KTM announces RC and Duke 250 - Also reduces pricing on 200s/390s

TheRoadWarrior

I was considering buying the 390 Duke.

Unfortunately the amount of complaints regarding overheating in traffic,low speeds,knocked the idea on the head.

Not ideal for the Thai climate,was my conclusion.

Yikes! True, Thailand has a just a slightly warmer climate than Europe..facepalm.gif

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Near 4 sec from 0 to 130 it is a huge its smooooooked.

And 3 sec from 100 to 130 on Thai."

Wow, doing the math,

that is 0 to 100 in 1 sec.

Yes doing 0-100 faster when R3 near 1 sec.

An from 100-130 3 Sec.

F...k it alot of time 3 sec!!!!

Its not smoked.

Its sucked

Unfortunately the amount of complaints regarding overheating in traffic,low speeds,knocked the idea on the head.

In thai traffic on duke much more fast then on sport bike or look as sport bike(ninja250-300,R3 etc)

And its if really for traffic only.

Duke 200 or click its be fine;)

Honda cbr250 smoked from duke200 0-50..

;)

If 0-50 is important to you (I think that's what you're saying, it's difficult to decipher), buy a little automatic scooter. Then you can 'smoke' and 'suck' to your heart's content. :)

Edited by DLang

If 0-50 is important to you (I think that's what you're saying, it's difficult to decipher), buy a little automatic scooter. Then you can 'smoke' and 'suck' to your heart's content. smile.png

where i say it important for me?

read carful

"Unfortunately the amount of complaints regarding overheating in traffic"

if You try duke 390 you would know it happened when speed 0-50 or even less.. and it IF long time and ONLY hard slow traffic/ traffic jam.

ANd if for this is reason not useful duke 390

I answer..

"And its if really for traffic only.

Duke 200 or click its be fine;)"

"buy a little automatic scooter." ( Dlang)

click its scooter honda Click.. Did you ever been even in Thailand?facepalm.gif

i am stil thinking R3 or even ninja300 less useful then duke 390..

and small sport bike fine for beginer who want sport for first 1-6 month..

but RC390 much more better for fun..

if reason price.. can look at honda 300cc niked..

all this is I am explain in another topic

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/932046-what-most-usability-bikesscootersmopeds-on-thai-road/

best regards Ardokano

wai.gif

Edited by ardokano

What are you on about Ardokano???

Like the previous poster said, Japan is all about 400cc and up bikes for taxes and extra costs.

There is no licence whatsoever for bikes 250cc and up, which leads most motorcyclists to simply choose the biggest bike they like in their licence category. Even if it's 'cheaper' to own a 250cc, I never heard a single comment about anyone buying a 250 because they have no "shaken". I would also argue that 50cc bikes are easily the most popular in terms of volume (just think of all the delivery scooters) because they can be ridden with a valid car licence (form memory?). It's well known that the Japanese regulations created the 400cc category for many bikes such as the CB400, CBR400RR, ZXR400, ZZR400, GSXR400, SR400 et al.

Screen_Shot_2016_07_20_at_22_32_40.png

I have a Japanese <400cc bike and a car licence, but are now expired.

Sorry to go off on a tangent - this thread is about the very nice bang-for-buck factor of all the KTM 200 - 390 bikes here in LOS biggrin.png

please read carful you like what saide DLangblink.png

"The Japanese classes for motorcycle taxation and licensing are 50cc-124cc, 125cc-399cc, 400c+

The tax system and licensing system are the same for both bikes and their owners."

so what i say wrong?

i you " never heard a single comment about anyone buying a 250 because they have no "shaken""

Its not mean tax sistem it SAME..

or you say its same 372cc and less 250 cc?rolleyes.gif

i give proof

and you do not refute the fact that there is a difference?rolleyes.gif

i say In Japan different taxing for less 250 and over 250 cc

is true or not?

Have" shaken"?

DLang say no difference..whistling.gif

wai.gif

againe

KTM i think make 250 cc for Japan or SIMULAR MARCKET WHERE HAVE Tax and some another think as allowed driving different for 125-250 an 250+

where i was wrong?

I give up....lol

• There is NO 250cc licensing limit/bracket/category for Japan - some bikes made for the Japanese market are typically limited at 400cc.
  • Motorcycle purchases are based on the licence category which is held by the rider - hence creating the <399cc category for bikes which are larger in other markets.
  • Just as there could be different additional taxes for a 500cc bike and a 1200cc bike, I would expect there to be a difference for 75cc and 150cc and 250cc - but this doesn't determine the riders choice of bike - their licence does. i.e. the 'tax' difference is not justifiable for a specific model (250cc in your example) to be developed just for the JP market.

I am sure there are other countries which have 250cc rider/licensing/tax/registration etc. restrictions have a lot of 250cc bikes sold there as a result - but Japan is not one of those countries.

Why do you think KTM made a 250cc specifically for Japan - who told you that?

I haven't followed much on the KTM forums or anything, but as it is one of the models which are made in India I would be surprised if they could not handle the Thai climate.

No i do not do

"250 KTM do it i think for japan market or simular where 250 its step for up taxes or etc. "

Japan be as example and i sure about Japan becouse friend tell me then i came to japan..

Less 250 it mor easy no need every year cheking and it be less money( not much but its fact less)

Is it clean now?

No i do not do

"250 KTM do it i think for japan market or simular where 250 its step for up taxes or etc. "

Japan be as example and i sure about Japan becouse friend tell me then i came to japan..

Less 250 it mor easy no need every year cheking and it be less money( not much but its fact less)

Is it clean now?

