Business T/A help

Have been running businesses in Thailand for many years, under a company structure. Recently, I have been thinking of expending into other areas and need some advice. I need to know if it's possible to run multiple businesses in different categories under the same company structure. For example: Company A - trading as business name 1, Company A - trading as business name 2

This meaning two totally different businesses trading under the one company structure. I know I can and have done in the west, however, is it possible in Thailand. I have asked this question to lawyers, accountants etc and nobody can give me an answer. Has anyone here, done it and if so, do you just register another business name under the company?

My reason behind this is to simplify things. One company renewal, one company tax audit, one lot of social security, one lot of tax etc etc. Having multiple companies is not only a nightmare but also expensive to maintain.

Edited by Phuketboy

You can do it, as long as your DBD document lists the activities you are proposing to undertake. If your DBD document doesn't list the activity then you can always get it added.

The standard DBD clauses cover pretty much everything anyway.

One particular problem you might have is if one activity is VAT exempt and the other is not VAT exempt. If this was the case you would need to keep 2 sets of books and assign portions of any joint overhead to the respective business.