Poster of the Year Nominations -- Start Nominating

Fabricus

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not trolling. Instead, I am posting substantively.

I never said I was Poll Lord. That was your delusion and I wasn't amused by that either.

But I as a member, current POTY, know more about this contest over the years than just about anyone.

It is certainly true I am not in the contest this year, happily and INTENTIONALLY so (as I don't think previous winners should even be eligible), which I would think would give more credibility to my interest in people having information about how the process works, to keep this above board.

If you don't want to read my posts, put me on your IGNORE LIST. It's a useful tool and if you don't know how to use, just ask.

I am not saying that I think the process this time is worse than before. It may well be better.

I just want people to be clear about what the process is.

By your lack of response, I assume my assumptions were correct ... that the two supposed "elite" members designated by the OP will have the full authority to eliminate some nominated members.

Whether that is a good way or not is for people to decide for themselves, but I think they deserve to know what's up as in previous years so much was hidden.

I've said all along some nominated members need to go. I just want it be clear in what way that happens.

I really don't have anything else to say on the elimination process as it seems to stand now, unless there is new information presented. I just want there to be TRANSPARENCY about it.

Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

But Lord Eastwood and General VillageFarang are not schoolkids. They are mature, successful adults with enviable academic backgrounds and a history of stable relationships. They have impeccable records of contributing worthy, educational posts and threads to this forum. They are widely respected by the ThaiVisa community.

Are they of Portuguese descent?

May I make one small suggestion as far as the pruning process goes?

Considering that this is a members vote, run by members:

If the poll is to include 20 posters only and we have more than that, perhaps give members the chance withdraw their nominations first, then ask posters if they would like to opt out second.

Let's get this bloodshed show on the road.

Failing that, whatever...

If the poll is to include 20 posters only and we have more than that, perhaps give members the chance withdraw their nominations first, then ask posters if they would like to opt out second.

Easy.

You are list master Sipi?

This is not so hard to sort out. We start a poll with two lists split evenly and randomly (Because you can only have 20 on a poll) of everyone nominated.

Let everyone pick four favourites from each list, and the top twenty will be the one's running in the main run-off.

This way, the majority is respected and personal bias is not an issue.

I am not trolling. Instead, I am posting substantively.

I never said I was Poll Lord. That was your delusion and I wasn't amused by that either.

But I as a member, current POTY, know more about this contest over the years than just about anyone.

It is certainly true I am not in the contest this year, happily and INTENTIONALLY so (as I don't think previous winners should even be eligible), which I would think would give more credibility to my interest in people having information about how the process works, to keep this above board.

If you don't want to read my posts, put me on your IGNORE LIST. It's a useful tool and if you don't know how to use, just ask.

I am not saying that I think the process this time is worse than before. It may well be better.

I just want people to be clear about what the process is.

By your lack of response, I assume my assumptions were correct ... that the two supposed "elite" members designated by the OP will have the full authority to eliminate some nominated members.

Whether that is a good way or not is for people to decide for themselves, but I think they deserve to know what's up as in previous years so much was hidden.

I've said all along some nominated members need to go. I just want it be clear in what way that happens.

I really don't have anything else to say on the elimination process as it seems to stand now, unless there is new information presented. I just want there to be TRANSPARENCY about it.

Cheers.

You've got about 12 hours to get the poll up, as Frankie Howerd would say.

Any truth in the rumour that the chap below is actually running the poll and has in fact entered himself under a number of different fabricated names to ensure he wins ?

236712_5_1.jpg?w=580&h=436

Edited by shunter

This is not so hard to sort out. We start a poll with two lists split evenly and randomly (Because you can only have 20 on a poll) of everyone nominated.

Let everyone pick four favourites from each list, and the top twenty will be the one's running in the main run-off.

This way, the majority is respected and personal bias is not an issue.

Good to see some common sense here for a change .thumbsup.gif

Easy.

Nope. Sipi has family duties for a while, but I will pop in occasionally for light entertainment.

Easy.

Nope. Sipi has family duties for a while, but I will pop in occasionally for light entertainment.

Hmmm, they won't let me sing here..........sad.png ............laugh.png

I am heartened by the inclusion of some thoughtful, intelligent, calm, openminded and somewhat less imperious posters in the list of candidates this year. It speaks to what ThaiVisa could be but too often falls well short of. I suspect these individuals are simply window-dressing considering they do not represent the majority demographic but I still applaud their inclusion. In this opinionated and polarized age we live in, the shrinking middle ground between extremes can be a lonely place to reside and does not lend itself to popularity or notoriety.

Having gotten that off my chest, we now return you to our regularly scheduled entertainment.

I am heartened by the inclusion of some thoughtful, intelligent, calm, openminded and somewhat less imperious posters in the list of candidates this year. It speaks to what ThaiVisa could be but too often falls well short of. I suspect these individuals are simply window-dressing considering they do not represent the majority demographic but I still applaud their inclusion. In this opinionated and polarized age we live in, the shrinking middle ground between extremes can be a lonely place to reside and does not lend itself to popularity or notoriety.

Having gotten that off my chest, we now return you to our regularly scheduled entertainment.

You have heard me sing eh........giggle.gif

I applaud your taste in music but as far as your singing voice goes, does it resemble a throaty roar similar to your avatar ?

You have heard me sing eh........giggle.gif

I applaud your taste in music but as far as your singing voice goes, does it resemble a throaty roar similar to your avatar ?

Not sure, I have never heard myself sing, though my CD sold out in seconds..laugh.png

The crowd clear out in seconds also?

Noice comment.

May I also proffer Mr pinkpanther99 for consideration, more light-hearted then some, but that's sometimes what we need.

photo-37.gif?_r=1393209441

So, my list of 4, as per the allowed rules are, (in no particular order) ;-

smokie36

fletchsmile

patsycat

pinkpanther69

That is, of course, if ole' smokes will allow his name.

If he declines then please include JAFO. He's a highly intelligent scribe, an ex-Californian with a great perspective on the cross-cultural issues. No Avatar for him unfortunately.

I think we should divide the candidates into two teams, and then hold the two separate polls as primary elections where each side picks its champion to send into battle.

Are you proposing seedings based on previous year's performances?

I was thinking more of a 'republicans vs democrats' vibe. Who gets to be Hilary?

Noice comment.

May I also proffer Mr pinkpanther99 for consideration, more light-hearted then some, but that's sometimes what we need.

photo-37.gif?_r=1393209441

So, my list of 4, as per the allowed rules are, (in no particular order) ;-

smokie36

fletchsmile

patsycat

pinkpanther69

That is, of course, if ole' smokes will allow his name.

If he declines then please include JAFO. He's a highly intelligent scribe, an ex-Californian with a great perspective on the cross-cultural issues. No Avatar for him unfortunately.

Thanks for the nomination however I must decline to take part.

Next up they will be suggesting proportional representation and I'm just not ethnic, disabled, financially challenged, ugly, bearded or blessed to be female or homosexual.

I think we should divide the candidates into two teams, and then hold the two separate polls as primary elections where each side picks its champion to send into battle.

Are you proposing seedings based on previous year's performances?

I was thinking more of a 'republicans vs democrats' vibe. Who gets to be Hilary?

I'd be happy to run a Trump style side campaign for a reasonable fee if any Democrats have the funds.