Koh Tao murder trial reconvenes in Koh Samui

webfact

Been following these topics for a few weeks now so have got a fairly good understanding of the case. One thing that sticks in my mind, why was one of the defendants trying to leave the island, i believe he got as far as Surat Thani before the police stopped him. Quite possible he had a valid reason, any idea's or was it a different person ?

The better question would be: If he was guilty, why would he go to his room immediately after the crime and snooze like a baby?

Additionally: if he was guilty, he would want to split (or he would at least act erratically afterwards). He'd have blood on him and his clothes, so he'd be crazed about cleaning everything. The trip on the ferry happened two weeks after the crime, for krysaches.

Also, as Stephen has mentioned several times: locals would be literally up in arms - swarming to the Burmeses' dwelling to string the guys up - if they thought he did it. Locals usually know about such things. Heck, locals didn't even call out or throw anything when witnessing the reenactment. Ordinarily, Thais would be livid during a reenactment - particularly for such a heinous crime which impacts so badly on the island's reputation. The islanders know the boys didn't do the crime. Most know who did it, but for obvious reasons (they want to stay alive), they ain't tellin'.

For sure.........smile.png

I posted weeks back, check bank account transactions..............

I think this is good point that if the locals believed the Burmese did it they probably would have swarmed around the residences of all Burmese in the area. They might not care about the lives of a couple of farang but they do care about their livelihoods that might be impacted by tourist murders.

However, we have heard many comments from visitors to KT to the effect that they all know who did but don't dare say, except that it wasn't the 2B.

what utter BS, if a tourist goes to Koh Tao unless they are the sort of person that goes out looking for trouble they will not find it on Koh Tao..other than this when have you heard of trouble in KT compared to all the other thai hotspots phangan, samui and especially the sanitly pattaya…or are you referring to Sean Mcanna?? the only person to cry wolf to get attention?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deja vu all over again regarding the Bangkok bombs .......

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chief-investigator-says-erawan-shrine-bombing-was-not-the-work-of-thai-perpetrators

Head of the Erawan deadly bomb explosion investigation expressed confidence that the bombing was not the work of Thai perpetrators while the possibility of involvement by foreign-based group is not ruled out.

He said he was certain no Thai would be so cruel to carry out the deadly attack on their fellow countrymen.

I know it is off topic ... but where have you heard that before ?

Why is it, when Thai police chiefs make announcements, it's like they're addressing a roomful of kindergardners.

Xenophobia with a capital Z !!

I see it almost every day.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chief-investigator-says-erawan-shrine-bombing-was-not-the-work-of-thai-perpetrators

Head of the Erawan deadly bomb explosion investigation expressed confidence that the bombing was not the work of Thai perpetrators while the possibility of involvement by foreign-based group is not ruled out.

He said he was certain no Thai would be so cruel to carry out the deadly attack on their fellow countrymen.

Why is it, when Thai police chiefs make announcements, it's like they're addressing a roomful of kindergardners.

It's symptomatic of how Thai society react. They close ranks at the top and relay this message to the masses to reassure them - it's all the foreigners fault. And then they probably play the national anthem. It's called continued indoctrination.

For sure.........smile.png

I posted weeks back, check bank account transactions..............

I think this is good point that if the locals believed the Burmese did it they probably would have swarmed around the residences of all Burmese in the area. They might not care about the lives of a couple of farang but they do care about their livelihoods that might be impacted by tourist murders.

However, we have heard many comments from visitors to KT to the effect that they all know who did but don't dare say, except that it wasn't the 2B.

what utter BS, if a tourist goes to Koh Tao unless they are the sort of person that goes out looking for trouble they will not find it on Koh Tao..other than this when have you heard of trouble in KT compared to all the other thai hotspots phangan, samui and especially the sanitly pattaya…or are you referring to Sean Mcanna?? the only person to cry wolf to get attention?

Real nice, so you're saying David and Hannah got murdered because they were the sort of people who were out looking for trouble.

Thanks for your valuable insight.

Off Topic, yes, but interesting: I am sure the number of people visiting Koh Tao is down, but it still ranks as No.5 on the Trip Advisor list of the Worlds Best Islands. Not sure how valid that figure is, or Trip Advisor itself, but it must have some credibility. Bangkok stands at No 18 in the City ratings.

Wow, today must be a record for new number of shills

Just wait until the defence starts - they'll be swarming all over trying to obscure the case.

From Wikipedia: "Picture If You Will...", a phrase Rod Serling used in more than one Twilight Zone episode.

I can also envision lots of picturing and analogizing.

This is conveniently forgetting all the thai on thai violence that happens on Koh Tao and has been documented, but that doesn't count right?

my comment was badly worded and written in haste as i took a dislike to a slating of koh tao with the ' other visitors have commented that they knew who did it but wouldn't dare say'…who are these people that visit KT as a tourist and get inside info on who did it?