Your friend is mistaken if they believe Japan to be a place where there is a 250cc-step-up for taxes....... we covered this earlier - their step up is at 400cc :D

Now for 250cc, while there are benefits like 'shaken', expressways, and can ride at night or whatever in Tokyo......none of these things make the 250cc a step up due to taxes. You are trying to say that the fact that motorcycles greater than 250cc require the annual rego check (shaken) makes the 250cc size a 'step up point', when actually the step up point relates to the licence and as such is at 400cc.

The step up is based on licence restrictions at 400cc, not the fact shaken is required over 250cc.

Example - Japan wouldn't sell a lot of CBR500 bikes because you need an 'open / 400cc+' licence, not because the bike requires an annual shaken check.

I hope that was super clean!

Your friend is mistaken if they believe Japan to be a place where there is a 250cc-step-up for taxes....... we covered this earlier - their step up is at 400cc biggrin.png

Now for 250cc, while there are benefits like 'shaken', expressways, and can ride at night or whatever in Tokyo......none of these things make the 250cc a step up due to taxes. You are trying to say that the fact that motorcycles greater than 250cc require the annual rego check (shaken) makes the 250cc size a 'step up point', when actually the step up point relates to the licence and as such is at 400cc.

The step up is based on licence restrictions at 400cc, not the fact shaken is required over 250cc.

Example - Japan wouldn't sell a lot of CBR500 bikes because you need an 'open / 400cc+' licence, not because the bike requires an annual shaken check.

I hope that was super clean!

Sorry my English or my explaining..

But i just simple thinks.. pay more it step upbiggrin.png

Tax - any fees to the state treasury..

Thanks for large and detailed response.wai.gif

PS

KTM do well job..

And 250cc have point for target many market..

Japan includedthumbsup.gif

that is basically what I'm talking about..

My POINT

Looks like the 2016 models have a revised rad / fan set up - Slipper clutch too:

http://www.ktmduke390forum.com/forum/parts-accessories/2785-ordered-2-rear-47t-sprocket-new-chain.html

Less 250 it mor easy no need every year cheking

There is no cheking [sic] every year.... for any motorbike in Japan.

Sorry and thanks for corectionwai.gif

do them:

Less 250 it mor easy no need every 2 years cheking

or even:

Less 250 it mor easy no need EVER

Now is correct?thumbsup.gif

Looks like the 2016 models have a revised rad / fan set up - Slipper clutch too:

http://www.ktmduke390forum.com/forum/parts-accessories/2785-ordered-2-rear-47t-sprocket-new-chain.html

Is the link to "replacing the rear sprocket with a 47T, up +2 from the stock 45T thread" the reference you intended? facepalm.gif

You'd imagine it could eat a Ninja 300.

73 more cc, Xx less KG.

But watching youtube shootouts that single cylinder can't out-top that high revving twin for top speed, acceleration up to about 160kph has it just ahead by a few km.

Every year?

To start with, a new bike doesn't do a Shaken (similar to MoT) for 3 years, after that it is reduced to two years.... it is, by the way, a good thing. It is a check that keeps your vehicle in good condition. Deleted

You'd imagine it could eat a Ninja 300.

73 more cc, Xx less KG.

But watching youtube shootouts that single cylinder can't out-top that high revving twin for top speed, acceleration up to about 160kph has it just ahead by a few km.

yeh but it looks shed loads better and would out handle it any day....

Sure.

Would be good for short, fun rides or city riding.

I can't imagine it is much fun for intercity rides - light with zero wind protection.

Do you try it?

Or just teory about bike?

After 130-150km/h plastic help.

But 300cc and up 150km/h..

Are u seriose?

Did u try it?

:)

Every year?

To start with, a new bike doesn't do a Shaken (similar to MoT) for 3 years, after that it is reduced to two years.... it is, by the way, a good thing. It is a check that keeps your vehicle in good condition. One thing is clear. You don't know what you are talking about.

please read another my post

i am alreadu say SORRY..

yes i WAS wrong..

Sorry and thanks for corectionwai.gif

do them:

Less 250 it mor easy no need every 2 years cheking

or even:

Less 250 it mor easy no need EVER

PS

ok i do not know any...

But you know all but say no difference for 250cc and up/ 250cc and less in Japancheesy.gif

tell honestly you try duke 390, rc390?

Neither. The comment was based on it being a light, completely naked motorbike.

It's strange.... what's makes some people so utterly emotional. blink.png

talking about 300-400 cc naked.. is it?

So again..

do you try it?

Cant see how it can help wind protection. ..rolleyes.gif

Sure.

I can't imagine it is much fun for intercity rides - light with zero wind protection.

The rc390 appears to be full faring version so maybe not so much of an issue with regards to windage and of course, the light weight is actually desirable in a sports bike. The riding position on the rc390 would be another issue with regards to long ride comfort. Basically, this bike was not really designed for anything other than short fun rides.

But then again it's too damn hot in Thailand to do anything but short fun rides on a bike.gigglem.gif

Edited by fullcave

Sure.

The rc390 appears to be full faring version so maybe not so much of an issue with regards to windage and of course, the light weight is actually desirable in a sports bike. The riding position on the rc390 would be another issue with regards to long ride comfort. Basically, this bike was not really designed for anything other than short fun rides.

But then again it's too damn hot in Thailand to do anything but short fun rides on a bike.gigglem.gif

So you change your mind.

And do not buy slow motorbike R3 and get something quickly as rc390..

Or maybe your ugrate more you mind and want real sport bike as R6 or R1?

:)

PS

Did you try some cooling thermal underwear?