regarding the 800,000 baht seasoning period

I just read this thread in the Chiang Mai section of this forum which others might want to read also regarding the 800,000 baht needing to be seasoned for six months there now.

Is this unique to Chiang Mai or is it being applied in other offices also?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/880392-friend-reports-cm-imm-now-wants-800k-%e0%b8%bf-to-age-6-months-anyone-else/

I totally agree.

My theory is that the root of the misunderstanding in CM was probably about an officer asking for bank account RECORDS back further than two or three months rather than actual seasoning.

But why would they "need" the additional 1+ months if all that is required is 3 months?

In other words, if the application can be rejected for NOT showing 6 months total bank records, then isnt this a de-facto new rule?

They got their 2-3 months seasoning + bank letter + recent atm transaction in some cases. Isnt that enough?

I understand the confusion of someone who has their minimum requirements and then are asked for more.

Edited by 4evermaat

When referring to the thread in the Chiang Mai Forum about how long money needs to be in an account, keep in mind that the thread was started because the original poster received a phone call from someone. As far as I can tell no one has produced "the letter" showing the requirement and most of the current posts are arguing about things which have nothing to do with how long the money must be in an account.

Oh please.

This is nothing new that immigration officers have the right, and sometimes exercise that right, to request/demand additional INFORMATION to support applications. Especially if they have suspicions, whether logically based or not. Years ago at my office the officers wanted a copy of my bank book going back a full year. In recent years, three months is adequate and have even had additional copies pushed back at me. So what? The question is have the official money seasoning rules changed or not. The answer is not.

Also not talked about but fact is here in Chiang Mai people are unhappy with the slow process and willing to spread any negative rumor.