The Dark Side of Thailand's Island Paradise

It's certainly possible the green towel was introduced to the crime scene after the perps had fled but it is also possible that it was used by the murderers to cover the victim's face, so they could rape her posthumously without having to look at their handiwork. Given that there is no evidence that the towel was introduced later and the crime scene was deliberately left unsealed by police, a complete forensic examination of the towel should be essential.

I thought the towel may have just been used to cover her injuries, an act of dignity from someone given the horrific nature of the attack.

Yes, but there is no evidence of this.

Good point, but as always pure speculation , we just don't know.

It's certainly possible the green towel was introduced to the crime scene after the perps had fled but it is also possible that it was used by the murderers to cover the victim's face, so they could rape her posthumously without having to look at their handiwork. Given that there is no evidence that the towel was introduced later and the crime scene was deliberately left unsealed by police, a complete forensic examination of the towel should be essential.

I thought the towel may have just been used to cover her injuries, an act of dignity from someone given the horrific nature of the attack.

Good point, but as always pure speculation , we just don't know.

Exactly we don't know but we or rather the court should know, instead the towel has vanished. A prime piece of evidence that would have important DNA evidence

Edited by thailandchilli

yes seahorse, that is one of the many headline grabbing blogs and articles written AFTER the event….how many from before it?

No, it was penned before this case, but due to the number of hits, the author decided to go back and update it.

I know, because I know the guy.

yes seahorse, that is one of the many headline grabbing blogs and articles written AFTER the event….how many from before it?

Nick died before with his parents convinced he was murdered by the local mafia in fact one of the mods here is a close family friend of the Pearsons

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-derbyshire-30546787

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thailand-beach-death-parents-convinced-4410135

Edited by thailandchilli

Also, I came across another bullshit click bait article on some site or another penned in 2013, a jokey piece that made multiple references to the Koh Tao mafia, so more people than just this guy knew how things worked on the island long before the murders.

Just wait until the defence starts - they'll be swarming all over trying to obscure the case.

From Wikipedia: "Picture If You Will...", a phrase Rod Serling used in more than one Twilight Zone episode.

I can also envision lots of picturing and analogizing.

Someone wrote it for him I think...A bloke earning a living..........gawd..........rolleyes.gif

Means feeerk all to this case does it, except folk like yourself who have NO interest in finding the real killers of our kids........You have no shame for sure, you turn off your PC and walk away..Those around you don't know who or what you are....How sad..

Thank you. Nice to know you're paying attention. I don't know who you are either.

The Thai people around don't speak English and wouldn't be able to point out Koh Tao on a map.

The NY Times is the only major international newspaper with a full-time Bangkok bureau -- so far they have only run dispatches from Reuters and Associated Press. If I didn't have interest in these matters I wouldn't be here -- I just don't take the Thai side or the non-shills as dominate the discussion on here as a given.

This was linked on Andy Hall's Twitter account:

@BBCNews @Atomicalandy @jonathansamuels @pakhead UK spent a 4tune following Oscar case, not present at highest profile case inv UK Citizens?

-- because people know who is Oscar Pistorius and want to read about. That's how the news biz works.

Edited by JLCrab

I was not referring to Sean McAnna. Relative to its size and number of visitors, Koh Tao certainly has its fair share of foreign tourists who die in suspicious circumstances without looking for trouble, including David and Hanna and Nick Pearson. Anyway the size of the death toll, or whether victims, in some mysterious ways, caused their own deaths, was not my point. I was pointing out that locals didn't react in a way that suggested they believed the 2B were the murderers and that, off the record, will openly say it was someone else who can't be named for fear of murderous reprisals.

Edited by Dogmatix

And this one from 2010

Their new mate, Nont (pronounced Non), the son of the AC2 resort owner, was sweet but a bit spoilt and played quite rough, as Thai kids seem to do.

After a few weeks on the island, we found out that Koh Tao has a dark underbelly in the form of locally powerful mafia-like families that own many of the businesses and make sure that they get the cream of the profits that tumble into Koh Tao. In the fairly short time we were there, several people were killed - that is, murdered. We even heard the crack of a gunshot on one occasion.

http://myfamilyandotherglobetrotters.blogspot.com/2010/10/koh-tao-murky-truth.html

Edited by thailandchilli

I was beginning to think the same, a few "new posters" and already, reading between their lines, where their affiliations lie. respond to them at your peril, as there's maybe a concerted effort to get this thread locked?

This is one of the few locations where news of this crime is being relayed almost hourly, the fact it's so low key within the country speaks volumes, as this is bad press, and I'm willing to bet an order from up high has come down to minimise exposure of this case, due to the possibilities of a negative impact on tourism.

In a nutshell, as cold and blunt this may sound, Thai officials care more about their tourism and tourism revenue and the impact of tourism, than the brutal murders of two young Westerners on one of their poster Islands.

