We deserve better than Thai police’s bumbling bombing investigation

Lite Beer

We deserve better than Thai police’s bumbling bombing investigation
By Coconuts Bangkok

suckers.jpg

BANGKOK: -- To reassure nervous tourists after Thailand’s worst terrorist attack in memory, Police Chief Somyot Poompanmoung went straight to the beating heart of Bangkok’s lucrative tourism industry and made an announcement.

"I suspect that he may have left,” he said about the main bombing suspect in a press conference at notorious Nana Plaza last Friday.

He then canvassed the redlight district assuring punters that they could continue their boozing and prostitution-mongering without fear of a deadly attack.

At one point in the evening he was aptly photographed in front of a girlie bar named Suckers.

In their relentless drive to “return to normal” (i.e. keep the tourist bucks flowing) after the bombing, police may have overlooked and contaminated evidence. Human remains reportedly fell from a tree near the blast site two days after the explosion.

A BBC reporter found shrapnel across the street from Erawan Shrine days after the attack, and when he tried to hand it over to police they said their headquarters was “closed.”

Read More: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/08/26/we-deserve-better-thai-polices-bumbling-bombing-investigation

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-08-26

Central Rama9 has stepped up security.....
for farangs....

I went in today and I had to get off my bike and let them look under the seat, I thought hmmm, that's great.... They taking security seriously now

Then I watched the bike behind me with 3 young Thais on it, they got their parking ticket without even switching off the engine never mind stopped and searched

Mother<deleted> lazy thai security
... Will never change

for farangs....

I went in today and I had to get off my bike and let them look under the seat, I thought hmmm, that's great.... They taking security seriously now

Then I watched the bike behind me with 3 young Thais on it, they got their parking ticket without even switching off the engine never mind stopped and searched

... Will never change

Same happened to me at Central Festival Pattaya.

for farangs....

... Will never change

You must understand the bomber in Bangkok was a foreigner, and as the powers that be has said no Thai could do such a thing it stands to reason that only foreigners should be searched.

DUH!

What were they doing at the go go bar?

Perhaps, were they there to collect some more money from the bar owners?

"I suspect that he may have left,” What a great comment! Is this a joke?
Did he really believe that the suspect wanted to stay in Thailand after what he did? No one would.

I am sure that these police men had a great time at the Nana Plaza and talking about the suspect of the bombing.

Their moron like behavior is not funny at all for the victims.

"At one point in the evening he was aptly photographed in front of a girlie bar named Suckers."

cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

'Nuff said.

And...he or his mates wouldn't have a clue what it means!

You would be surprised, many of the younger guys have been educated abroad given the means at their parents disposal. There was one elderly gentleman Khun Prawut i believe on tv with Jonathan Head who spoke pretty good English and that was one of the old guard, although seemingly a little disinterested when the reporter misquoted or represented him incorrectly he did correct the reporter.

I just don't think they think about it, just follow on with one their PR, spokespeople tell them to do.

The Thai public have only themselves to blame for the BIB, the politicans and civil servents taking advantage of them. When 70+% of the public allow as graft is ok if it benifets them individually then add in the corrupt individuals in the afrementioned 3 groups and that leaves darn few truly honest thinking / or dealing people in this country..

This might be accepted or a part of urban living in large cities by the bleeding hearts but even the smaller villages are seeing a increase in petty theft by the layabouts who are too lazy to work up a sweat and demand 4 to 500 baht a day to grace you with their presense, if you furnish food and whiskey. Mechinized. farm machinery will replace these people who without a drastic change in attitude will make up the majority of the prison population in the near future. Although it should be a close race between the 4 mentioned groups as who will out number who in the race for entery to these hollowed structures.

Edited by slapout

The Thai public have only themselves to blame for the BIB, the politicans and civil servents taking advantage of them. When 70+% of the public allow as graft is ok if it benifets them individually then add in the corrupt individuals in the afrementioned 3 groups and that leaves darn few truly honest thinking / or dealing people in this country..

This might be accepted or a part of urban living in large cities by the bleeding hearts but even the smaller villages are seeing a increase in petty theft by the layabouts who are too lazy to work up a sweat and demand 4 to 500 baht a day to grace you with their presense, if you furnish food and whiskey. Mechinized. farm machinery will replace these people who without a drastic change in attitude will make up the majority of the prison population in the near future. Although it should be a close race between the 4 mentioned groups as who will out number who in the race for entery to these hollowed structures.

out of those four mentioned groups ,i would only hire the machines tbh .......

for farangs....

... Will never change

You didn't read a quote from the Thai media, not long after the incident; It stated that a survey of Thais, (don't know how big the survey pool was) said...... 90% of Thais surveyed did not believe that a Thai national could have done such a terrible thing!.....

So that's why they never got searched........ 'Thais would never do anything so horrible as this bombing'....... That must have been a relief to the authorities..... The police..... security guards could stop wasting there time thinking it may have been a Thai doing the bombing!

The power of media!

for farangs....

... Will never change

In all of their wisdom they have determined the bomber was not a Thai. Your not Thai ergo you get searched.

Last night between Thong Lor and Bang Na we went trough no fewer than five police checkpoints but wasn't stopped once.

Well you are not wearing a yellow t-shirt and glasses so why should they stop you ?

Last night between Thong Lor and Bang Na we went trough no fewer than five police checkpoints but wasn't stopped once.

Well you are not wearing a yellow t-shirt and glasses so why should they stop you ?

I had four dolly birds on me and a bottle of vino on the go.....