Metal roof - Aluzinc?

iforget

I need to replace the roof on my house in Phuket. It's currently those big rather thin cement tiles, about 2mx60cm.many are cracked so we have a dozen leaks, especially in the kitchen where the roof pitch is very shallow and the rain backs up and dribbles over the top end of the tiles.

I have had a recommendation to use extruded coated tin roofing - each piece the full length of the roof - with preattached insulation. The name I was given is Aluzinc.

Can anyone advise me where in Phuket I can get this and a rough cost per sqm? I realise there are variables (thickness of insulation for example) but a ballpark price would be very helpful.

Also, any recommendation on replacing roof trusses or not? They are currently timber and although the main timbers are ok the termites have done quite a bit of damage to barge boards. If I put ceilings in (we have none at present) its going to make it difficult to keep an eye on termite activity. And yes, the house has been treated recently but we all know that doesnt last forever ir even fir very long...

All suggestions gratefully received.

I am waiting for the next, bad hail storm to hit up here in N. Thailand, and I too, will be switching over from that wavey-ridged crap to metal roofing with the foam insulation glued underneath. I actually enjoy the sound of rain on a tin roof...having said that, I have been where you can forget about hearing anything else until it subsides. I will keep an eye out for that brand...thanks for sharing. I hope you can find it in Phuket. If you can't, I know I won't be finding it up here. Good luck. pg

The product is ColourBond the supplier in Bangkok will ship to Phuket, and up north as well, cost is 300 to 400 baht per sq metre depending on the profile. AFIR it has a 30 year guarantee on the sheet. The cost of the insulation is about 50 sqm.

If you want to cheep out you can get the locally produced sheet at about half the cost, but it is also about half the thickness.

I recently built a house up north ... metal roof sheeting colorbond zincalume roofing comes in two thicknesses if I remember ( Heavy duty & normal )

BlueScope Steel (Thailand) Limited.
Marketing and Sales: 7th Fl Bangkok Thai Tower, 108 Rangnam Rd, Phayathai, Rajthevi, Bangkok - 02-6427155
BlueScope Steel Corporate: Home, www.bluescopesteel.co.th

BlueScope Steel Thailand

I recently built a house up north ... metal roof sheeting colorbond zincalume roofing comes in two thicknesses if I remember ( Heavy duty & normal )

BlueScope Steel (Thailand) Limited.

Marketing and Sales: 7th Fl Bangkok Thai Tower, 108 Rangnam Rd, Phayathai, Rajthevi, Bangkok - 02-6427155

BlueScope Steel Corporate: Home, www.bluescopesteel.co.th

BlueScope Steel Thailand

The Bangkok supplier who will sell to you and ship anywhere is http://www.steelandsolarroof.co.th the name has changed recently. There is another supplier in BanHat south of KK

67 Moo 9 Mittapap Rd., Banhad,

Khon Kaen‎ 40110

Thailand

The steel comes in several different thickness depending on the profile you use

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

What type of quote can one expect to get in Thailand?   I would like to see a quote that lists the work to be performed.  

Remove and haul away existing roof. 

Make repairs and modifications to existing metal support system.

Touch up rust preventative paint as required.

Install Colorbond roof type xyz style abc, thickness .3-.5 mm it what it is. Will be installed per manufacturer specifications.   

Payments to be 50% at start and 50% when customer is happy with roof and clean job site. 

Workmanship is Warranty good for x years. And product warranty is good for 25 years.