Electric Scooter motors . Supplier?

Crossy

It has 2 wheels (cycle) and a motor so it counts as a motorcycle smile.png

I've been re-building a kids electric motorcycle, it's supposed to be a toy complete with Yamaha plastic. The plastic was all yuk and has been discarded leaving us with a 'rat bike'.

The two grandkids love buzzing around the garden on it, and, considering it's supposed to be a toy, it goes rather well smile.png Yes, they wear their Bike for Dad helmets.

Unfortunately the speed controller was fried and the decent Chinese one I replaced it with is now overheating the motor (no I've not increased the battery voltage, yet).

Sooo, we need a new motor, whilst we're at it we'll up the battery to 36V (currently 24V) for extra oomph.

Something like this http://www.aliexpress.com/item/hot-sale-MY1020-500W-36V-Electric-scooter-motors-DC-gear-brushed-motor-electric-bike-conversion-kit/32297286785.html

$50 for the motor - fine

$52 for shipping - not so fine

Before I shell out some coin does anyone know of a Thai outfit that can supply the MY1020 motor, preferably mail order?

Yeah, Chinatown is likely the best bet, my problem is that I'm only in BBK on weekdays and trogging over to Chinatown will use half a day (that's half a day not earning my crust).

I used to enjoy browsing the area, now it's a chore. Unless I know where I'm going I don't bother now, just cough the premium for mail order.

Lazada have the 250W motors, I may just get one of them for now.