Low hanging wires - who you gonna call?

tropo

If the low slung cables causes you anxiety or if they really do present a public safety threat inform the Tassaban !

When calling the Tessaban be sure to use your best Thai to explain the problem or get a real Thai person to make the report.

In Pattaya, would this be the City Hall to call?

http://www.pattaya.go.th/

P.S. I see that watcharacters already suggested the City Hall.

Edited by Maestro
added postscript

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My neighbour went through a phase of driving his truck with a 40ft container home, in the process tearing up corner posts, taking out power and snatching low wires.

I saw my next door neighbour tying up low slung cables with cable ties, when you get past out 6 houses the cables are just a mess, some just run along the ground.

DIY is the answer I guess.

In a recent news item the PEA (Provincial Electrical Authority) in Pattaya had taken the responsibility of contacting all the cable TV companies because the cables belong to them and had been hung from PEA Poles without PEA permission. This was in the mares-nest of all cable mares nests at the corner of Middle rd and Sukhumvit Rd where all the construction work is going on.

It is about time PEA adopted a national policy of simply cutting all low-hanging or poorly attached non electric cables that do not have legally permission to be attached to their poles. That'd larn em!!!

I could almost hear them thinking: "why would you want to do that, they aren't cut yet - wait until the are".

I'm sure they were thinking something, but probably not that.

I had a talk to some Thai neighbours, but as expected was met with blank stares.

So you have no idea what to do, but your neighbors are somehow dimwitted for not having an instant solution either ... after you talked "to" (at?) them. And absent them talking "to" you, you imagined what they were thinking. Golly, the locals sure have some strange ideas.

I'm going to post some snaps of that video in case people don't watch it. If this is acceptable in Thailand, then we have no hope.

Using Google Translate the Thai title of that video translates to: "# Overpass before the country can not believe what you think". Perhaps someone proficient in Thai could provide a better translation of: #‎สะพานลอยประเทศไทย‬ ไม่อยากเชื่อ ก่อนทํามึงใช้อะไรคิด

post-34982-0-66146500-1448260551_thumb.j

post-34982-0-03930000-1448260407_thumb.j

post-34982-0-57741500-1448260407_thumb.j

Edited by Rimmer

I asked the friendly phone man to fix the birds nest of cables hanging around past our house but he declined. Said they weren't all his cables.

So i got up on a ladder and started to do it myself (without a work permit i may add). The neighbour said it was too dangerous so got her handy man and for a few hundred baht he did it.

You need to find a couple of workers with those bamboo ladders and some large cable ties (2.5 mm2 cable should do) and a quiet time, some money each, who cares if its 500 baht each, a bottle of law kaw, and problem solved.

I could almost hear them thinking: "why would you want to do that, they aren't cut yet - wait until the are".

I'm sure they were thinking something, but probably not that.

I had a talk to some Thai neighbours, but as expected was met with blank stares.

So you have no idea what to do, but your neighbors are somehow dimwitted for not having an instant solution either ... after you talked "to" (at?) them. And absent them talking "to" you, you imagined what they were thinking. Golly, the locals sure have some strange ideas.

Of course, sooner or later, some smartass had to give his 2 cents worth... and you were happy to oblige.

No dude, The blank stares are not a sign of "dimwitted", but merely a sign of "who cares". That was expected anyway, but I thought I'd ask. I have a neighbour who speaks (limited) English, so she's my go-to person in case of local problems and information (water cut, brownouts etc). She has a business, so she's usually on the ball and has a lot of service numbers on speed dial.

Now please don't bother to reply with any further sarcasm, if you don't mind.

Edited by tropo

To answer your question of - Who you gonna' call,

you can call anyone you please both in or out of

govt. agencies in order to receive the exact same

response. Absolutely nothing will be done. Now if

you happen to come upon a city service vehicle

doing something/anything in your vicinity, you may

want to engage them in conversation concerning

your/the problem and reinforce it with an equitable

offering, you may actually solve your dilemma. Can't

hurt rolleyes.gif Good luck smile.png

Throw a rope over the whole mess, use a slip knot and draw them up to the more solid power lines, tie off.

There are several ropes holding up wires around my corner block.

This might seem like a good idea, but I had some of the low cables tied off a couple of years ago, and when some service strung new cables they cut it. The main reason why they are hanging so low is that a dump truck did a dump next door (condo construction) and got caught up in them. I went to the site manager for help - that's when they were tied.

" Call " ? As Thailand is the land of " Hanging wires" I would presume they have a Ministry Of Hanging Wires !

LOL. Put that way it does seem rather absurd to be expecting there's anyone who cares.

Anyway, just to reiterate, I have decided on my course of action - NOTHING!

I shall wait until wires are cut, and then cut the hanging bits off and contact any services which happen to be disconnected as a result... and when they come I will ask them if they can tie them up higher.

" Call " ? As Thailand is the land of " Hanging wires" I would presume they have a Ministry Of Hanging Wires !

LOL. Put that way it does seem rather absurd to be expecting there's anyone who cares.

I shall wait until wires are cut, and then cut the hanging bits off and contact any services which happen to be disconnected as a result... and when they come I will ask them if they can tie them up higher.

Nothing?..

Where is your community spirit?.....dont say it's the local brew.

I'm going to post some snaps of that video in case people don't watch it. If this is acceptable in Thailand, then we have no hope.

Using Google Translate the Thai title of that video translates to: "# Overpass before the country can not believe what you think". Perhaps someone proficient in Thai could provide a better translation of: #‎สะพานลอยประเทศไทย‬ ไม่อยากเชื่อ ก่อนทํามึงใช้อะไรคิด

attachicon.gifOverpass1.jpg

attachicon.gifOverpass2.jpg

attachicon.gifOverpass3.jpg

I'd translate it as: "overpass in Thailand, don't like to believe it before starting to worry what i should think about it"

Nothing?..

There comes a time when you have to leave well enough alone. I didn't come here to change the country, but to enjoy a retirement.

They can save lives when foreigners suicide by jumping from their balcony <3

LOL. That's the second such suggestion in the thread. Can they really save lives? Do you have any examples to prove that?

Nothing?..

There comes a time when you have to leave well enough alone. I didn't come here to change the country, but to enjoy a retirement.

Much ado about Nothing..
Making a mountain out of a molehill....all spring to mind.
Anyway, good luck (not changing the country) spending your retirement dollars.

Much ado about Nothing..
Making a mountain out of a molehill....all spring to mind.
Anyway, good luck (not changing the country) spending your retirement dollars.

Yes, I could use some good luck right about now. With a bit of luck you will go away and post your nonsense elsewhere.

Edited by tropo

Low hanging wires - who you gonna call?

You already know the Thai answer

''Ghostbusters''

That's one answer I expected when I worded the title, and you guys didn't disappoint. I think your answer is the 3rd "Ghostbusters" answer already.