PCX150 parts online?

JohnnyHK

Hello everybody, I'm looking for YSS shocks and Michelin/Pirelli tires online for delivery to Hong Kong. Why? Because they are 3 times the price here. Google search results only pull up bikerzbits and thaimotorcycleparts not exactly what I need so any locals with knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

I may try to visit Bangkok over Chinese New Year and pick them up in person, picking up an extra set of shocks for resale would pay for the airfare.

Why are parts so expensive there?

There is a group on Facebook called All New PCX 150. There is every part imaginable available there but it's all in Thai. Join and see what you can find.

Thanks Pinot I'll check out the Facebook group.

People here are not very mechanical at all so I think the local shops charge a premium knowing they would not be able to install them. Once I was changing the oil on my Buell and I had at least 5 people stop by asking questions like " isn't that hard?" And " why don't you just pay someone to do it for you?"

^ laugh.png In Indonesia guys take their bikes in for repairs and service and then wait outside on "pews" either for their turn or wait for their bikes. You should have seen the " isn't that hard?" looks I got when I carried my crankcase in to get it bored to fit a new cylinder liner.

Neither could I? Just another Indo anecdote. Guys who don't know how to change their own oil watching a bule carry his half an engine which he obviously removed himself.

To be honest I didn't know the place could do it until they showed me the milling machine in the back.

Edited by VocalNeal

Ah well, if you need to instal a big bore kit, depending on the bike and the kit etc., the diameter of the new liner is too large for the apperture in the crankcase so the crankcase has to be bored larger.

Edited by VocalNeal

Okay, getting a little off topic but its all good, working on bikes is therapeutic for me too.

I found the YSS G plus shocks for 4300bht at a couple places, tires are a bit tougher, any ideas? My wife has a good Thai friend in BKK so she may be able to pick up and ship, looking for Michelin or Pirelli.

BTW gasoline is USD 6.75 a gallon here, what is is there?

If you come here I will be happy to accompany you to the motor bike aftermarket parts market. Pirelli is not far from here.

In US gallons $3.26 in imperial gallons $3.91

Thanks Neal, that would be nice and give me some time away from the SO and her friends. I may try for around Chinese New Year.

People here are not very mechanical at all so I think the local shops charge a premium knowing they would not be able to install them. Once I was changing the oil on my Buell and I had at least 5 people stop by asking questions like " isn't that hard?" And " why don't you just pay someone to do it for you?"

In HK people to busy. And price time its high.

So mechanical skills to understand, only those who truly love it, or working as a mechanic.

And if you live not in privat home, for me, too, it is not clear why not give the workshop? You change the oil in the parking condo? And where do you throw away used oil or you keep it on the balcony of a condo?

And in my experience, japan tuning parts for cars and motorcycles in Hong Kong is cheaper than in Thailand.

In HK not have customs duties ant VAT, lowcost for shiping, so its be HUB tuning parts for many contry.

And in HK easy buy from any contry. becouse not have not have customs duties ant VAT. so its can order from Japan.

But anyway if you want from Thailand.

Thisi is site can delivery to HK

https://bikerzbits.co.th/new-g-plus-honda-pcx-2014-150-125.html

Yes, the search for Thai shops is easier if you know the names, Google does not provide much. Bikerzbits, Mad-Max, and Sumet I have found through forums but not easily.

29tire seems like a good place for tires but there is no way to email or get price confirmation, seems common for Thai websites. The price is very attractive too, may get a set for my Buell XB12R too.

Time is money but knowing that the job is done right is better piece of mind and worth it for me. If I want Mobile 1 full synthetic, that's what I put in. In a shop I can't guarantee they don't mix 4 half empty bottles of various viscosities to save a buck. Bolts torqued correctly? Don't even get me started on how many studs I've broken or bolt heads strip because they use "tighter is righter" philosophy.

I have always felt that washing, waxing, and maintaining a vehicle is akin to massaging or applying suntan lotion to a woman, creating a deeper bond. Of course this looks better when doing it to a Corvette, Escalade, or Navigator but in HK my PCX and Buell keep a smile on my face.

Time is money but knowing that the job is done right is better piece of mind and worth it for me. If I want Mobile 1 full synthetic, that's what I put in. In a shop I can't guarantee they don't mix 4 half empty bottles of various viscosities to save a buck. Bolts torqued correctly? Don't even get me started on how many studs I've broken or bolt heads strip because they use "tighter is righter" philosophy.

By your logic, you need to prepare meals yourself, you never know what will put the restaurant, make clothes, build a house, grow vegetables and fruits etc.

Better say you like mechanical work.

So what why i say.

People can not all know and do well. For some cane pay.

rolleyes.gif

In HK Big competition .

Most auto and moto services do a good job. Do not want to lose customers.
The price per hour of oil is more than valuable. Why lose customers because of the little things?
DELETED rolleyes.gif
Anyway. wellcome to Thailand if you guess in Thailand chipest, YSS i both one yer ago 4k at Pattayawai2.gif
Edited by seedy
disrespectful

By your logic, you need to prepare meals yourself, you never know what will put the restaurant, make clothes, build a house, grow vegetables and fruits etc.

Better say you like mechanical work.

So what why i say.

People can not all know and do well. For some cane pay.

rolleyes.gif

In HK Big competition .

Most auto and moto services do a good job. Do not want to lose customers.

The price per hour of oil is more than valuable. Why lose customers because of the little things?

DELETED rolleyes.gif

Anyway. wellcome to Thailand if you guess in Thailand chipest, YSS i both one yer ago 4k at Pattayawai2.gif

Yes, I can and often do those things, learned most growing up in America during the 70's when if something broke it stayed broken unless we fixed it. The Harley-Davidson motor in my Buell and the simplistic Honda PCX motor are easy to work on so why not?

The other day my wife saw that the zipper was chewed up on my gym bag and tells me to throw it away and buy a new one. I stop by a store on my way back from lunch, pick up a 24" length of #8 zipper, and spend 15 minutes sewing it in before bed. The other option would be spend 40 bucks on a new gym bag and use the time "I saved" watching a Cantonese soap opera with the wife.

YSS shocks are made in Thailand and so are the tires so why not buy from there?