Edited to add..

This is why it's important for the expat community to remain calm, and to avoid "flashing" ( losing the cool) at a handful of individuals, for the sake of keeping the seriousness of the crime against two of our own, this is about Hannah and David, they deserve justice, and their families deserve closure.

I'm truly at a loss however as nothing so far from the prosecution has made this case anything but "complete/perfect/watertight" having it presented the way it has been now, sadly shows that this is a show trial, nothing more, it's aa token gesture towards the victims families, how they also could possibly have put out statements saying the B2 has a case to answer for, for everything that the prosecution has presented so far as cast iron, must be stomach churning for them, they've been let down by the lies, and shameful manipulation of people so far out their depth, they'd drown in a spoonful of cotton wool.

The prosecution witnesses have been shambolic, and if that/these judge(s) had some balls and backbone, (t)he(y) would halt this trial and order a new investigation immediately!!

Edited by Fat Haggis

None that's been presented -presumably that's why the defence questionned it. BTW - you are responding to a minor of 15 years (if her profile is true) and that's dangerous territory on this thread..

Unfortunately there's probably a few who are more than happy to..

I was beginning to think the same, a few "new posters" and already, reading between their lines, where their affiliations lie. respond to them at your peril, as there's maybe a concerted effort to get this thread locked?

This is one of the few locations where news of this crime is being relayed almost hourly, the fact it's so low key within the country speaks volumes, as this is bad press, and I'm willing to bet an order from up high has come down to minimise exposure of this case, due to the possibilities of a negative impact on tourism.

In a nutshell, as cold and blunt this may sound, Thai officials care more about their tourism and tourism revenue and the impact of tourism, than the brutal murders of two young Westerners on one of their poster Islands.

How many potential tourists read the Thai newspapers? The foreign newspapers that a potential foreign tourist might read have maybe decided not to write much about because their readership analytics tell them that, when they run a story, not enough people read it to justify their continued coverage.

Edited by JLCrab

There is no evidence.

And this one from 2010

Their new mate, Nont (pronounced Non), the son of the AC2 resort owner, was sweet but a bit spoilt and played quite rough, as Thai kids seem to do.

as most thai kids do? so the point of highlighting that bit is?

After a few weeks on the island, we found out that Koh Tao has a dark underbelly in the form of locally powerful mafia-like families that own many of the businesses and make sure that they get the cream of the profits that tumble into Koh Tao. In the fairly short time we were there, several people were killed - that is, murdered. We even heard the crack of a gunshot on one occasion.

well i call BS on the 2 deaths…i have been going to koh tao for over 10 years and bee

http://myfamilyandotherglobetrotters.blogspot.com/2010/10/koh-tao-murky-truth.html

as most thai kids do…so the point of highlighting that is?? hopefully you're not making out that kid was NS.

i have been coming to thailand for over 10yrs..especially Koh Tao since 2006, so i call BS on the 2 deaths they wrote of.

i know of 1shooting and that was a thai on thai dispute. and the gun shot..yeah right only if it was the one i just mentioned.

something for those who say the B2 are innocent to consider…recently a friends burmese staff had to goto the police station to deal with his brother who had been involved in a knife fight which resulted in 1 bead burmese guy..stabbed to death!!!, so anyone can commit a crime regardless of nationality, looks or build

and for the record i dont have an opinion either way to weather the B2 are guilty or not….however unlike a majority of posters here i won't rule out they were/are not capable

No, it was penned before this case, but due to the number of hits, the author decided to go back and update it.

how well do you know him? did he tell you he had to leave because he got caught stealing money from the donation boxes?

how well do you know him? did he tell you he had to leave because he got caught stealing money from the donation boxes?

i know him well enough to know that he did not do this. This was a myth created to discredit him, and I will stake my repuation on it m8.

as most thai kids do…so the point of highlighting that is?? hopefully you're not making out that kid was NS.

i have been coming to thailand for over 10yrs..especially Koh Tao since 2006, so i call BS on the 2 deaths they wrote of.

i know of 1shooting and that was a thai on thai dispute. and the gun shot..yeah right only if it was the one i just mentioned.

something for those who say the B2 are innocent to consider…recently a friends burmese staff had to goto the police station to deal with his brother who had been involved in a knife fight which resulted in 1 bead burmese guy..stabbed to death!!!, so anyone can commit a crime regardless of nationality, looks or build

and for the record i dont have an opinion either way to weather the B2 are guilty or not….however unlike a majority of posters here i won't rule out they were/are not capable

They might be guilty, I have yet to see anything that convinces me of this. Murderers can be of any creed, race or build so your use of this Burmese knife incident takes away from your point. People who say the B2 can't be guilty because of their stature etc, well that is just stupid, so whats the point of using a reverse example.

Koh Tao and the police work same...