Panthongtae gives Bt7 million reward to police

Lite Beer

The RTP stronger and more influential than the government.

A military government!

Do you seriously believe the Royal Thai Police are more powerful than the Royal Thai Army?

We can only hope that we never get to see a showdown between them!

A guaranteed lose-lose scenario for everyone.

RTP numbers estimated between 230,000 and 250,000 - and the new chief wants them to get better weapons.

RTA numbers estimated around 190,000.

RTAF around 45,000.

RTN around 71,000.

I would like to see the showdown between them, so long as it ends like the final scene in Tarantino's, Reservoir Dogs.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A military government!

Do you seriously believe the Royal Thai Police are more powerful than the Royal Thai Army?

The government could be more proactive in asserting it's authority in matters concerning the at times unusual or alleged lawbreaking practices of it's police force.

they tried a dry run with immigration recently - the truth of the matter is that money runs this country above all else and by money I mean the extra methods these agencies utilize to bolster their income, Thaksin knows the game inside out as dirty as it is

A military government!

The government could be more proactive in asserting it's authority in matters concerning the at times unusual or alleged lawbreaking practices of it's police force.

they tried a dry run with immigration recently - the truth of the matter is that money runs this country above all else and by money I mean the extra methods these agencies utilize to bolster their income, Thaksin knows the game inside out as dirty as it is

Yep money, money, money. Although I understand what you say, I don't see it as running the country I see it as ruining the country.

I think the police should give the money back. After all, it comes from an evil family the Bangkok elite vilify. Why on earth would they want this tainted money?

We know they will take it, the greedy little so and so's. As soon as they get it they will go right back to denigrating the Shinawatra's.

wow, 7 million baht for a family that has billions.. Its all relative.

I bet it isn't even .01% of their entire wealth, if it was a genuine offer and you believed it would help with the investigation then give it anonymously otherwise it looks like a publicity stunt..

wow, 7 million baht for a family that has billions.. Its all relative.

I bet it isn't even .01% of their entire wealth, if it was a genuine offer and you believed it would help with the investigation then give it anonymously otherwise it looks like a publicity stunt..

Thaksin is worth on his own around $2 bil according to forbes but I don't think they could even imagine how many shady numbered back accounts and companies he might be in charge off...

I think if he admits having 2bil, he probably has 5+ or even 10+

For sure, this is less than a drop in the family bucket and so publicly announced on Facebook confirms he did it not only to help the investigation shambles....

Why does the police receive this money?

The money was supposed to be for anyone with information leading to arrest of people behind the August 17 Erawan Shrine bombing.

The police only could make the arrests because some people gave them information.

You lived far tooo long in a civilized country where they have this funny procedure not rewarding the cops for doing their job. It is this weird “farrangness” that makes them believe it’s all included in the salary.

Regarding Sonny’s reward: maybe he gave it to the lost & found department just in case there is need to encourage people to return a lost police rank.

The money was supposed to be for anyone with information leading to arrest of people behind the August 17 Erawan Shrine bombing.

The police only could make the arrests because some people gave them information.

You lived far tooo long in a civilized country where they have this funny procedure not rewarding the cops for doing their job. It is this weird “farrangness” that makes them believe it’s all included in the salary.

Regarding Sonny’s reward: maybe he gave it to the lost & found department just in case there is need to encourage people to return a lost police rank.

It was not information given to police it was police tracing his cell phone signal that is why the police knew which route he took when he returned to the flat after the bombing or else the informant would have gotten the reward

No one should be surprised far less shocked at anything the BIB do especially when it involves money but where's the leadership from the PM ?

Given Mr.T's status as a wanted fugitive and the general attitude towards the Shin family the BIB should have been ordered not to accept the cas as it would be totally inappropriate to do so. The PM has failed miserably as a leader and no doubt one of the potential excuses will be that a reward to the BIB for such ' great work ' should not be withheld.

Forget leadership, transparency ,morality, politics, anything you can name as once again we see that in LoS money is the real name of the game.

Yes, you are right.

How many countries would allow their police to receive a very large amount of money from the son of a convicted criminal fugitive, wanted on 15 or so serious criminal charges and suspected of many more?

But, they won't extradite him either.

Just some cash to smooth things for the BiB bosses till the big boss get's back in charge of the trough.

Sickening.

Thainess runs deep on both sides of the political divide. The moneyed people are playing a game of one upmanship. I agree other people should have shared in the reward. I would have hung onto the reward till this played out in court. Amazing Thailand in all respects.

The thought that the reds were behind the Erawan bomb never even crossed my mind, until Thaksin's payment of 7m for the arrest of a non-proven bomber with seemingly no real motive. It is almost as if big T wants this case closed asap. I wonder why? As with everything Thaksin does, for his serious observers, his real motives are clear. In this case to nip in the bud any public link between Thaksin and red bomb whackjob Odd.

The Bangkok Post today say that the lawyer who is representing Yingluck in the rice pledging scheme once sought bail for Khun Odd.

There must be some connection.

Yep. Definitely suspicious. Panthongtae "also alleged that there were attempts to link this bombing to domestic politics."

Bilals neighbours wont get none niether will the cambodian police who arrested Mieraili.

Happy birthday to police,clap2.gif happy birthday to you

No one should be surprised far less shocked at anything the BIB do especially when it involves money but where's the leadership from the PM ?

Given Mr.T's status as a wanted fugitive and the general attitude towards the Shin family the BIB should have been ordered not to accept the cas as it would be totally inappropriate to do so. The PM has failed miserably as a leader and no doubt one of the potential excuses will be that a reward to the BIB for such ' great work ' should not be withheld.

Forget leadership, transparency ,morality, politics, anything you can name as once again we see that in LoS money is the real name of the game.

Yes, you are right.

How many countries would allow their police to receive a very large amount of money from the son of a convicted criminal fugitive, wanted on 15 or so serious criminal charges and suspected of many more?

But, they won't extradite him either.

Just some cash to smooth things for the BiB bosses till the big boss get's back in charge of the trough.

Sickening.

clap2.gif

And they gave the bomber a share for his confession, but not as much as he would have got had the DNA matched his, Thailand, the land where money comes first, even before life. This is the true meaning when people say the police are bought and paid for.

And they gave the bomber a share for his confession, but not as much as he would have got had the DNA matched his, Thailand, the land where money comes first, even before life. This is the true meaning when people say the police are bought and paid for.

I don't think he will need money when he's convicted of this, if he really did it the other prisoners might take care of him because right now he'll be in protection but after trial, who knows...

well don't that beat all thaksins son gives 7 million baht reward to the police for something they haven't done and the fact of the matter is they have already awarded themselves twice for the same thing and thaksins son is not quite sure on one or two points I am not sure on any points it really is disgraceful and the world is watching .

Naturally, one would assume he can easily afford that much and all the more actually because he did not earn that money like others earn their money rather it came from...well, you know the story and how it works here in Thailand ...so......no need to go into the details.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

A new process for crime solving in Thailand, Non involved individuals offer rewards, supplied by themselves, to those providing info to solve the crime, payable via BIB of course. The rewards in this case have been publized as cash payments.

Where do they go from here in the future national image /security threats that will have to be handled and solved quickly? Possibly a contest between the elite families as to can give the mostest, the quickest, prior to any legal conviction. Sounds like practice runs to hiring a group of what some would call a private army to do your bidding.