talks.

they never heard of CSPAN I guess...

open and transparent process....

No transparency = something to hide.

Nonsense.

They just don't want to spoil the "surprise".

wink.png

Obviously at an ever growing 315 pages, 65,000 words, and meant to cover any possible issue, and constrain those evil politicians, it's a steaming pile of poo. Any advance word, without the proper 'endorsement', might lead to unhappiness.

No transparency = something to hide.

Nonsense.

They just don't want to spoil the "surprise".

wink.png

Obviously at an ever growing 315 pages, 65,000 words, and meant to cover any possible issue, and constrain those evil politicians, it's a steaming pile of poo. Any advance word, without the proper 'endorsement', might lead to unhappiness.

Wasn't the April draft version made available by the NRC as well and not by the CDC ?

Its so good they cant tell the paying public what it really contains Thainess at its best.

Thaksin must have paid someone to see it, ask him for the details - or was he telling porkies again and then repeated them to his sycophants

Again the Thai people just don't get a fair shake. Power in won't ever allow others to have a vote. 100s of years of elitist rule. Maybe some more direct involvement in how bad a tyrant can be, and more WW II involvement might have shaped their minds. Most colonial rule went away shortly after WW II, but amazingly in Asia most countries did not have people rules.

Here it is folks.....how to make the Charter legitimate.....refuse to allow anyone to see it, read it, campaign against it or vote on it. I guess it's Thainess at its finest; I don't understand it.

I think everyone will be 'allowed' to vote FOR it.

Here it is folks.....how to make the Charter legitimate.....refuse to allow anyone to see it, read it, campaign against it or vote on it. I guess it's Thainess at its finest; I don't understand it.

I must have missed something here.

It will be seen and read on Saturday which is only 4 days away. Does that make any difference to you?

Nowhere have I seen that it can be campaigned against and AFAIR the people of Thailand, ALL of them will be allowed to vote on it.

Farangs who have no voice or vote in Thailand will still on websites like this try to tell the Thai people what they should do and how they should vote.

Please point out to me where and if I am wrong.

Meanwhile don't let the truth or facts get in the way of your anti government rant.

Edited by billd766

It will be seen and read on Saturday which is only 4 days away.

Exactly. That appears to be the 'current' "road-map". Maybe wait until Sunday to see if that' still the plan.

Anyway, nothing to see here (literally), just a half-baked Constitution. Better to wait until it is out of the oven and allowed to cool?